What is the best training program for someone brand new to futures?

Squall

I was wondering if there was any kind of interactive course or anything for someone brand new to futures? I'm not necessarily looking for any trading systems or anything, just something really good to help me learn the ropes of futures trading. Any input is very appreciated! Thanks!

I traded forex for about a year and did alright, but I don't like the market, it is too shady for my liking....and I just want to make sure I get all the intricacies of the futures market down (all the terminology, and differences, regulations, etc).

Squall said:
I was wondering if there was any kind of interactive course or anything for someone brand new to futures? I'm not necessarily looking for any trading systems or anything, just something really good to help me learn the ropes of futures trading. Any input is very appreciated! Thanks!

I traded forex for about a year and did alright, but I don't like the market, it is too shady for my liking....and I just want to make sure I get all the intricacies of the futures market down (all the terminology, and differences, regulations, etc).
maybe worth a look ,free, not for everyone lots of screen watching.

http://www.woodiescciclub.com/charts/mainroom.htm

Futures edication

Squall said:

==ck out www.vtuniversity.com

We are trading the S&P e-mini futures. They trade a lot of contracts, have good price movement and are traded strictly electronically. Check out www.tmitchell.com. His website specializes in that. We have studied with him for about a month after floundering around on our own for about 2 years and are making great progress. Good Luck

CAREFUL - excercise caution and beware of snakeoil salesmen and grail vendors. The people on this site will help out. Read the Knowledge lab articles for starters at the top of this page.

Squall said:

With a question phrased that way, the vendors are going to be all over you like ducks on a june bug :)

Try the CME site first. They have loads of material and will provide you with the type of information you've asked for above: http://www.cme.com/

As for trading futures, that's another matter.

Db