Volunteers

gamma

Experienced member
I am presently working a system with which I need some help.
system currently generates 20 points a day.

The problem I have is, I need to analyse quite a lot of information, in a very short period of time and hence only have time to analyse one pair

You don't need to be a technical expert, what is required is pretty straightforward and can be taught quite easily, If anyone has a good knowledge of excel spreadsheets that would be very useful.

If anyone would like to work with me please pm me.

Thanks everyone with offers to help so far.
really need an excel expert as this is one area I am completly useless in and its imperative to the project.

uugggh - Excel.....

is this a mechanical system that could be programmed into something like Tradestation ? That would take the legwork out of doing this.

Hi DionysusToast,
The system uses a lot of discretion analysis and hence not suitable for automation.
Althought I must say I have no idea about tradestation and so do not know its capabilities.
Is there a link for this so that I may study it further and see.
thankyou for your help.

Hi DionysusToast,
The system uses a lot of discretion analysis and hence not suitable for automation.
Althought I must say I have no idea about tradestation and so do not know its capabilities.
Is there a link for this so that I may study it further and see.
thankyou for your help.

It doesn't have discretion, so you may well be right.

In terms of how it works:
http://www.tradestation.com/strategy_testing/st_creation.shtm

If the discretionary part is going to keep you out of a relatively small number of trades, then perhaps it may be of interest to see how following the rules without discretion performs. It may be a useful data point.

Basically, what you can do is use single/multiple timeframes with forex, futures, stocks and backtest a set of rules.