What is the best technical analysis tool?

Lines!
Trend lines and support and resistance lines.
Occasionally throw in a bband or MACD indicator with them for some perspective.

Peter

Price action, but as far as indicators are concerned, I am in for The Ichimoku and
the 20 EMA.
Giovan

geometric angles is the best ! (trend lines) drawen in 360 structure,,,

if anyone is using MA crossovers can you tell me when the trigger should be pulled? If you are eyeballing a chart should it actually cross over for x periods to confirm or can you dive in on the basis that it 'will' cross?

if anyone is using MA crossovers can you tell me when the trigger should be pulled? If you are eyeballing a chart should it actually cross over for x periods to confirm or can you dive in on the basis that it 'will' cross?

Hopefully you've backtested this pear, as its rather an odd entry...but that withstanding, your entry should be on the cross itself, as that's how any backtested results would have been based on.
My experience though of MA crosses, other than being such a late indication is that the price almost always retraces almost immediately after the cross, before continuing in that direction, so perhaps you could wait for a retrace, and then buy/sell the breakout. A much better strategy.
that would be my advice; followed swiftly with ditching the MA crossover