What happened to the automated trading system thread ?

the hare

Title says it all really

One minute its there, vendor being allowed to advertise and break every rule in the book, moderators warning anyone who dared raise concerns, the next its gone ?

I was looking forward to finding out how to make more pips in a day than I currently make in a good month, and now its gone !

I'm devastated

the hare,
Hold on, weren't you one of the one's complaining like mad on the thread itself about it being allowed to stand? Now that the Mods have done exactly as you suggested they should, you're moaning that it's gone! So, are you saying that you made a mistake and that the other members who also questioned the OPs credentials and motives also made a mistake and that the thread should be re-instated?
:confused:
Tim.

the hare,
Hold on, weren't you one of the one's complaining like mad on the thread itself about it being allowed to stand? Now that the Mods have done exactly as you suggested they should, you're moaning that it's gone! So, are you saying that you made a mistake and that the other members who also questioned the OPs credentials and motives also made a mistake and that the thread should be re-instated?
:confused:
Tim.

Why does t2w let those threads go on in the first place? You guys have no idea how much damage you do to yourselves by letting those threads go on and on, and then finally delete them on a whim. There are several others currently running.

Also, how is it that vendors/scammers are allowed to continue posting even after quite a few posts have been removed, links deleted over and over, etc, yet a well respected member, Neil, gets harassed for a link??

Peter

Why does t2w let those threads go on in the first place? You guys have no idea how much damage you do to yourselves by letting those threads go on and on, and then finally delete them on a whim. There are several others currently running.

Also, how is it that vendors/scammers are allowed to continue posting even after quite a few posts have been removed, links deleted over and over, etc, yet a well respected member, Neil, gets harassed for a link??

Peter

Peter

It's a judgement call - if it looks interesting let it go on until it becomes clear that the poster is up to no good. Bit late in the day on this one.

For some of the others you mention, should anyone persist after the edits/deletions they are banned except clear vendoring where they go straight away. Again, a bit dilatory in dealing with the ones I think you have in mind.

Peter

It's a judgement call - if it looks interesting let it go on until it becomes clear that the poster is up to no good. Bit late in the day on this one.

For some of the others you mention, should anyone persist after the edits/deletions they are banned except clear vendoring where they go straight away. Again, a bit dilatory in dealing with the ones I think you have in mind.

If anyone had spent maybe 5 seconds copy and pasting the first post into google all would have been apparent

Instead moderators spent their time harassing the people who where trying to bring this to everyone's attention.

In sure the moderator spent far more time writing his PM to me than it would have taken to verify the reality of what was actually occurring.

In addition to allowing the posts to stand, and deleting dissenting views, you also allowed his signature link, which was in clear breach of the sites current terms and conditions to remain.

You really do shoot yourselves in the foot time after time after time. As I said to the moderator in question, ill have the last laugh, and yes, I am laughing

I would have thought that spotting the bleeding obvious and repeating patterns should be second nature to anyone who spends time staring at a chart, no doubt the t2w conspiracy theorists will draw their own conclusions.

And why I remember, what's the state of play regarding vendors and PMs that Steve promised to look into ?

Why does t2w let those threads go on in the first place?
Hi Peter,
I hear what you're saying, but it's worth reminding everyone that T2W admin' and staff like me have absolutely no say in this at all. It's 100% a matter for the mods, so your lobbying has to be directed at them I'm afraid. Of course, if you want to get stuck in there and tackle these threads yourself - you're very welcome to apply to become a Mod!
;)
Tim.

Hi Peter,
I hear what you're saying, but it's worth reminding everyone that T2W admin' and staff like me have absolutely no say in this at all. It's 100% a matter for the mods, so your lobbying has to be directed at them I'm afraid. Of course, if you want to get stuck in there and tackle these threads yourself - you're very welcome to apply to become a Mod!
;)
Tim.

honestly, no one has the slightest clue anymore who is responsible for what

And lets not forget it was the mods sticking the boot into those members who spent time and effort pointing out the considerable lulz of the situation.

And of course, it was the mods who allowed the URLs in the signature to remain despite crystal clear guidelines that have recently been updated

Why would anyone waste time lobbying the mods on this issue ? Its bleeding obvious what's happening

....................I would have thought that spotting the bleeding obvious and repeating patterns should be second nature to anyone who spends time staring at a chart, no doubt the t2w conspiracy theorists will draw their own conclusions.................

True enough, hare, but we're not eagle eying the thing 24/7 - nor is there time to trawl through hundreds of posts - and often a discussion has taken flight in the meantime. The thing that grabs our attention first is "reported posts" and they are dealt with pretty quickly (as you know - and thanks again for the reports you make). So the easy answer when anyone spots a flyer is to hit that button. Takes but a moment and you'll get the action you want or know the reason why not.

Yeah right !

Ill tell you what you should do, register a multinic, and try looking at this place from a users perspective. You might start to work out how the place operates

Why does t2w let those threads go on in the first place? You guys have no idea how much damage you do to yourselves by letting those threads go on and on, and then finally delete them on a whim.

This.

Exactly this.

You're losing members, and you're not attracting new members, and you're wondering why, and people are telling you why and you're sometimes not hearing them.

There are several others currently running.

Indeed.

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, but to this recent-ish member with a low post-count, it looks seriously weird. Please appreciate that I intend this comment helpfully and not critically!

It's a judgement call

Respectfully, John, might that be why you have these problems? Might it be easier, more consistent, more understandable, less time-consuming and cause fewer complaints all around if it were never a "judgment call" at all, but simply an openly stated policy which is applied equally to all without fear or favour? To an "outsider", some things seem so obvious, but in other forums that kind of thing isn't really a "judgment call", and it perhaps shouldn't be here, either? ... :eek:

(Yes, I know there'll always be the odd exception - just as you know this wasn't really one of them. :) ).

honestly, no one has the slightest clue anymore who is responsible for what
Well the hare, you may be clueless, and clearly are, but I assure you the rest of us know exactly who is responsible for what! As for being "bleeding obvious what's happening", I agree with you. The Mods work tirelessly on a voluntary basis and, on top of their workload, they have to put up with pathetic criticism from you. The only thing that amazes me about the Mods is why they haven't banned you long ago!
:LOL:
Tim.

...............Respectfully, John, might that be why you have these problems? Might it be easier, more consistent, more understandable, less time-consuming and cause fewer complaints all around if it were never a "judgment call" at all, but simply an openly stated policy which is applied equally to all without fear or favour? To an "outsider", some things seem so obvious, but in other forums that kind of thing isn't really a "judgment call", and it perhaps shouldn't be here, either? ... :eek:................

Yes, and it often transpires as things develop that the initial judgement was incorrect. Whilst the site allows vendors to post so long as they declare themselves and do not overtly advertise their services there's always going to be judgement involved relating to "overtly advertising". Often, what seems pretty harmless in terms of "advertising" to start with - particularly when trading things interesting to members are being discussed - gradually picks up steam until it crosses the line.

You could, of course, have a straightforward rule of no vendors, but that would mean that a lot of good content of interest to members would be denied and that the charlatans would start operating even more under the radar than they do now.

That's the general position - it doesn't really apply in this case where the mod action was slow in coming and did not pay sufficient attention to what was going on in the thread. Mea culpa :)

And why I remember, what's the state of play regarding vendors and PMs that Steve promised to look into ?

You gonna sport that vendor badge again and let us know? :smart:

I must say you looked very dashing with it on :LOL:

Peter

Hi Peter,
;)
Tim.

That's exactly what I DO NOT want to do!

Peter

That's exactly what I DO NOT want to do!

Peter

You tell him Wacky. Where's Polly gonna sit if you become a mod

tumblr_ml08vvLiYE1s8g819o1_400.jpg

Any thread's better than no threads, even if it's all complete carp. T2W will be a blank page with a few ads at this rate.

I was just looking at a vendor's profile to find one of his posts and it stated

Current Activity: Private Messaging

But that could just be PM'ing the mods to discuss the most recent banning :rolleyes:

I was just looking at a vendor's profile to find one of his posts and it stated

Current Activity: Private Messaging

But that could just be PM'ing the mods to discuss the most recent banning :rolleyes:

I could send and receive private message when I was a vendor
I have received private messages from vendors
I have sent private messages to vendors
Posts by vendors still contain the private message icon
Quite hilariously, a vendor actually asked me to PM him some info only yesterday !

I think its safe to assume that at least some vendors can use the PM function. Despite a mountain of contradictory evidence, (including receiving a PM from a vendor !) certain parties are still in denial and think the system. Is working perfectly.

Age old question, conspiracy, or **** up ?