What has worked for me--Wolfe Waves

Is this a Wolfe Wave.....?

Attachments

• eur1.gif
    eur1.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 340
Clam,

Please don't be baited by these folks. We all ask the questions (some with less finesse) as there is more snake oil then medicine in trading. I am pleased that you've found something really cool for your trading and you are, most importantly, making $$$. That's where the rubber really hits the road, so to speak.

Is it a tad suspicious that you've posted to several forms with the same info, yes, and a lot of us that are really serious about trading, will be members on most of the boards out there. So, please don't take this as a slam, as it is not. Just an observation.

I've seen these patterns too, on my own but never formally seen it put together. So, thank you for sharing, and I continue to watch your posts and hope to learn more about what you are doing!

Thanks
FT.

clam61 said:
no problem. i post a lot because quite frankly i am right now obsessed with trading forex. day and night thast all i think about.

so i just post wherever i find discussions.

still trying to figure out how WW works, but am begining to get an idea, spent an hour going thru the threads and very interesting. No often traders part with knowledge for free! so it is nice of you! - what's more a literal interpretation of the bible passage that says "give and ye shall receive tenfold".

Maybe your success is because you "give" :) lol
keep it up

maybe you will receive 100 fold, if you were to put a mini ebook an idiots guide!- LOL

No Comment...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

clam61 said:
i dont know...that would depend if wolfe waves were complete crap as you and silvertip claim them to be.

you dared me to post live trades and i did and now you're eager to learn huh?
Today, 04:49
No Comment...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
tzachi
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2006

Finding point #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is the pm I got back from Clam61:

"nice question....hard to explain. its all in the wolfe manual--and i dont feel like typing the manual
im about to retire from this thread. i dont need to do this anymore.
im offering my copy of hte manual to people if they wish to get it for a discount. its not going to be cheap. brand new it is $3000, but ill sell it for 75% off at $750. let me know"

Back to the Q.:

How do you know if a new peak/valley point is # 2 or just a future # 1? How do you know if this point #2 is a #2 for a bull or bear WW? at this point, how do you know what to look for: a bearish or bullish WW????

If anyone knows and willing to post here the answer WITHOUT a try to sell us the manual, I am sure that it will be greatly apprechiated by all members of the this thread.

Mr.Black said:
Finding point #2

How do you know if a new peak/valley point is # 2 or just a future # 1? How do you know if this point #2 is a #2 for a bull or bear WW? at this point, how do you know what to look for: a bearish or bullish WW????

If anyone knows and willing to post here the answer WITHOUT a try to sell us the manual, I am sure that it will be greatly apprechiated by all members of the this thread.

you can only know it until you spot 3 and 4, and-or 4 meets or fails to meet the conditions below

a) point 2 is a bottom (top)
b) you need to wait for 3 to develop to know you have a potential wave
c) lines 1-3-5 and 2-4 HAVE TO CONVERGE or you have no wave
d) in order to find 4, draw the line 1-3, and make it paralell to 2.....if price touches it or exceeds it you have no wave since it violates point above about convergence, and so you need to start again at a)

if you wish to send me the 750, you are welcome to do so : :cheesy:
otherwise, hope it helps

No Comment.....

No Comment.....

"there is a trader on another site who has just been caught red-handed with "I merely want to discuss this with you" all the while sending a pm offering to impart the manual for a mere 750 bux......it's all in the accent......."

J

No Comment....

pitch67
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2006

wolfe wave manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take care I did have a deal with Clam61 but still waiting the manual.

Will let you know if I finnally got it!

jacinto said:
c) lines 1-3-5 and 2-4 HAVE TO CONVERGE or you have no wave

Hi jacinto, thanks for that explanation. One query though... do you mean line 1-3? As I understand it 5 will often cross above the 1-3 line, and 1-5 would not necessarily converge?

$750 in the post....

peto said:
Hi jacinto, thanks for that explanation. One query though... do you mean line 1-3? As I understand it 5 will often cross above the 1-3 line, and 1-5 would not necessarily converge?

$750 in the post....

no worries mate

line 1-3 extended gives the point where 5 should be (my mistake originally for calling it the 1-3-5 line)

line 2-4 cannot be paralell to 1-3.......should form a wedge type pattern, have a steeper up (down for the bullish pattern) slope than the 1-3 line. if they are paralell they form a channel, and dont converge.

if you draw line 2-4 as a paralell from 3, when you get to 5 (which sometimes crosses 1-3), the space above (below for the bullish case) between that parallel and the 1-3 line is called the sweet spot.

dont know if that answers the question.

j
thanks for the 750...lol

jacinto said:
no worries mate

line 1-3 extended gives the point where 5 should be (my mistake originally for calling it the 1-3-5 line)

line 2-4 cannot be paralell to 1-3.......should form a wedge type pattern, have a steeper up (down for the bullish pattern) slope than the 1-3 line. if they are paralell they form a channel, and dont converge.

if you draw line 2-4 as a paralell from 3, when you get to 5 (which sometimes crosses 1-3), the space above (below for the bullish case) between that parallel and the 1-3 line is called the sweet spot.

dont know if that answers the question.

j
thanks for the 750...lol
Gosh well it answers the first question but raises 2 more, sorry.
a. When I draw line 2 - 4 as a parallel from 3 ( in the bearish case) the space between it and the 1 - 3 line is below the parallel, not above?
b. Assuming I'm right so far and a. relates to a misprint, what is the significance of the 'sweet spot". I'm guessing that 5 should ideally fall somewhere on or between these lines to be valid or to give the best chance of success, i.e. this is where you Short?
c. and Stop above the sweet spot?

oops that was 3 questions. Have to write another cheque.

peto said:
Gosh well it answers the first question but raises 2 more, sorry.
a. When I draw line 2 - 4 as a parallel from 3 ( in the bearish case) the space between it and the 1 - 3 line is below the parallel, not above?
b. Assuming I'm right so far and a. relates to a misprint, what is the significance of the 'sweet spot". I'm guessing that 5 should ideally fall somewhere on or between these lines to be valid or to give the best chance of success, i.e. this is where you Short?
c. and Stop above the sweet spot?

oops that was 3 questions. Have to write another cheque.

ok, well, first question was worth 750 ;)
and you have made 3 questions now. so that means you owe an extra 750x3..... :LOL:

posting chart, will discuss in post below

this is cable, weekly chart. the post below will only be the "academic" discussion of the setup, and not a view that cable will drop.

Short or Long setup?

Jacinto,

Thanks.

So is there a way to know if we looking for a short or long setup just after getting point#3? And how do we know that its a #3 and not a new #2 for the opposit setup?

OK Peto, hope you have your paypal ready,

assuming the above chart is a valid WW (which I personally think is not), lets see what we can get to

Please try to picture step by step
1) points 1 2 and 3 have been identified. currently price is starting to drop, and we suspect this will be a WW.
2) Draw blue line connecting 1-3
3) paralell line 1-3 starting at 2 WHITE line. When forming 4, price cannot get to the white line, otherwise, no wedge, and no convergence. if it touches it, we get a channel, and WW is not valid.
4) price stops where it is pointed, and starts to go back up to test line 1-3. point 5 is there.
5) draw a line connecting 2-4. we have a wedge now.
6) paralell line 2-4 on 3 (red line). Area between red line and blue line 1-3 is the sweet spot. that is where you short
7) when price touches or goes above line 1-3 it forms point 5. In a perfect case, price only touches, and doesnt go through.
In this case, price goes above line 1-3, and through paralell line (red) sweetspot (I dont know if that invalidates the setup, so dont ask :LOL: ).

8) Draw line 1-4 (yellow), that is the target.
9) convergence of blue lines 1-3 and 2-4 signal the target time.....doesnt necessarily happen.

In this case, I think that this is a wave that will fail if it is a wave at all, but then again, it could not. i personally wouldnt trade a setup like this based on a weekly chart, but, well, you never know.

J
ah, and in case you forget, that is 750x3 :cheesy:

Tzachi said:
Jacinto,

Thanks.

So is there a way to know if we looking for a short or long setup just after getting point#3? And how do we know that its a #3 and not a new #2 for the opposit setup?

this chart should answer your questions

2 setups in the same chart

and get your paypal ready too :LOL:

j

jacinto said:
OK Peto, hope you have your paypal ready,

assuming the above chart is a valid WW (which I personally think is not), lets see what we can get to

Please try to picture step by step
1) points 1 2 and 3 have been identified. currently price is starting to drop, and we suspect this will be a WW.
2) Draw blue line connecting 1-3
3) paralell line 1-3 starting at 2 WHITE line. When forming 4, price cannot get to the white line, otherwise, no wedge, and no convergence. if it touches it, we get a channel, and WW is not valid.
4) price stops where it is pointed, and starts to go back up to test line 1-3. point 5 is there.
5) draw a line connecting 2-4. we have a wedge now.
6) paralell line 2-4 on 3 (red line). Area between red line and blue line 1-3 is the sweet spot. that is where you short
7) when price touches or goes above line 1-3 it forms point 5. In a perfect case, price only touches, and doesnt go through.
In this case, price goes above line 1-3, and through paralell line (red) sweetspot (I dont know if that invalidates the setup, so dont ask :LOL: ).

8) Draw line 1-4 (yellow), that is the target.
9) convergence of blue lines 1-3 and 2-4 signal the target time.....doesnt necessarily happen.

In this case, I think that this is a wave that will fail if it is a wave at all, but then again, it could not. i personally wouldnt trade a setup like this based on a weekly chart, but, well, you never know.

J
ah, and in case you forget, that is 750x3 :cheesy:

The mist is clearing....!
Yes thanks jacinto just about got that now. Not sure why you doubt that it is a ww, unless it is because point5 overshot the sweet spot, otherwise understood all thanks.

Babel fish thinks your signature means "To the bull it bushes when together the hands" which I full agree with....:confused:

I have decided to pay you with reputation points: one point = $2250. I'm hard to bribe. :)

The lesson on Gravity is :cheesy:

Jacinto,

Nice chart, but I would say that most that tried to trade that last setup got bit by the Wolfe. I doubt they would have been able to ride the stops that deep in the red to stay with it. Stops set at the channel top taken from the 2 to 4 line projected from the 3 or even set at the top of the penetrating candle would have been wiped out. Will have to wait and see if it plays out

Just my 2 cents, nice post.

Attachments

• gm1.gif
    gm1.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 356
peto said:
The mist is clearing....!
Yes thanks jacinto just about got that now. Not sure why you doubt that it is a ww, unless it is because point5 overshot the sweet spot, otherwise understood all thanks.

Babel fish thinks your signature means "To the bull it bushes when together the hands" which I full agree with....:confused:

I have decided to pay you with reputation points: one point = $2250. I'm hard to bribe. :)

The lesson on Gravity is :cheesy:

thank you very much for payment. down at the pub they do take reputation points as currency :cheesy:

i think this is not a valid wave because i am seeing a bull flag on the weekly.

the signature literally means " kill the bull when the bull aligns the hooves" and it is because that is when it streches the vertebrae and allows the bullfighter to strike the mortal kill in the lungs-heart. :eek:

and you wont get away that easy. if you trade this setup and make money out of it. then when you are down in windsor, buy me a beer. ;)

j

geldmeister said:
Jacinto,

Nice chart, but I would say that most that tried to trade that last setup got bit by the Wolfe. I doubt they would have been able to ride the stops that deep in the red to stay with it. Stops set at the channel top taken from the 2 to 4 line projected from the 3 or even set at the top of the penetrating candle would have been wiped out. Will have to wait and see if it plays out

Just my 2 cents, nice post.

I couldnt agree more.

I used this chart to explain how to spot the pattern, I personally dont think it will work. Bull flag on the weekly, and market is not exactly kind with the buck at the moment.

although, have a look at your swissy chart. only european cross with apparent reversal pattern at bottom, now in apparent continuation pattern at trendline. one never knows if the buck will reverse. lets see if that trendline holds

thank you for your comment

j

well, it seems like somebody is deleting a lot of posts. from 15 pages it is being reduced to 10 as i write. wonder who it is deleting his own posts?