What is the best SB company to use for Stocks?

Andrewt84

Hi Guys

Please can you let me know what SB company is best to for stocks?

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Guys

Cheers
Andrew

probably IG, they offer more of them and offer longer term contracts (with a higher spread) to negate the overnight financing from the cash markets. Very few others off this. Their spreads are generally very good also
Hope this helps. I don't like them personally, but that's beside the point

Hi Guys

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew

It depends on what you want. If you are in learning curve i would recommend ggmarkets if you are professional trader then IG.

ggmarkets used to allow below 1 pound bet, not sure if they still do.

JT

Hi Andrew

It depends on what you want. If you are in learning curve i would recommend ggmarkets if you are professional trader then IG.

ggmarkets used to allow below 1 pound bet, not sure if they still do.

JT

second that, I forgot them. their spreads are very questionable sometimes but a really good way of adjusting the margin so you can hold onto them just like shares with no time limit at all

Can anyone recommend a brokers platform that I can set up a template and use for each stock in ftse100 and shortcut scroll through each chart by press of buttons so I can quickly scan them at end of day.... preferably spreadbet or cfd, thanks.

Have not looked at ftse charts for years until other day and see some of them are beautifull for daytrading.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a brokers platform that I can set up a template and use for each stock in ftse100 and shortcut scroll through each chart by press of buttons so I can quickly scan them at end of day.... preferably spreadbet or cfd, thanks.

Have not looked at ftse charts for years until other day and see some of them are beautifull for daytrading.

I’m not aware of many brokers that offer charts in that much depth, however there are a lot of charting packages and/or companies that you could use alongside a broker. I personally use an alpha terminal which is extremely in depth and detailed, maybe too much for what I need. But you can do many things with the charts, stocks, news etc and I use this alongside my brokers CFD platform.
I haven’t done a huge amount of research in trying to find broker that offers the same charting packages as alpha but this system has worked for me for a while now so I won’t be looking just yet.
Hope that helps

I started out with GFT for uk stocks after a great period demoing with them. Different story live trading with them. Had some very weird experiences with them. stop losses jumping on charts closing trades, closing positions in profit, but debiting my account. Rang dealing desk one morning to sort a problem, and guy was heavy breathing, playing some computer game and eating!!

Moved to city index, what a difference, solid platforms, fast execution, and 50 p a point (scaled bets on big stocks like APPLE - 6p a point) compared to GFT which is £1 a point for everything

I still keep live account with GFT to use their charts. Can cycle through with arrow keys on quote board without opening a new chart for each company , which is what Luds is asking I think.

I chart using GFT and trade with City Index, good combo in my opinion

Think IG and CI are same company, IG is more pro trader with bigger minimum stakes etc, and binarys

I started out with GFT for uk stocks after a great period demoing with them. Different story live trading with them. Had some very weird experiences with them. stop losses jumping on charts closing trades, closing positions in profit, but debiting my account. Rang dealing desk one morning to sort a problem, and guy was heavy breathing, playing some computer game and eating!!

Moved to city index, what a difference, solid platforms, fast execution, and 50 p a point (scaled bets on big stocks like APPLE - 6p a point) compared to GFT which is £1 a point for everything

I still keep live account with GFT to use their charts. Can cycle through with arrow keys on quote board without opening a new chart for each company , which is what Luds is asking I think.

I chart using GFT and trade with City Index, good combo in my opinion

Think IG and CI are same company, IG is more pro trader with bigger minimum stakes etc, and binarys

I’ve used both GFT and IG in the past, in fact I’m still using IG now as I personally didn’t particularly like the GFT platform. I found it very busy, congested and somewhat confusing! The thing I like about the IG platform is the ease and simplicity of the platform. I haven’t had many issues with false markets move, spikes (both up and down) or anything like that.

I haven’t used City Index personally for a long so couldn’t give a comparison between then and IG, but I am a creature of comfort and for me that is the IG platform. All I have to do now is pick some more winning trades – which I’m finding easier said than done lately!!

If you haven’t used IG before, and are open to other platforms, then I’d certainly recommended having a play on their demo account. I think you get a couple of weeks, which should be more than enough time.

Happy trading!