What sort of partner should you marry ?

NVP

Legendary member
37,730 2,083
Some very good points above.
I am having problems with my present relationship.
I like to walk my dog around Cornwall and Devon. I used to invite her to come too BUT
she likes to walk much further and faster. Now this has become a major problem. I don't like the walk to turn into a race. I like to meander along enjoying the countryside. What's worse she is disappearing into the distance with my dog. Arriving back at the car some considerable time later ! AAAAAAH. Might seem trivial to others but it ruins the walk.
Time for a change of partner.

seriously ? ......jees picky

wmram

47 17
Most long term relationships between mature adults are intimate friendships. Find someone that likes spending time with you even when you're just sitting around doing nothing in particular. Stay away from moody introverted people.

Reactions: Pat494

alan5616

Established member
855 136
Most long term relationships between mature adults are intimate friendships. Find someone that likes spending time with you even when you're just sitting around doing nothing in particular. Stay away from moody introverted people.
My advice is to stay away from extrovert women that, always, want to be the centre of attention. They will cause you a lot of heartache. However, if I hadn't married one, I wouldn't have the wonderful son, and two lovely grandsons, that I have now. We have all forgotten that she ever existed. :giggle:

Reactions: Pat494

Douglas Johnson

6 4
I myself am an introvert and I am against discrimination)) Okay, let's be serious for a minute. No piece of advice about finding your other half will work as well as your personal experience and intuition. Even if it doesn't work right away. I met my wife in a chat for numerologists arguing about sunsigns 811 meaning. We started with this topic and it turned out that we have enough in common. We are both introverts and prefer computer and remote work. Someone may say that they would rather die than live such a life, but both of us are comfortable both alone with ourselves and together. As I said, there are no equal recipes for happiness.

wmram

47 17
Nothing wrong with introverts. I am very much an introvert, but the combination of moody and introvert changes things. It tends to put you in a situation wherein you are walking on eggshells; very difficult to sustain a long term relationship with someone when you are constantly afraid of saying or doing the wrong at the wrong time. The only chance that you have of making something like that work is if you have someone that is willing to talk ( about everything , anytime). Something that introverts don't tend to do. I do understand that there are some introverts that are good about bringing things up when something needs to be brought up, but that's not the norm.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,622 1,578
Get yerself a doggie. Much less expensive and troublesome. Always pleased to see you. Takes one for walkies twice a day too. No nagging.
What more could you ask ?

Reactions: Atilla and alan5616

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock