What do you guys net per day on average?

You keep averaging up/down until your account disappears. Then, when you realise what a silly thing you have done - you never do it again:whistling

On a more serious note:

RUPERT - read the thread by Timsk :
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-first-steps.html

Thanks Neil. I actually knew the answer to the question...But was hoping for an interesting response from the O.P about how his strategy is in fact the holy grail to trading and we've all been doing it wrong using stops etc.

I guess with an unlimited pot size this strategy would probably work as long as you don’t bet too big, but then I don’t think O.P’s pot size is anywhere near unlimited or he would be posting here in the 1st place.

I bet he's a full time trader, unlike me , who still spend my time on my business. The basic thing for you to earn that big, is to practice much with demo account, until you are able to minimize the lost. If you still new to the Forex, you might learn from Youtube, it has plenty of training videos for you. My suggestion, learn with candlestick as it is much easier to learn.

Happy trading.

Right, I'm all about the candlesticks. Been practicing. I figure 3 years from now I should be decent.

What happens if the position keeps going against you? Do you continue adding? What if its 10% against you, do you close?

Like I said, I average down until I get cleared out. I'm only practice account so it's a good way to make my bad calls really sting enough to teach me a lesson. Once you max out your margin you can only lose a few pips before the position automatically liquidates.

Obviously if this was a real account I would never go 100% deep into margin.

Last edited:
Thanks Neil. I actually knew the answer to the question...But was hoping for an interesting response from the O.P about how his strategy is in fact the holy grail to trading and we've all been doing it wrong using stops etc.

I guess with an unlimited pot size this strategy would probably work as long as you don’t bet too big, but then I don’t think O.P’s pot size is anywhere near unlimited or he would be posting here in the 1st place.

:LOL:

You're doing it wrong it you need to set stops.

If you're not right you're wrong.

The reasons we have to make strategies is because traders are wrong so frequently.

Like I said, I average down until I get cleared out. I'm only practice account so it's a good way to make my bad calls really sting enough to teach me a lesson. Once you max out your margin you can only lose a few pips before the position automatically liquidates.

Obviously if this was a real account I would never go 100% deep into margin.

You're using a practice account? :LOL:

I make small pips daily I can not get high profits .. I try to gain 1 to 2 percent of my capital as net. I withdraw my profit instantly . I do not think that as a new trader one can get more than5& daily profit.

I'm new to the forex but generally I net between .05-1.5% each day using a very simple strategy.

Anyone willing to share their average?

Hi Mr Crabs
I havent started seriously trading just yet, but I have done a lot of "experimentation and research" , and I'm hoping to trade seriously very shortly.

I am intending to day Trade the FTSE and DJI30 Indices rather than Forex. Do you think your stategy would work with this too ?

Also generally speaking do you see Forex as a more reliable trading technique than other methods ?
Sorry I haven't answered your question.