volatile markets or non volatile markets?

30 under 30 trader magazine
Bradley Young
Firm: Futex
City: Woking, England
Trades: Futures (DAX, S&P, T-notes, gilt, bund, natural gas)

When you have exposure in all of those markets the only think I can say is WoW.

But then again for me is better to have a 100K stable salary + bonus.

Commission based traders are feeling the up and downs like no other profession.

One day you might drive a Ferrari, the other day you might be walking to work if still have one.:!:

yeah but what if you made your money then get out, i mean this guy has made £500k in one day, now if i could have the means to do that, i would only ever have to catch one nice trend and semi retire somewhere...i mean he is obviously cutting loses very quickly if the trade does not go staight into profit, with lows comms he can do this and when he catches a nice trend he absolutely cleans up just like what trader dante said.

how the hell can he do this size?, or is it he could have positions in all the markets he trades all at once?, i doubt that though because he scalps so that would be all too quick

do you actually know this for a fact? i tend to find in markets, and specifically local-fuelled markets, losses are not mentioned and profits massively still overstated. even with massive limits and huge moves making this money is maybe once in 5years....

don't know how he is doing it or how much money he makes. might make 40p a day and then get on a right move once in a while.

surely its worth finding out exactly what this guy does, i know that sounds like a stupid comment but seriously tell me why he cannot be replicated?, he was obviously taught his methodlogies from someone, it must be alot of discretion otherwise we could all just black box it.............it only takes the purest disclipne in my opinion and obviously starting small and building up proabably like he has done.

I have a scalping system that works but i have not traded more than 8 contracts using it, not sure i could the system and fills may change...........i just don't understand how someone is scalping proabaly 1000 contarcts all at once and if he is hedging how is he getting it all on so quickly?

if he is replicated then his strategies wouldn't work.....if everyone does the same thing then the opportunities go.

do you actually know this for a fact? i tend to find in markets, and specifically local-fuelled markets, losses are not mentioned and profits massively still overstated. even with massive limits and huge moves making this money is maybe once in 5years....

yeah you could be right and i to thought exactly that about the losses and i think its very true we only hear about the big profits................But this guy is different to most, infact there are a couple of elite traders out there that make nothing but big money everyday, he would not for a start be in the top 30 traders.

he could and possibly will blow up one day if he contiues this way, i remember reading about a trader from marex a few years ago in the under 30 report, well i never hear any more about the guy, maybe he blew up or if he was wise made his money and got out, i mean £500k in one day you would be mad to continue after that surely?.thats 5 years salary for a start and proabaly set you up for life if you used the money wisely of course.

maybe like you say though he is taking big hits first and we do not hear of those before he makes the big money

top 30 traders of who wants their name in a 2-bit mag?

there are no traders who make big money every day. that is a fact. **** i made 76k in one trade as a local. not gonna tell you my biggest loss tho ;-)

if he is replicated then his strategies wouldn't work.....if everyone does the same thing then the opportunities go.

yes with the size he must be doing i agree with you, but i do know traders who do trade exactly the same and infact off the same ta indicators , so must be getting in at the same time and it works for them both, but they are doing 8contracts each not exactly a lot.

But why could you not replicate his methods on a different untried market?,

top 30 traders of who wants their name in a 2-bit mag?

there are no traders who make big money every day. that is a fact. **** i made 76k in one trade as a local. not gonna tell you my biggest loss tho ;-)

ok so what do the succesfull guys do then?, scalp and stratch then stay in on big trends?

i suspect whatever methodology he may be employing would only work for given markets. securities do not all trade through indicators, ta etc. you have to take into account the pyschologies of different markets. each and every market is different.

i have no idea. i suspect they do whatever works for them. certianly in these conditions size scares the sh*t out of the markets. i used to do a hell of a lot of scratching yes.

he was obviously taught his methodlogies from someone

Not necessarily, it may be pure instinctive trading. Also if he trades the S&P you can put massive size on that without any real problems getting filled.

Paul

Sorry but Futex does spreads.... and also hold position over night.
In terms of the period you hold a position. This depends on the team you are in, how much money you have + also your margin.

Also a spread consists is two outright’s :sleep:

Umm.. where did you get this information from?

I am sorry but there is not a single trader at Futex who would call themselves a spread trader! I know this because I work there!

The mangement will let you trade spreads if you want but everyone there trades predominantly outrights.. and yes, people can hold positions overnight but just leaving a trade and waiting for it to come back is very bad trading and it doesn't happen at Futex.

And by the way.. Yes, Brad makes an absolute shed load of money but no, he doesn't do it with 1000 lots in the FTSE!! (If you read the list of markets he trades in the 30 under 30 thing you can establish this anyway)

Umm.. where did you get this information from?

I am sorry but there is not a single trader at Futex who would call themselves a spread trader! I know this because I work there!

The mangement will let you trade spreads if you want but everyone there trades predominantly outrights.. and yes, people can hold positions overnight but just leaving a trade and waiting for it to come back is very bad trading and it doesn't happen at Futex.

And by the way.. Yes, Brad makes an absolute shed load of money but no, he doesn't do it with 1000 lots in the FTSE!! (If you read the list of markets he trades in the 30 under 30 thing you can establish this anyway)

ok so how is it possible to make £96k in a day unless you are doing equivilant to 1000 contracts?, is he diversifing among all the markets he trades listed in that report?, if so we know he is a scalper so how can he get his orders on with that size so quickly?

maybe only bradley knows for sure, like the other guy said we can all hazard a guess but realistically if we knew exactly how we'd all be doing it right?

paul, would 1000 contracts on the s and p stand out?, would it all get filled at the entry price?, would this size move the market all by itself?, ill take a look today, i know the average acv on the er2 each day is only around 200-400 contracts per side at any given time so no way would this work on er2............im very ignorant on the subject and would love to know the average acv on the bobl, dax etc

mate are you in love with this guy? you'rte not going to find out his strat so develop your own.

also do arcade traders prefer volatile markets or least volatility the better?

they mainly trade interest rates futres and bonds so i take it they prefer non voloatile markets, is this because they can place stops reliably?, and let profits run.................i mean if they keep scratching it is better in a non volatile market as less noise and volatility, and eventually they will catch a move or trend right?, with er2 and dax stops have to be further away i feel and possibly less r/r overall, what does traders think of this?, am i chatting **** again? just wanna know more thats all so guessing to get attention i guess.

mate are you in love with this guy? you'rte not going to find out his strat so develop your own.

sorry just because you failed as a local , don't mean we all will now go away mate.

yes i love him, so what.....maybe if you tried to find out more you too would have had more success.........you have far too much pride though a, your already an expert, see im not afraid or scared to post things like this, this is how i can gain more knowledge and hopefully be different from you.

ha ha. i took my money and got out mate. salary now.

get your own strat mate. what works for some doesn't for others.

ha ha. i took my money and got out mate. salary now.

get your own strat mate. what works for some doesn't for others.

i have my own startegy but it relys on ta and a momentum indicator and i scalp but i also pay $4.60 per round turn so im weighing up the arcade route also, not fundamentals at all and im only doing 4-8 contracts. Im at the point where im thinking if i want to up size and make more money will i have to switch to different markets to do so and get alot lower comms.............and also im not sure my starategy would work on non volatile markets this is why i ask this question but no one seems to know

well unless you reveal it nobody can tell you. fairly sure you don't want to do that tho.

this is going to end badly never try to copy someones stratedgy. you want to know how he got to where he is today by starting like you realising how and what he wants to trade and not trying to trade like someone else. Go out trade different markets try varying trading styles and find your niche, stop trying to look for the instant answer on here to make you 100k a day because its not going to happen. You can make money from any market if you have the right stratedgy and rules in place but you are not going to make money just by copying someone else. If you look at all the best traders they all realised what they wanted to trade and how to trade it by themself so maybe you should give that a go

well unless you reveal it nobody can tell you. fairly sure you don't want to do that tho.

yeah i have no problem with that, if you go to my thread on divergence patterns you will see how i trade, although some signals are not just divergence , some are os/ob signals in a range condition just scalping the range, also my last confirmer before i enter is i must have 2/1 ratio on my dom..............very fast scalping most times in and out in less than a minute.

if you want to know more ill post some charts

I find on here if you act dumb and like a newbie you seem to get better response thats all.
Im not trying to replicate him, see you are getting it all wrong, you can take a strategy and make it your own you know.......I did exactly that with success