Want to make 29000% in One Year ?

Where have you all been? On mars .... bar ! Here is one for all you trading skeptics.

It can be done and has been done.... Introducing Mr Dan Zanger !!!

Zanger puts his money where his mouth is. He holds the unofficial record in trading stocks by turning $11,000 into more than $18 million in 18 months in 1999-2000. He grew that to an incredible $42 million in less than two years and has the tax receipts to prove it.

Just an ordinary guy like you and me !!!

First introduced to stock markets in 1976, Zanger dabbled for a few years while working his full time pool contracting business. His two biggest mentors during his formative years as a trader were Gene Morgan and William O'Neil. He learned everything he could about chart patterns and important fundamentals, but the style he developed is very much his own. He got really serious in 1989 and spent the next 10 years honing his craft.

So dont ever say it cant be done....it can !!!

So hey he did this in the dot com boom.

Quite easily done buying either AMZN or YHOO

Hows he done more recently...

Oh thats strange the site hasn't been updated for 6 months.

JonnyT

There will always be one hit wonders in this business just as in any other. The percentage gain you quote, Knuclehead, is possible by taking outrageous risks but the inevitable losses will be just as spectacular.
The media has a way of pushing stories like Dan Zangers, but generally you find that they are rather one sided, often concentating on only one short period of a trading career.
I was sceptical about his ability to compound returns being in line with the hype, so I took out a trial subscription to his service. It took a whole week for my E-Mail application to be processed and during the trial period, I received not one recomendation !!
Somehow I was not surprised.
I think Zanger is something of a statistical anomaly.

Sounds like Zanger followed Weinstein's basing patterns & jumped in big time on high beta stock. Interesting that Weinstein closed his newsletter following a long period of miserable performance.

Active Trader magazine said that Zanger took a "huge hit" in the bear market. Strangely enough, I can't access that particular article from Zanger's website.

There are also more ads on his website than I've had losing trades. Why would anyone allegedly so rich bother with all this? Why is he doing $895 seminars? Why is he cosying up to esignal and countless other vendors?

I read one comment by someone who had been to one of his seminars. He said that Zanger kept talking about Fib ratios but he thought that this was simply a marketing ploy to 'pad out' his seminar. Yet, Zanger in an interview with Stocks & Commodities (V.21:8) said:

"I use absolutely no indicators whatsoever. I simply rely on chart patterns, price, and volume. Who has time to look at so many indicators when you’re scrolling through 400 stocks a night? I look at daily bars intensely and dissect them and then add in the volume bars to come up with sort of a pressure factor that tells me what the stock wants to do next and when it wants to do it. Is it ready now or does it need more time? That’s the job at hand every day."

I also can't find any track record of the Zanger Report. It doesn't seem to be one of the hundreds monitored by the HFD.

It doesn't seem to add up. I did note that one of his recommendations was Ebay. I hope that he advised his newsletter subscriptees to get out before last night.

knucklehead said:
Where have you all been? On mars .... bar !

Where have you been?

29,000 % is peanuts!

Try buying a £1 lottery ticket.

You might get a return much much bigger than 29,000%!

Your biggest drawdown is £1.

You don't have to look back 5 years to see when it was last done.

It can be done. It has been done.

In fact it has been done almost every week.

By ordinary people like you and me.

It could be you!

mmm, i checked my numbers this week only to find my five weeks worth had run out two weeks ago :LOL: wouldn't be so cheerful if the numbers had come up though, perish the thought.

Airthrey Capital said:
Where have you been?

29,000 % is peanuts!

Try buying a £1 lottery ticket.

You might get a return much much bigger than 29,000%!

Your biggest drawdown is £1.

You don't have to look back 5 years to see when it was last done.

It can be done. It has been done.

In fact it has been done almost every week.

By ordinary people like you and me.

It could be you!

Oh my God! This IS the holy grail!
From £1 to a small jackpot win of £2m within one week, you compound that over the year and you'll own the world and big chunks of the universe before easter! :cheesy:
Who needs puny 29,000% returns?

barjon said:
mmm, i checked my numbers this week only to find my five weeks worth had run out two weeks ago :LOL: wouldn't be so cheerful if the numbers had come up though, perish the thought.

not having a good time of things are you BonJovi?

keep away from moving vehicles fella, it could be you!

:eek:

Back to the original question! I can't imagine it could be done at the present time, not this year, with current market conditions! the risks you would have to take would result in massive downturns in your capital! You'd need markets with high volatility, perhaps trading in oil futures or on the US dollar but i am very sceptical that a return of 29,000% could be made in one year! But who knows maybe i'll be proved wrong!

fluorspar said:
I took out a trial subscription to his service. It took a whole week for my E-Mail application to be processed and during the trial period, I received not one recomendation !!
I had exactly the same experience; it must have been a year or so ago, I think.

fluorspar said:
I think Zanger is something of a statistical anomaly.
That would certainly be the charitable explanation; yes.

Hey you guys,
I played the lottery this weekend and won 1000% on a £1 drawdown not bad eh?

sak07 said:
Back to the original question! I can't imagine it could be done at the present time, not this year, with current market conditions! the risks you would have to take would result in massive downturns in your capital! You'd need markets with high volatility, perhaps trading in oil futures or on the US dollar but i am very sceptical that a return of 29,000% could be made in one year! But who knows maybe i'll be proved wrong!
Easy, sak07. Just wait until the next bull market. Let me see....it took 16 years from the 1966 bull market to the next in 1982. So that would make our next bull market around 2016. Jump into a load of ridiculously high beta stocks with every penny you have. A couple of years later, put your feet up and sell an obscenely expensive newsletter and charge £1,000 a seminar. I reckon that should get you the 29,000%.

Easy, see.

After opening a credit account with an SB firm, I turned £0 into £10k in less than 12 months.
Is this classed as an infinite return?

nope..

you must have had some transaction costs. costs of carry etc...

in theory an infinite return is impossible.

(gets a new can of worms)

FetteredChinos said:
nope..

you must have had some transaction costs. costs of carry etc...

in theory an infinite return is impossible.

(gets a new can of worms)

What costs are you talking about? I haven't paid a penny out (that I know of).

you may not have paid it,in cash..

but your profits would have been greater if you werent paying transaction costs..

eg £1000 profit from say, 100 trades. bid/ask split is 1 point/pip

without the bid/ask split your profits would have been £1100

trading costs are inevitable. a bit like death,taxes and friday night ****-ups..

also trading on a credit account, surely there is also the opportunity cost of keeping enough cash to meet margin calls etc...

sorry, that is the accountant in me speaking.. ive been trying to get rid of him for ages...

Edster said:
After opening a credit account with an SB firm, I turned £0 into £10k in less than 12 months.
Is this classed as an infinite return?
Well done Edster. Now, the trick is to keep it.....