What is money? Where does our money come from?

"But the quotation, it says in Exodus, "If thou lend money to any of my people that is poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer. Neither shalt thou lay upon him usury." "

" And therefore, the only people who were allowed to loan were Jews, because they weren't subject to the--even though it's actually the Book of Exodus--but they weren't subject to the same interpretation. So, it was considered immoral."

http://oyc.yale.edu/transcript/1076/econ-252-11

Cryptos are still in their infancy.. fiat currencies are evergreen in my opinion for trading.

fiat currencies are evergreen in my opinion for trading.
If there is one thing fiat currencies most definitively are not, it's 'evergreen'.
They fail. They always fail. & so history repeats ....

It's only because the average lifespan of a given fiat currency exceeds the average adult experience of humans using it that this is not common knowledge, which is fortunate for the bankers enriched by it.

:D

Money in my opinion is confidence. It is a made up concept that requires mass participation. without any ( it can exist with even a tiny bit of confidence ) confidence in the medium it ceases to exist. It exists only in the minds of those that use it fiat or otherwise.

If there is one thing fiat currencies most definitively are not, it's 'evergreen'.
They fail. They always fail. & so history repeats ....

It's only because the average lifespan of a given fiat currency exceeds the average adult experience of humans using it that this is not common knowledge, which is fortunate for the bankers enriched by it.

:D
Yet when it comes to forex trading i bet we can make good sum of money while either shorting them when they fail and make hefty profits when they rise. Cheers!

But i think they gonna give a tough competition to fiat in near future.
You might be right because the era and technology is changing day by day with new innovations like the internet which has changed the history of entire globe so we can expect that the digital coins or assets may replace the entire monetary system or may not..!