What is price action (to you?)

twalker said:
Price + momentum break = signal

Getting in is, of course, the easy bit. It is all about sizing and exits IMO

I didn't believe that, but I think it's true. I think it's Joe Ross who said that all entries are stupid,
just know how you are going to get out of trades that are not going well.

Split

Cheers all,

Chrisw, I see your point but how do you go about finding minimal risk, high probability trades from just that? At least with MA's I can come up with a solid plan I can test and prove as the signals are there, whereas by that chart I can see numerous times I'd have entered only for it to reverse on me immediately.

Splitlink said:
I didn't believe that, but I think it's true. I think it's Joe Ross who said that all entries are stupid,
just know how you are going to get out of trades that are not going well.

Split

On the other hand, if one doesn't take care with entries, he's going to end up in a lot of trades that "are not going well".

It is extremely difficult for many people to do size unless they are supremely confident in their entries. And since nailing the entry is relatively simple, there's no justification for jumping in heedlessly.

Db

dbphoenix said:
For those who trade the "Ross hook" simplistically, yes, it's a fair comment. But it hardly applies to all entries everywhere.

Db

:) I'll accept that- from you- but my problems with volume still persist from way back!

Regards

Split

price action is movement of price fueled by buying and selling activity........which is random.........although the price movement each day creates "familiar/repetitive patterns"........springboards, pennants, etc.......it exists each day within a basically familiar framework that with enough observations, can provide high probability yet low risk entry points....or edge.......for instance support resistance.......i have no doubt db can recognize the ones that don't fail....before the s/r point is hit......that is a set of skills acquired thru "enough observations".......the ultimate skills for me is no lines on chart recognizing best opportunities as price action creates them....IMHO

Because a different set of buyers sellers are trading ...just my ignorant opinion...gleaned from mark douglas book....makes sense.....but the randomness does not affect my approach..actually is irrelevant.......as my entry signals are based on enough studies to have confidence in them to do what they promise and when they fail I have the stop loss set where it usually is set....also tested and proven high probability.......... i have confidence in the strategy....emini daytrading only.........forgive the blather.......respectfully

Hi all

I am not too sure if this will be useful, but I find it usefull personally.

I like to trade price itself than to rely so much on indicators etc. Personally, i find the course notes from trend dynamic quite useful. Many times the foundation of plotting lines remain subjective, but the notes at TD explained all. Any traders attended the TD course too?

Regards,
HT

Last edited by a moderator: