TA Packages

stakka

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a TA package to save me slaving over Excel spreadsheets - maintaining more than a few basic indicators just takes up too much time.

Is anyone using Sharescope or Omnitrader? Would you recommend either of them?

Cheers

Stakka

I use Sharescope and really like it. Take a look at the reviews tab on here for peoples opinions on all the major packages.

Cheers

Hi Stakka

I presume you want End of Data data / package. If so then Sharescope is the best bet for UK shares.

HTH :)

Here is the best TA package you could ever need........

L26050_SK_LG.jpg

MIRHB_sk_lg.jpg

HTH ;)

Call me unconventional, but I actually find charts quite useful too, helps to get the trendlines in the right place ;)

My vote goes to Sharescope too for UK end of data - just can't be beaten for value at £12 or so per month for the data.

If only they would include scanning by indicators and a few other bells and whistles, then it would be even better. I've waited 4 years for this, and am still waiting so don't hold your breath.

Thanks all.

Filtering by indicators is what attracts me to Omnitrader (although the price doesn't - £12 a month sounds much nicer than £250 upfront plus a data feed!)

Thanks for the advice TBS - I haven't progressed to a ruler from abbacus yet so bear with me!

Stakka

Hi Stakka,

To be fair SS seems to be the best deal for private investors, some of these so-called 'advanced' TA packages are outrageously priced, and if you don't need live prices etc.. they amount to not much more than a huge expense for 'paralysis by analysis'.

I agree with the comments about Sharescope,have used this for about 3 years and am well pleased with the EOD stuff.

I am interested in taking their Realtime service,can any one give me some idea of how good it is.I don't know of any one that has tried it.
I would be very pleased to hear from a user.

Stakka
Sorry about the blank message !!
I echo the favourable comments about Sharescope, have used the package for about four years, good value for money.
I also use Omnitrader which is very good for narrowing down trading prospects - I export end of day data from Sharescope and it works very well

If its "Bells and Whistles" you are looking for then go for Metastock.

Uncle said:
If its "Bells and Whistles" you are looking for then go for Metastock.

....indeed...value for money system that is very versatile...with tons of ready made explorations and system tests avilable online...

Well you have choice of either EOD or real time versions...difference between two is almost double...I think EOD is approx 400 odd pounds and real time is about 1000 odd pounds...

There is a choice of paying for monthly usage for a fixed fee if you decide not to purchase the software as well...

Works real time with e signal so you pay for the data after you purchase the programmme...

I can go on but have a look at following site for more details...

http://www.paritech.co.uk/default-uk.asp
www.equis.com

Current version * is full of bugs but these get orined out very quickly..apparently ver 8.01 is on it's way out...

many out there still use 7.02 versions ad never upgraded to ver 8

I use Omnitrader end of day for which I download SS data end of every day and I use both programs. I think they are both excellent products and the after sales service I have received from Chris Byars the UK rep has been very helpful.

Zambuck.

Many thanks for coming back with the info,will look at the site.

Exporting Sharescope Data to Omnitrader

Could you please tell me how to do it

magnet said:
Stakka
Sorry about the blank message !!
I echo the favourable comments about Sharescope, have used the package for about four years, good value for money.
I also use Omnitrader which is very good for narrowing down trading prospects - I export end of day data from Sharescope and it works very well