Basic charting software to present raw time series

RPEX

Hi,

I'm looking for a charting package which will basically allow me to use all of the basic TA tools, but work off of data which i feed it, from say excel.

I think Metastock and a few other programs have something like this functionality, but i'm not really looking for anything where i have to subscribe - the whole point is that i want to do TA on custom data sets. Ideally i would just do this all in excel but clearly the charts aren't compatible with many TA tools (or basics like tracking what level the cursor is at) let alone switch between time frames. If anyone can point me in the direction of something like this that would be great, even if it involves a bit of programming. The open source stuff i've looked at so far looks a bit too complicated for me.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm looking for a charting package which will basically allow me to use all of the basic TA tools, but work off of data which i feed it, from say excel.

I think Metastock and a few other programs have something like this functionality, but i'm not really looking for anything where i have to subscribe - the whole point is that i want to do TA on custom data sets. Ideally i would just do this all in excel but clearly the charts aren't compatible with many TA tools (or basics like tracking what level the cursor is at) let alone switch between time frames. If anyone can point me in the direction of something like this that would be great, even if it involves a bit of programming. The open source stuff i've looked at so far looks a bit too complicated for me.

Cheers

I think you might have to have a long look at what the quant traders are using