Weekly Parameters & Test Trades

The above post The short ended a break-even trade.

New short at 1.3610 if 1.3626 is hit go long with a stop at 1.3572.

To date on 3 trade 65 points profit

Where are you TV I thought you was going to give signals alongside me

CJ

Even if you only give a little us 5 pound this will buy a Supply 100L of purifified water

Give over the phone by ringing 08705 125 125 or on line payment http://www.redcross.org.uk/Campaign.asp?ID=38543

CJ,

thanks for the update. Too bad VT isn't around anymore. I found his input on Trading very interesting.

d

DWT1020

Agree, we had a gentleman agreement that My simple method and his complex method, see how they do against each other.Thats the reason im doing this, to test complex against simple. Come on TV come back to this thread and post you trades. maybe he on holiday I think he be back.

To update the EUR.USD trade stop now at 1,3626 if hit . Also if we hit, 13544 first move stop to 1.3586 but revers and go long at this level should find more strength but 1.2544 needs to be hit first

on the last break-even trade we could have had 30 to 40 points, and on this trade we could have had the same, but im trying to catch the big swings.

CJ

Got filled on the long at 1.3626 nice run up but decided to revers again and go short at the same level, so we now short from 1,3626, stop 50 ticks. We are lucky we not getting any losses in the sideways market.…I have decided to put a target on this trade at 1,3582

Thats why maybe TV not giving signals he can see the sideways action before it us.

Update as of writing this price 1,3623
CJ

Update

Target hit at 1.3585 for 44 points.disappointing Week sideways action. There was no trend to be found,Although as of writing this the EUR/USD is trading at 1.3531. But I had decided to place a target. As it's the new year. Start fresh. After the new year.

On 3 trades since I challenge TV on my kiss method to his complex method, I have made

109 point profit on 3 trades. on the EUR.USD

Everyone have a Happy New Year

CJ

CJ

Thanks for the update.. congrates on the profits and I guess by default you are the winner..:)

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this what happen on this trade and hope you don't mind my asking..
You went short at 1.3623.. the market then dropped to within a few pips of your target, then went back up and almost touched the prior high, then dropped back down and hit your target..? If this is true, why didn't you exit at break even when it retraced looking to re-enter at a higher or different level?

For you the KISS method is easy. But then golf is easy for the pros too.. hit it in the fairway, hit it on the green, two putt for par.. But that doesn't fully explain the whole story and it isn't that easy to execute... Would you mind sharing with the board the fundamentals and dynamics of your KISS method..

thanks in advance and have a happy and profitable new year..

d

cj12,
Just for clarification, you have returned 109pips for a risk of 150pips, on a 3 trade scenario.
This requires a very high percentage of correct or profitable trades to be profitable based on your numbers. How confident are you in maintaining the current strike rate?

Cheers d998

cj12,

I'm a firm believer in KISS. But I am confused as you say this is a trend following system but it looks more like it is trying to capture reversals, or at least swing reversals regardless of trend. Would this be an accurate statement? Maybe it depends on what timeframe you are using to quantify a trend. Daily trend is definitely UP.

HG

To ducati998

Correct im risking 50 pips on avr although I got out of the last trade for some 44 pips. reason new years eve,holidays.but im looking for 100 to 160 pips move..You ask how confident i am in maintaing the current strike rate, real I don't know, this is just a test,Im made this method up in one hour, To compare kiss to TV more complex method. but it seems he have gone, we see how it goes

sa

Yes, you correct the trend on the daily's is up. But im not looking for 500 to 1000 points gains over a few months.Im looking for smaller gains of 100 to 160 pips. Also I did not say this is a trend following system, All I said is Im trying to capture a trend regardless of the direction of the main trend.

CJ.

cj12 said:
Update I challenge TV to compare his trades to mine. The method im using was made up within 2 hours of an old trending methods I had years back.

Ok CJ, I guess I misinterpretted your statement back here then. I'm sure almost anybody would be extremely happy with gains like that. I hope 2005 treats you well.

HG

CJ

Well.. it appears that VT is not coming back so when will you share your "old trending method", although I must say you were fading the trend on this one.. and had you held on to it till now, you'd be up over 200 pips. As far and as fast as the Eur is dropping now it makes one wonder it that wasn't "THE TOP"..

Looking forward to a continuing dialog and seeing your "old method".. and hope you have a profitable new year..

d

I was going to trade next to TradeVector.But he did not challenge me, although he said he was looking forward to it.

So I see no point in continuing with the thread.

CJ

That's too bad you've decided not to teach your simple method.. I was really looking forward to learning it...
If you change your mind and wish to share your method let us know..

I bet you wish you'd have hung on to that short eur at 136.26 for a few more days..:)

d

Hi Chow

I haven't visited the t2w board in ages. I see you're still trading CJ12's Pivot method. Did he ever reveal the full system?

I had some success with his method on EURUSD and Cable 30 min charts. I must look at it again, maybe in conjuntion with MACD divergences, etc.

Regards

Goober.

ChowClown said:
Hi CJ,

...daily 123 short setup on EUR...using your method?...target area looks a natural swing low before her next northern run:

P1: 3468
P2: 3138
P3: 3441
Entry: 3359
StopLoss: 3442
CriticalPrice: 3276
Target: 3111

Critical Price hit yesterday for +83.

Hi Goober,

....wondered where you got to ;)

I am and no, CJ hasn't posted his full method to T2W, as far as i'm aware.

I was looking at Cable this morning on the daily chart, some Elliott devotees are stalking a top this week and a 123 (short) appears to be taking shape and using CJ's initial calcs:

P1: 9548
P2: 8505
P3: 9323
Entry: 9010
SLoss: 9329 (breakout long of 9323 incs spread)
Critical Point: 8794
Target: 8275

Chow

I tested CJ's system with Slow Stochastic divergences on 60 min charts, which worked well. I must dig up my notes and continue testing.

I had a look at your daily Cable numbers and see where you're coming from. However, I found that 123s work better on 30 and 60 min charts. Looking at your setup, there are too many conflicting pivots within the setup for my liking.

I'll keep in touch with my test results.

Regards

Goober.

ChowClown said:
Hi Goober,

....wondered where you got to ;)

I am and no, CJ hasn't posted his full method to T2W, as far as i'm aware.

I was looking at Cable this morning on the daily chart, some Elliott devotees are stalking a top this week and a 123 (short) appears to be taking shape and using CJ's initial calcs:

P1: 9548
P2: 8505
P3: 9323
Entry: 9010
SLoss: 9329 (breakout long of 9323 incs spread)
Critical Point: 8794
Target: 8275

Goober

I take your point on the conflicting pivots, although conflicts in one TF are often resolved in a higher TF. I've been using stochs on the lower TFs to help with 123 entries, seems reliable but haven't tested formally. I'll keep an eye open for your test results.

BR

Chow

Please see an example of a 123 trade below. This occured late last night. I didn't trade this, however, the charts are a good example of the way I have traded it in the past.

P1 = 9291
P2 = 9243
P3 = 9282
Entry = 9270
Target = 9234
SL = 9283

I look for the setup on the 60 min chart. First, I look for a SS divergence. Then I wait for P1 and P2 to form. The challenge is to identify P3 before the market goes through the Entry, therefore, I switch between the 5 min and 60 min charts once P2 has formed to identify P3. Once P3 has formed, I calculate the numbers and place the orders on fxcm.

Attachments

• GBP 170305 60 min.jpg
    GBP 170305 60 min.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 238
  • GBP 170305 5min.jpg
    GBP 170305 5min.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 259
Last edited: