What are your favourite currency pairs?

Aug 19, 2018
they do have different personalities.....dependent on the pair / mix

EUR USD is a solid and fairly steady pair as both currencies display that personality......some currencies are more volatile than these guys and display different correlation behaviours

I will trade EU most London open mornings if its looking favourable (a few chances this morning for example to sell EU) .....my other favourite is Cable in the London morning session

once NY opens its "game" on as theres a lot more movement on the G8 .....happy to hit most usd crosses then

N
The other great thing about EUR/USD is that it has the smallest spread out of all currency pairs and it's quite volatile, so it's very useful if you want to scalp.

hatemypips

Nov 11, 2014
Most popular pairs are USDJPY and EURUSD, I saw a lot of trading robots built for them.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I watch
Aud/….
Eur/…
Gbp/…
Usd/…
gold

They keep me busy without too many nasty shocks. Down Donald......bad dog !

:LOL:

NVP

Jun 21, 2004
west sussex, UK
fxcorrelator.com
trading is about making money .........and like any business you have to streamline costs ....

spreads are an expensive but necessary cost of doing business in trading and thats why i avoid a lot of exotics and other markets .........they cost a fortune to trade ....win or lose ......so its a no win situation

every small % edge helps in trading .....Euro pairs and USD pairs are cheapest spreads generally ....so i will stick on those mainly - unless i really see a G8 pairing i like and am going for more of a positional trade on higher TFs ....spread costs do scale down at these levels .....

N

Smurai

Oct 24, 2018
The other great thing about EUR/USD is that it has the smallest spread out of all currency pairs and it's quite volatile, so it's very useful if you want to scalp.
yes spreads of EUR/USD are lowest among all currency pairs and also is the most liquid pair.