What is MetaTrader 4?

anestelen

I heard from a man on the train about MetaTrader4 and that it is a great program. Does anyone have more info about the quality of this program?

you ever heard of Google? :p Your best trading friend/partner bar none...Seriously, if you hear of something that interests you then why not dyor? ;) Here's a link, have a browse around...

http://www.metatrader4.com/

I assume you've already googled it and just want personal experiences. I use it all the time. Not had any problems. Pretty comprehensive to use. Functions are useful eg for quickly measuring heights of candles or distances between highs and lows. Trailing stops work well (although MT4 needs to be running as it's a client-side trailing stop order). Can code it using a simple language so if you can program, then creating your own indicators etc shouldn't be a problem.

The PDA version is a bit buggy, IME. Ended up switching off bug alerts as it was annoying me.

I heard from a man on the train about MetaTrader4 and that it is a great program. Does anyone have more info about the quality of this program?

Metatrader 4 is a trading software designed for use in CFD, Futures and Forex market. Some of it's advantages are as follows:
1. The program uses multiple currencies
2. Increased 128-bit security and user authentication
3. Other applications can be implemented into the software
4. Realtime information and charting for fast/accurate reporting
5. Multi-language user interface

Be great if we get to the stage when you say; "I heard from a man in the pub...!" Instead of nipping out to the bookies to lose 50 quid on the 2:30 at Kempton they can put the 50 quid on the ftse :).....oh...they'll still lose...but they'll add to the liquidity of the markets for the rest of us..ker-ching...:D

BTW your op on MT4/5, 'tis the boll0ks, endex.

With metatrader you can make your very personalised indicators,automated systems and trading tools like sending email alerts and text signals to yourself.Metatrader is free of charge to traders ,its the type of platform which other vendors charge a fortune for.

I find it O K to use for most types of automated strategies.It is better than any platform I have ever used.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Metatrader-sites-info

I would like tell much about Metatrader and How is Brokers use it. And with pleasure share some secrets of it (if moderators will allow it) hehe...