We need a FAQ!

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
BTW what's up with Cataracts? I'd have thought two hulls were far safer than one, although (admittedly) they're a devil to right after capsizing.
...What? Oh, coming nurse....

Sharky

Admin
5,626 393
I like John's idea. I'm certainly willing to put in the time to organise and contribute to the guides. The simplest way to set this up would be to create a new forum with, say 5 moderators who can then go about adding a thread for each FAQ and pulling out from all the other posts on the site, the best bits - most relevant. Members can then fill in any gaps and then each month the moderator can collate all the feedback into a more polished FAQ, starting the process again.

Of course ideally, we should have a seperate section of the site that not only acts as an FAQ but a complete guide to trading - I'm going to start work on that later this year!

Let me know what you think, it's a bit of work to maintain and we'd need volunteery moderators for the FAQ forum. In a way it comes down to how many people would be interested in helping out and how much time it takes and their willing to commit. But the more people involved the easier it gets!

Paul

ps. Dave will contact Traders' on your behalf regarding the sub. I'll let you know how I get on.

jls483

173 0
I think what I was trying to suggest for the FAQ, is exactly what jpwone describes as a guide and was nicely summed up by sharky. Sounds like we are all in accord. I think it will only take a few of us to post a few preliminary guides and I am sure people will not be able to resist commenting on them!

May I suggest that, at least initially, we put no restriction on what the guides can be. If somebody wants to publish a guide to their own whacky form of trading then we should not restrict their creative efforts.

Sharky and his moderators can watch how things progress and tinker with how things are organised if they deem it necessary.

John.

Sharky

Admin
5,626 393
Jls483, if you'd care to add your name to this thread:

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&postid=28846

As well anyone else interested, we can get the ball rolling with our team of editors and I can set about setting up the new forum and assigning the correct permissions to it and the new faq ed's.

In order to edit a thread you need to be a mod status for the forum its contained within. So anyone could post a guide in the forum but only the mods could edit it - jls, in that case would a thread starter need to become a mod too, or even though someone else suggests it, one of the assigned mods (maybe up to 5) can update/edit it? Could work either way.

Please note the difference between forum mods and super mods (like helenqu, skim, chartman etc) - the latter having greater permissions to manage the boards as well as the ability to edit any thread in any forum.

sharky.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock