What are some good short selling systems? Books?

Hey,

I'm putting in a lot of research and effort in learning about and testing different short selling strategies/systems. There aren't many good books on the subject. I'm specifically looking for strategies that you can scan stocks for. My time period is days to weeks, even months. I'm more of a swing and position trader.

I'd like to hear systems that have worked well for you specifically on the short side. Or suggested books on the subject. With the bull market we've had I've been mostly trading long only but starting to feel it's time to get the short side fine tuned. Also to implement within a market neutral strategy where there's a long and short position using the same system.

Thomas Carr's market neutral trading got me going on this. It's a good read. I'll be testing the mean reversion strategy this week. I'm also particularly interested in testing short plays using Heiken Ashi with parabolic SARs or moving averages. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance! :clap:

BTW two books on short selling I've read are How to Make Money Selling Stocks Short and Trader Vic. Those are good, but for the time being I'm looking for something more mechanical/technical, til we're in a confirmed downtrend.

Alex Elder's done a book on it, I'm a fan of his books. However, I see few differences between long and short even on single stocks.