Watts Trading Group

Being new to trading, I started out with a system from Invicta Traders and almost blew my small account out. I found a writeup on Ryan Watts and the Watts Trading System on Home Page and decided to try it. I like Ryan's method of going for small targets with small stops. I am still sim trading it but am finishing the day with a small $50 per contract traded goal consistently, although not there completely yet.

Listen to what Ryan and the more experienced group members say. Its a good solid pullback strategy but all strategies need to adapt slightly to the changing/current moods of the market and you will find those adaptions in the discussion.

Remember also, that as can be seen in this thread, some people will be successful with a method, others unsuccessful. I highly recommend that you follow ryan's recommendations for training yourself without hurrying any steps and that you get to the point where you are consistently successful on paper before you commit dollars and add an extra set of potential issues --- learn slowly.

Last edited:
Hey Suresh Kumar. I use it in my daily trading and am consistent with it. I combine it with my own read on the market. If you understand Price Action then trading will be very easy. Price is everything. That is what Ryan teaches in his room too. To be able to interpret Price Action correctly and then enter the market where you feel is most appropriate with the indicators confirming your thesis or read on the market. Never take trades blindly based on an indicator. There is a nice write up on Ryan Watts at invictatrader.com which I came across some time ago and decided to try the system out for myself. It costs so little and all the help you get in the free room is a bonus worth a lot more than what you pay as you get to pick on Ryan's brains and learn from someone trading for 20 or more years. Good Luck.

Anyone have any experience with wattstrading? I have lurked around the boards for quite sometime whilst enduring my endless learning curve and been inundated with offers of overpriced systems and snake oil. Now I'm baffled if a method at this price can possibly any good. Is it pure human nature to only assume that expensive has to be good? Being as a lot of the commercial methods discussed on here can have a price tag of up to £5000 attatched, this seems too cheap to be true. Please no lectures on hard work, we all have to start somewhere!

Hi, Cranky:

The price you quote is outlandish, for a trading system, especially in view of the increasing 'do it yourself' programming that is growing. I invested $97.00 for an automated 'set it and forget it' system that reports high and consistent gains. However I can't talk from experience since I have been unable to load it into my MT4 platform. I am presently looking for anyone who has experience with the system, it's called 'Forex Raptor'.

Sapien

I have been trading the watts method for a year now. There is no more honest and humble trader that i know than Ryan. He has been day trading for a living for 16 years. I have been trading for 5 years and he is the best trader i have seen. His system is very cheap. I am sure he makes nothing from selling it. He truely just wants to give back. Learing the system takes time. It is unlike any other out there. He teaches you how to read Price action and honestly that and volume are all you can really trade by. There are no magic indicators there is only price and volume. Once you have learned watts you can apply it to any market. I trade the YM,Euro,GBP,contracts. I have also used it on the grains.

This is no holy grail and takes time to learn. It took me a good 4 months to become consitantly profitable. But if you are in it for the long haul Watts is the way to go. Just give it time. You will learn what 90% of all traders do not know and that is how to read the market.

ryan's watts sys at MT4?

I have been trading the watts method for a year now. There is no more honest and humble trader that i know than Ryan. He has been day trading for a living for 16 years. I have been trading for 5 years and he is the best trader i have seen. His system is very cheap. I am sure he makes nothing from selling it. He truely just wants to give back. Learing the system takes time. It is unlike any other out there. He teaches you how to read Price action and honestly that and volume are all you can really trade by. There are no magic indicators there is only price and volume. Once you have learned watts you can apply it to any market. I trade the YM,Euro,GBP,contracts. I have also used it on the grains.

This is no holy grail and takes time to learn. It took me a good 4 months to become consitantly profitable. But if you are in it for the long haul Watts is the way to go. Just give it time. You will learn what 90% of all traders do not know and that is how to read the market.

hi cwg1 and all,

Is there a way to trade the Watts system from Ryan at the MT4 plattform, I have the datafeed from the forex futures of the Globex on metatrader.

thx
cheers

Metatrader on Globex

Hi Diesel,

You have Globex on metatrader, are you sure that feed is Globex.

Thanks]
emial

hi cwg1 and all,

Is there a way to trade the Watts system from Ryan at the MT4 plattform, I have the datafeed from the forex futures of the Globex on metatrader.

thx
cheers

Watts Trading is among the very best. I spent many months in Ryan's room with Frank and others... these guys are very professional - no scamming - and the price is right, that's for sure. For these reasons it's the only system I could ever recommend with a clear conscience, be it to a newbie or struggling intermediate trader .

Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Watts - it's the one and only business affiliation I have, and that's because Ryan has earned my respect and I know that his system works.

hochelaga
wattstradinggroup.com

Last edited:
Watts Trading is among the very best. I spent many months in Ryan's room with Frank and others... these guys are very professional - no scamming - and the price is right, that's for sure. For these reasons it's the only system I could ever recommend with a clear conscience, be it to a newbie or struggling intermediate trader .

Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Watts - it's the one and only business affiliation I have, and that's because Ryan has earned my respect and I know that his system works.

hochelaga
wattstradinggroup.com
Hello hochelaga,

Are you still trading Ryan's system. Among some that say they did not 'understand' the system most reviews are positive. I am still in doubt. Anything more to add to it than is in this forum?

I see his website seems not up to date.

Regards.

I use both a 30-Tick and 150-Tick on the Russell. That is what he has worked with me on. He uses the 42-Tick and 210-Tick on the Dow mini. The book had him on a 1-minute chart of the NQ but he uses these others now I guess. The first thing they got me doing was the journal and I know it hasn't been long but I can see the improvement already. Mostly in the way I think and the way I look at the market. I am meeting my small goal most days and keeping losses small. He is always helping different people on the system so you might bring up your questions with him in there.

Nite!

Gloria

Hello,

this post is from some years ago. I am looking for a mentor. Are you still trading Ryan's system succesfully?

Regards

This is no holy grail and takes time to learn. It took me a good 4 months to become consitantly profitable. But if you are in it for the long haul Watts is the way to go. Just give it time.

I can't comment on his strategy because I have never used (I own it, though), but you are right that it takes a while to become really good at discretionary trading. I don't do it anymore, switched to algorithmic trading, but discretionary trading has given me many insights into trading that I keep relying on.