What do you wish you had been told?

"trading gurus can talk so eloquently about rubbish for hours"

That is certainly true.

Let's be honest, being able to talk eloquently and convincingly about all matter of issues is a passport to a more fulfilling life. Witness David Cameron at PMQ yesterday ripping Ed Millipede apart.. being able to think on your feet and ad lib AND have people lap it up.. now THAT is a skill.

Oops one spelling mistake and you are hung! but thanks for the replies as they confirm what I said.

"However, in my opinion the past is the foundation of trading, because it is repeated all day long, every day. It has to be, because a market is simply buying and selling, and that activity creates patterns and "areas" that can help us to make logical trading decisions."

So if 85% of people fail now and we continue to use the past as the foundation of trading then 85% of people will fail in the future as you are not changing anything. Now see what I mean. You have to change as everything you know now fails for nearly everyone.So this is why I wish that I had been told this when I started.

If the majority of traders fail, then you must be on the right track if you're doing something that most other traders are slating you for doing (i.e. what they don't do). Maybe? Something I like to think about.

Thats true and yes I do but not for this thread. So many threads go off their intended route so I have given my thoughts to hopefully generate wider thinking.
Paul

Oops one spelling mistake and you are hung! but thanks for the replies as they confirm what I said.

"However, in my opinion the past is the foundation of trading, because it is repeated all day long, every day. It has to be, because a market is simply buying and selling, and that activity creates patterns and "areas" that can help us to make logical trading decisions."

So if 85% of people fail now and we continue to use the past as the foundation of trading then 85% of people will fail in the future as you are not changing anything. Now see what I mean. You have to change as everything you know now fails for nearly everyone.So this is why I wish that I had been told this when I started.

I think that you have failed to understand my point, and I doubt whether your understanding of what the aim of the small trader should be is the same as mine.

My point is that the majority fail because they refuse to learn the lessons of the past.

Last edited:
Hi Bandit
I do understand, thanks for re enforcement of your point. I believe that I do understand the aims of small, medium and large traders...make money... unless I have this wrong?
Paul

Hi Bandit
I do understand, thanks for re enforcement of your point. I believe that I do understand the aims of small, medium and large traders...make money... unless I have this wrong?
Paul

He was making some excellent points in this thread and you just popped his balloon!

Peter

Hi Bandit
Paul

LOL

I mean how we go about making money. We cannot influence the market, because we are too small. I therefore see my aim as following the flow of money that is influencing the market.

These flows make the same patterns and occur at the same areas (types of areas) day in, day out, always have and always will. So I use history to help me piggy back on these moves.

This doesn't change because it can't change. Market action of a certain type leaves a certain footprint. I just to have to apply this knowledge and be right more than, or to a greater extent than, I am wrong.

Your theory is flawed.

Do you play chess?

He was making some excellent points in this thread and you just popped his balloon!

Peter

Listen mother f***er, ain't nobody poppin no f***in' balloons a mine. All I got in this world is my word and my balloons, and I don't break em for nobody.

bandit I was just commenting on what I wished I had been told when I started. Everybody has different things to say and is because of their own experiences that it sticks in their mind.I realise what I am saying totally blows out conventional thinking hence some interesting comments. No we cannot influence the markets and never will as individual traders but I believe that the markets don't act the way we are told and the way we think, that's all. Each to their own opinion but it has served me well since i changed my thinking
Paul

bandit I was just commenting on what I wished I had been told when I started. Everybody has different things to say and is because of their own experiences that it sticks in their mind.I realise what I am saying totally blows out conventional thinking hence some interesting comments. No we cannot influence the markets and never will as individual traders but I believe that the markets don't act the way we are told and the way we think, that's all. Each to their own opinion but it has served me well since i changed my thinking
Paul

I agree with this.

Neil
please dont advertise on this site it is against the rules. I dont need you or anyones help to advertise on this site or anywhere else. I have plenty of customers so dont need any help from you. My posts are on my thinking and my experiences on trade2win not touting for business. All my posts have been like this and give hopefully opinion and thought, never advertising, so stop trying to rake me through the mud for no reason. You even got the wrong website. Im british so its .co.uk thank you. I am a registered vendor and declare this, ***********************************************************************************Removed angry blurb ****************************Please do not refer to this again.

Last edited:
Neil
please dont advertise on this site it is against the rules. I dont need you or anyones help to advertise on this site or anywhere else. I have plenty of customers so dont need any help from you. My posts are on my thinking and my experiences on trade2win not touting for business. All my posts have been like this and give hopefully opinion and thought, never advertising, so stop trying to rake me through the mud for no reason. You even got the wrong website. Im british so its .co.uk thank you. I am a registered vendor and declare this, and I do have a great method and it makes money and its different to all the crap you normally get maybe thats why my customers make money. But I never use this to advertise. Please do not refer to this again.

Good sales pitch

Please forker leave it rest there isnt even a buy button on my site.

Bandit at last we agree on something. To each his own, cheers Im bowing out as its getting stupid but not from you
Paul