Wealth and Power

Pat494

Legendary member
These are the two pillars of man's achievement - at least in their own eyes.

Europe has largely been through these phases over the centuries and has therefore had time to reflect. The newer wealthy countries and people don't really want to know the pitfalls. They intend to blossom forth and spend loads. . Is it to impress or what ?

Can money bring happiness ?

Look at me says new money - as the newly rich parade around in their super yachts, sports cars or whatever.

These are the two pillars of man's achievement - at least in their own eyes.

Europe has largely been through these phases over the centuries and has therefore had time to reflect. The newer wealthy countries and people don't really want to know the pitfalls. They intend to blossom forth and spend loads. . Is it to impress or what ?

Can money bring happiness ?

Look at me says new money - as the newly rich parade around in their super yachts, sports cars or whatever.

The answers are in here:

How Much is Enough?: The Love of Money, and the Case for the Good Life: Amazon.co.uk: Robert Skidelsky, Edward Skidelsky: Books

Seriously though, it's a very good read that addresses your question and others similar.

Thanks
I will try to get a copy to read when I get the time.

They say power is like being on a high with drugs.
There are lots of questions like if you are rich how much is enough ?

Until death it is never enough. :mad:

different requirement of different phase. A toy is enough to a child, when you grow up, it's meaningless to you except the memories.

Consider one self blind but healthy in all other aspects.

How would this change what you need, what you want and your relationship to those around you from what they are now?

your time is wasted. it/he is a bot, thats the only explanation for majority of his posts.