What motivates you?

hi1234567

What keeps you trading through the ups and down's? And how are you guys able to focus on the other activities like work?
I'm a uni student and I'm losing interest in school work because of trading =/

What keeps you trading through the ups and down's? And how are you guys able to focus on the other activities like work?

I'd get bored.....what else is there to do ? ;)

N

A common misconception that one leads to the other.

Indeed.... I know some traders who've undoubtedly 'made it' financially but are , in terms of their state of mind, not 'free' at all; their means of income is totally uncertain, it's glossy gambling at the end of the day, and for many the 'freedom' they think trading will give them ...doesn't exist.

Just paraphrasing what others have told me, lots of people with mental disorders,perfectionism, lack of confidence flock to trading as 'it's a well paid easy job were I can avoid the stress, responsibility and reality of the working world'.

:cheesy:

Certainly I agree - one does not lead to the other.

But the former can help in achieving the latter, depending upon one's mindset and what one does with it.

Depends how you define "freedom".....

Having millions in the bank is not a prerequisite to being "free". If you want to live free you can go do it now with very little money to your name. The only reason one would need money to be "free" is to afford the shackles which people work for and if that's what you're after "freedom" is something you'll never really attain.

Depends how you define "freedom".....

Having millions in the bank is not a prerequisite to being "free". If you want to live free you can go do it now with very little money to your name. The only reason one would need money to be "free" is to afford the shackles which people work for and if that's what you're after "freedom" is something you'll never really attain.

We're probably talking about different things.

Some do it for the love of the game and the intellectual challenge.

Great artists paint because they love painting, great musicians play and write music because they enjoy it. Hopefully then the money will follow.

I do not mix trading with other work. I make separate them and understand both are necessary but there should be limit as well.

I get a kick out of playing fx. i also love the scent of the money hence i want to do well in this.

my wifes credit card bill...........

Reactions: 212