What Is Your Favourite Trading Strategy ..??

some trendlines
1 hr chart
1 day chart
1 20 day SMA
1 40 day SMA

are they flat..? are they pointing upwards ? or downwards ?

wait for a trend to form - long or short - then jump on ..!!

stick with (on that daily chart) from anything from a few days to say 6 WEEKS plus - !! and " hopefully " rake off BIG points.....
If its a SB, just need to use a couple of quid and you can turn that into 000s if you stick with the trade long enough ..!!
Look at Gold - (4/9/07) bout 674.00 - now about 1000.0 plus -
that kind of trading is probably a bit boring for most people, but can be kinda good tho -

(oh and as long as the stop is in the CORRECT place) .. !!

Simpleton........

some trendlines
1 hr chart
1 day chart
1 20 day SMA
1 40 day SMA

are they flat..? are they pointing upwards ? or downwards ?

wait for a trend to form - long or short - then jump on ..!!
stick with (on that daily chart) from anything from a few days to say 6 WEEKS plus - !! and " hopefully " rake off BIG points.....
If its a SB, just need to use a couple of quid and you can turn that into 000s if you stick with the trade long enough ..!!
Look at Gold - (4/9/07) bout 674.00 - now about 1000.0 plus -
that kind of trading is probably a bit boring for most people, but can be kinda good tho -

(oh and as long as the stop is in the CORRECT place) .. !!

Some of the simplest ideas are the best..... keep spreading the word RT. :)

MidTerm Trends

Daily Chart Breakouts,

Support or Resistence level +/- 0.5% to verify the breakout. Then ride and manage according to your money management style.

Personally I like trading opens and trading pairs. I swing and scalp the pairs depending on the companies and the market.

Yeah I'm a pair trader aswell. The relationship of 2 correlated stocks is more predicatable than the outright direction of a stock and results have a low correlation to the market.

1 (Daily Chart, 65ema/260sma crosses)
2 (Daily chart, "Front Runners")

1 LongTerm Long side only.
2 Front Runners YTD outperformers crossing the index

2 EX: MCD vs DJIA
When MCD crosses DJIA on a YTD compare I'm in. Keep the winners dump the losers of an index. Instant outperformer every year.

With all the craziness that we call the markets I've been asking aorund recently to try and find out whats been working.

Most of the feedback Im getting is the ShortTerm traders are winning but one Longterm trader I know has showed me a pretty good return of his Weekly Pivots Contrairian for you longer term traders. With a rebalance allocation every monday based on your new pivots hold/Allocations. With these extreme VIX there's been numerous trading opportunities (S1-R2, Back to Pvt, etc...) during the week and it seems to have been working, even in this crazy environment.

Allocation
R2 hold 10%
R1 hold 30%
Pvt hold 50%
S1 hold 70%
S2 hold 90%
S3 hold 100%

Last edited:
i like to use 50% retracements when they are moving fast. and you can play it every day if you just look around to see the movement.

My favorite entry signal is to use Person's Pivots on the TOS platform, combined with a Williams Percent R indicator. When both flash a buy signal, I buy (or sell, when both show a sell signal).

My favorite entry signal is to use Person's Pivots on the TOS platform, combined with a Williams Percent R indicator. When both flash a buy signal, I buy (or sell, when both show a sell signal).

Pavlik,

Where are you using the Person's Pivot?
How easily is this done if you work full time?

thanks in advance...

Nit.Noi

Pavlik,

Where are you using the Person's Pivot?
How easily is this done if you work full time?

thanks in advance...

Nit.Noi

The Person's Pivots and Person's PPS studies are proprietary studies by John Person. As far as I know, they are available exclusively on Thinkorswim, on the desktop platform, meaning you can't access them on the web based trading platform or on any of the mobile platforms. The PPS uses arrows to give buy and sell signals on stocks, on pretty much all timeframes. You can use PPS or Person's Pivots, which shows support and resistance levels. I ususally use the PPS in conjunction with a Williams Percent R study, and when both show buy signals I will buy the stock. However, I haven't been doing this for very long, and haven't back tested it yet to see how effective it might be. I use both indicators on a daily chart.

The system is pretty easy to use even if you work full time, because your goal is to catch the beginning of what will hopefully be a relatively decent uptrend. You can see which stocks show a buy signal buy looking after hours, then enter limit orders for the next day.

It's important to test how well this system would work in a choppy market. In a trending market, the buy and sell signals seem to be pretty reliable, but with PPS you can get a lot of buy signals followed very shortly by sell signals if the market is choppy.

Paul

The Person's Pivots and Person's PPS studies are proprietary studies by John Person. As far as I know, they are available exclusively on Thinkorswim, on the desktop platform, meaning you can't access them on the web based trading platform or on any of the mobile platforms. The PPS uses arrows to give buy and sell signals on stocks, on pretty much all timeframes. You can use PPS or Person's Pivots, which shows support and resistance levels. I ususally use the PPS in conjunction with a Williams Percent R study, and when both show buy signals I will buy the stock. However, I haven't been doing this for very long, and haven't back tested it yet to see how effective it might be. I use both indicators on a daily chart.

The system is pretty easy to use even if you work full time, because your goal is to catch the beginning of what will hopefully be a relatively decent uptrend. You can see which stocks show a buy signal buy looking after hours, then enter limit orders for the next day.

It's important to test how well this system would work in a choppy market. In a trending market, the buy and sell signals seem to be pretty reliable, but with PPS you can get a lot of buy signals followed very shortly by sell signals if the market is choppy.

Paul

Paul - will you be testing this out in the near future? If so, i would like to know how it turns out for you.

john

My favourite trading strategy is...just listening.

I'm amused that "favourite" was tagged as a misspelling as I typed this. Are allowances not made for the UK posters? I'm a Yank, myself, but I'm glad to be an Anglophile. I grew up listening to The Goon Show, can sing any number of Noel Coward songs, and can recite Dylan Thomas poems passably.

QI is the greatest quiz show ever. The American radio comedian and satirist Fred Allen once referred to quiz shows as "chewing gum for the eyes", but I'm pretty sure he would like QI too.

My favourite trading strategy is...just listening.

I'm amused that "favourite" was tagged as a misspelling as I typed this. Are allowances not made for the UK posters? I'm a Yank, myself, but I'm glad to be an Anglophile. I grew up listening to The Goon Show, can sing any number of Noel Coward songs, and can recite Dylan Thomas poems passably.

QI is the greatest quiz show ever. The American radio comedian and satirist Fred Allen once referred to quiz shows as "chewing gum for the eyes", but I'm pretty sure he would like QI too.

You can normally set your spell checker to different settings. For example, mine is the firefox one, and you can have English (UK), English (USA), Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil) etc.

Normally,I use combination of technical indicators such as MACD,slow stochastic, RSI,Moving average to pick the stock I want. I like to trade stocks with support and resistance, or the stock with MACD and Slow Stochastic Divergence.