Avoid Major Correlations

padam

:?: I have a question for the Forex currency pros. I was looking to find currency pairs that were the farthest apart in correlation. Right now I trade Gbp/Usd, Usd/Cad, Eur/Jpy.
I also know Nzd/Usd has the farthest correlation from most of the majors. I just wanted to ask does anybody have any more input on currency pairs that are not hedgers. For example : Eur/Usd- Usd/Jpy or Gbp/Usd – Usd/Chf.

Have you tried creating strategies on correlated pairs that when compared are not correlated?

And she sells seas shells on the sea shore.

YF

YachtFund said:
Have you tried creating strategies on correlated pairs that when compared are not correlated?

And she sells seas shells on the sea shore.

YF

YachtFund, you beat me to it, that was going to be my suggestion. It's the basis for our portfolios, as well. It's interesting to see how they react in different market conditions.

T2

Yes, I trade currency pairs such as GBP/USD- USD/CAD recent 100 hour correlation is (-76) I just want some pointer from the experienced forex trader on the peculiar correlations
You know “a road already travel but you can look there if you want”. So if you have a strategy ‘hit me up’.

I included a comparison chart.

Attachments

• gbpcorrelation.GIF
    gbpcorrelation.GIF
    43.5 KB · Views: 262