What would you buy and hold now?

Agree, I was in at Lloyds at 34p. I'm thinking it will get to atleast double that in the near future.

Another stock to look at buying and holding: Firstgroup PLC
Got in at 193p as it bounced off of support. If it breaks through 215 i'll be adding to my position and holding until we see the 250 area and possibly higher.

Well done Dan, thats exactly when I posted mine..it was at 34.
Attached is the trend its running on now, a bit of support. I'll take my profits when the trend breaks.

I'll take a look at firstgroup

Attachments

• LLOYDS 60min 0.5x1.jpg
    LLOYDS 60min 0.5x1.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 208
Agree, I was in at Lloyds at 34p. I'm thinking it will get to atleast double that in the near future.

Another stock to look at buying and holding: Firstgroup PLC
Got in at 193p as it bounced off of support. If it breaks through 215 i'll be adding to my position and holding until we see the 250 area and possibly higher.

Unfortunately I cant share your enthusiasm for Firstgroup. I only trade with the trend based on P&F. This has a little way to go before I can consider this. But good luck though.
Consider IAG. I'll come back to this in a few weeks and we'll see how well that's done..currently 169

I would take a look at Cotton ...

I disagree, I dont think something like cotton, or most commodities should be bought and held for any period of time. They trend differently and it only takes a bit of rain and your f***ed. They're cyclical/seasonal.

I disagree, I dont think something like cotton, or most commodities should be bought and held for any period of time. They trend differently and it only takes a bit of rain and your f***ed. They're cyclical/seasonal.

will see

do you trade commodities yourself?

FISCAL CLIFF Stocks? SHORT SALE !
Hi Family !

What stocks do you short in regards of Fiscal Cliff? At the moment , today, I short sale overnight (swing trading) - these 5:

1. VIAB, ADSK, DPZ - 75% of my investment.

2. FB and ZNGA - 25%

What do you YOU short sale?

Take care,

Alec.

Hi Family !

What stocks do you short in regards of Fiscal Cliff? At the moment , today, I short sale overnight (swing trading) - these 5:

2. FB and ZNGA - 25%

Take care,

Alec.

Not sure about shorting facebook and zinga, i'd rather buy fb and sell znga for a lot of different reasons but none of them the fiscal cliff. Think about it, if you are really short of cash (because taxes have gone up), are you going to be going out all the time or sitting at home on the net?

Viacom worth selling anyway......

Autodesk.....dunno tbh but i'm sure i've seen it downgraded by a few different houses

Dominos ...... personally i don't think that's a good short if going over the fiscal cliff as people generally buy more junkfood in a downtown.... In terms, of the company's particular fundamentals, I couldn't tell you but I can tell you if we go over the fiscal cliff there will be better stocks to sell, in effect dominos is more of a cyclical defensive stock a bit like macDs.

Anyway, I don't think we're going over the fiscal cliff and if it did occur, there will be enough time to get short. My view is use this as an oppotunity to buy. I've been waiting for a dip to buy in terms of equities, this could well be it.

Buying when markets are close to historic highs is insane because I can gaurantee prices will be cheaper.
Wait for the earth to cave in and when we are closer to historic lows as in 2008-2009 buy and sell at times when we are at historic highs.
Never buy a stock above the average price and you will improve your chances of retireing young.

...Anyway, I don't think we're going over the fiscal cliff and if it did occur, there will be enough time to get short. My view is use this as an oppotunity to buy. I've been waiting for a dip to buy in terms of equities, this could well be it.

Agree, it's too early to make a short bet based on fiscal cliff. Watch volatility, right now it declines which mean there nobody in panic about it on the market. There is a lot of noise about fiscal cliff to make a pressure on congress/president. Yes, we can have strong decline and volatile trading as a result of it, yet, it could be short-lived - recession does not start in one day.

Yes, we should watch media talks, yet, media should not affect our analysis. From my personal expense market goes in opposite to the media-talk way:

- in 2003 from March to the end of 2003 media was talking that war in Iraq was not as fast as planed and that is very bad for the market - we had strong recovery

- in 2008 the media started to talk about recession and crash in August/September - the recession actually started in October 2007 and in January 2008 (when F&M crisis occurred) it was already clear that the financial sector on the market is in big trouble

- in 2009-2011 the media constantly talked about continuation of recession and then about extremely high odds of double recession - the stock market completely recovered during those two years...

And after that you want to base your bet on media-talks...

I was short on GOOG and AAPL since October. Now, I'm in cash.

Hi Family !

2. FB and ZNGA - 25%

Take care,

Alec.

For short I would consider shorting EMB and COST. Selected from
Overbought Stocks
In October I took GOOG and AAPL from the same source. Yet, I would recommend some additional analysis - use on-line resources but relay on your own analysis.

being all cash is not a bad idea I ran AAPL from $93 to sell at $500 and tossed it aside to use 1/2 my profit to buy something beat up.
The only stock I am long at the moment is GMCR which with coffee possibly becomeing more difficult to produce at $20 I found it to be a bargain this year.
I am takeing profits at these levels and have a stop set to where I can make no less thatn 25% on my investment.
I am a Canadian who shorted a Company Northern Telecom. from levels above $75 to levels below $1.00. Which is a reason I believe many investors forget about . NT was once 30% of TSX much like AAPL is today in NQ. So the biggest mistake is to be emotional about a company.
You must treat your investments as just that and never be afraid to take profit.
I have been careful and by doing so am a blue collar worker who was able to retire at 47 yrs of age by doing 1 thing.
"never buy above an average price and keep my stops in the money".

Unfortunately I cant share your enthusiasm for Firstgroup. I only trade with the trend based on P&F. This has a little way to go before I can consider this. But good luck though.
Consider IAG. I'll come back to this in a few weeks and we'll see how well that's done..currently 169

6% up since calling this..and rising. Who needs fund managers with Lloyds at 40% and this at 6!:clap: