What trading platform( depth of market-DOM ) for scalpers.

Econ,

Sounds like you are going through the same hoops and concerns that I did a few years ago when I was looking to save commissions over IB s. I think that as Bootsy says if you haven't got a 100k ac where TT s $800 ish a month is a small percentage, then there is no one broker that fits all. The Ironbeam issue you found is the main reason I am still with Dorman despite the patchy poor CS.

The one thing for me that is a must is Sierra Chart, back 10 years ago it had the reputation of being cheap and cheerful and I paid the extra for esignal. 4 years ago as a result of a post on here I took another look, and was amazed the progress was superb but it's still cheap!! If you trade off charts then the chart trade function is excellent.

Thanks for your recommendation! More research is telling me that there is no difference for futures brokers. For eg, dorman & optimus both state that your account funds r held as “Customer Segregated”. This segregated account structure protects you from suffering a loss, should your broker or clearing firm file for bankruptcy." "but there is no level of regulation or other safeguards that can 100% protect an investor in the case of fraud or other inappropriate activity."

Of course this just means that you should diversify with 2 or more brokers. International clients of MF Global took 2+ years to get their funds back.

https://www.dormantrading.com/about-us/safety-of-funds/
http://support.optimusfutures.com/customer/portal/articles/757975-is-my-money-safe-

TT's $800/$100,000 is close to 1%. That's pretty ex if you ask me. I found some brokers offering the TT platform at reduced costs. Optimus seems to offer this. Have not demo-ed though.

Thanks for your recommendation! More research is telling me that there is no difference for futures brokers. For eg, dorman & optimus both state that your account funds r held as “Customer Segregated”. This segregated account structure protects you from suffering a loss, should your broker or clearing firm file for bankruptcy." "but there is no level of regulation or other safeguards that can 100% protect an investor in the case of fraud or other inappropriate activity."

Of course this just means that you should diversify with 2 or more brokers. International clients of MF Global took 2+ years to get their funds back.

https://www.dormantrading.com/about-us/safety-of-funds/
http://support.optimusfutures.com/customer/portal/articles/757975-is-my-money-safe-

TT's $800/$100,000 is close to 1%. That's pretty ex if you ask me. I found some brokers offering the TT platform at reduced costs. Optimus seems to offer this. Have not demo-ed though.

If you have a 100k acct the point is that your lot size means your earnings are going to render TT costs irrelevant. If you risk 0.5% of your bank on every trade that is $500 risk. No idea what your win ratio + trade frequency+ average stop + average profit is but safe to say that $800 pcm would be chicken feed if you're pulling in $2k profits per day. Get my point?

If you want the best order entry platform then you have to pay for it.You asked for a recommendation. I recommended the best. You also said you were a scalper. TT is the best for that. Except you're not a scalper and trade off charts. So why use a DOM?

R.e. segregated accts-don't believe the hype. Accts are segregated until the day you find out that they aren't. I believe MF Global accts were supposed to be segregated. Didn't stop them did it. At least in that respect Interactive Brokers seem to be better than most.

Forgot to say if you have the A/C size I hear good reports of Advantage Futures, not followed up for a while might be worth a look

I use Jigsaw for the Depth of Sales. It is standalone or hooks up to some brokers via their software or via Ninjatrader (among a few). It accepts a number of data feeds.

Quantower platform has good and professional Depth of Market. With Rithmic feed you can see the full depth
dom-trader-volume-profile.gif

Added two new columns called Last Bid & Ask Trades to the DOM Trader panel which shows the recently traded volume for both Bid and Ask separately at the current trading price. One of the main features of these columns is that when several trades executed at the same price, the cell will show cumulative volume. As soon as the price changes and trades are executed at the new price, the data will be written to the new cell and will also accumulate. At the same time, the values at the previous price will remain visible. Thanks to this, you will be able to see absorption or exhaustion at important support and resistance levels, or assess who dominates the market, buyers or sellers.

1587734625785.png