Votes: 7 25.9%
  • The USA

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • israel

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Any Arab country with oil

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
...either that or they are after REAL crims - like speeders, people dropping litter, teenagers smoking on a park bench, etc

For World Peace, first remove all non-democratically elected fundamentalists. Ballistic brain surgery is an acceptable method.

Conflicts up, as consumption up, commodities up, therefore opportunities up. There's always a silver lining.

Good point Zig. Anyone know of any ammunition companies with a listing?

DaveJB said:
Zambuck,
I think that originated during an observatory tour decades back (version I read) - some big US scope, described to Mrs E along the lines of "with this we map the Universe", to which Mrs E replied, 'my husband does that on the back of an envelope'.

Yes Dave that was the one...I checked up on by Encyclopaedia and library but could not find it before I wrote...but I do remember reading somthing like this....

He was well ahead of his time really.....

Hi Z,
She was, I'd say! (Always let the boss have the final word).
What I particularly like about Albert is that he was brilliant early on, did a lot quickly (really top notch physicists tend to burn out by mid 30's or earlier) and then enjoyed the celeb circuit for rather a long time... nice to see a physicist with commonsense, which is uncommon at the best of times ;)
Dave

A man once said to me,
"As long as two people are prepared to take off their coats and fight, there will be wars".

I think maybe he had the right idea.

Ax3 - Not a bad point actually. Why dont Arafat and Sherron (excuse spelling) just settle it between themselves using the good old Queensbury rules (bare knuckles though). My money would be on Arafat - despite his age, Sherron is a fat pig. Either that or pistols at dawn. Bring a little glamour and romance into the conflict eh?

Of course, the event could be televised and sponsorship introduced. All profits would go to Save The Children or something. Which ever side lost would have to accept defeat like a gentleman or incur the rath of BBB (hehehehe).

It would avoid so much bloodshed.

You've all seen the Two Tribes video by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. You get the idea.....

Not as fanciful as it sounds. In days of yore tribes or opposing factions would appoint 'champions' who would fight to resolve matters of conflict. A lot to be said for it in terms of efficiency if you really can't resolve matters through discussion. One might almost argue that becoming more 'civilised' has brought with it more 'uncivilised' behaviour.

Cheers

Of course the most civilised way to resolve a conflict would be the ancient Indian method.
Two protagonists stand opposite each other with arms folded and begin to hurl insults.
The winner is the man who, in the opinion of the observers hurls the ultimate unanswerable insult.
I believe it was called "crab bat".
I think Lt. Col. Masters referred to it in one of his memoirs.

Can you just imagine dubya and Osama :LOL:

If only the boxing idea could be sorted out, It would save time and lives. Just don't get don king involved!

I'm sure he'd peace on that bonfire! ;-)