Article What Does Your Trading Environment Sound Like?

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,498 115
OK…So, you’re in a trade and you hear a loud voice that sounds suspiciously like your mother say, “… No, don’t do that, you’ll lose!” But, even though the voice resonates in your head, this is in fact the only place that it can be heard; because it’s coming from you. Thoughts are part and parcel to the trading process. There are mechanical thoughts, for example: “…This zone is too tight so let me check the level on another time frame.” These thoughts have to do with the mechanics of your trade, as in your plan, rationale, set-ups, rules, target and stops; to name a few. There are also internal thoughts, for example: “I always screw up with these supply zones and it probably won’t be any different now.” Of course, internal thoughts are about you and your beliefs (limiting or otherwise) concerning money, loss, abilities, confidence, esteem, etc… Internal thoughts and noise can be as loud and arguably more distracting as sounds in the physical environment. And I might add here, that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

darktone

Veteren member
4,016 1,084
We've just published a new T2W article called "What Does Your Trading Environment Sound Like?" by Dr. M. Woodruff Johnson.

Quick Summary: Dr Woody Johnson suggests ways in which "sounds" may influence trading and how to make use of this for better performance.

PS. Don't forget to rate the article after you've read it and share your comments on this thread.
Recently its sounded a lot like this most of the time :LOL:

tomorton

Legendary member
8,400 1,338
You can obtain actual recordings from trading floors if you want to play these in the background while you're trading.
http://www.stockmusic.com/sound_effects/ambiences__public_places/office_ambiences?snd_id=229748

Kind of appropriate that some members might actually want to hear the virtual sound of trading - when they're only making virtual profits anyway........

But I do seem to remember there was a programme that could be bought a few years back that actually increased a trading room soundtrack as market activity showing up on the PC increased. Does anyone recall this or is it my faulty memory?

NVP

Legendary member
37,758 2,100
You can obtain actual recordings from trading floors if you want to play these in the background while you're trading.
http://www.stockmusic.com/sound_effects/ambiences__public_places/office_ambiences?snd_id=229748

Kind of appropriate that some members might actually want to hear the virtual sound of trading - when they're only making virtual profits anyway........

But I do seem to remember there was a programme that could be bought a few years back that actually increased a trading room soundtrack as market activity showing up on the PC increased. Does anyone recall this or is it my faulty memory?

interesting.........prefer classical music myself .......but each to their own ;)

N

CarsonKT

1 0
Interesting topic,
I like to listen to some classical music, but haven't tried it while trading
From tomorrow, maybe :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock