VIX Futures beginner question

bezzer11

32 0
Hi,

Im on the CBOE website and trying to look at some VIX futures data. Can anyone please tell me what these symbols mean. I have Google searched to no avail.

VX Z3-CF
VX F4-CF
VX G4-CF
VX H4-CF

I know Z,F,G,H are for months but what does the rest mean? Thank you :)

M

member275544

0 0
Hi,

Im on the CBOE website and trying to look at some VIX futures data. Can anyone please tell me what these symbols mean. I have Google searched to no avail.

VX Z3-CF
VX F4-CF
VX G4-CF
VX H4-CF

I know Z,F,G,H are for months but what does the rest mean? Thank you :)

Vix December 2013 Futures
Vix January 2014 Futures etc

piggybridges

Established member
632 200
Am I right in thinking that you can't trade the vix directly? (forgetting about spreadbetting/bucketshops)

At elitetrader, most of the guys who are clearly making lots of money seem to be trading 'vix futures'.
There's a guy called sellindexvol66 who's posted up some fantastic statements in their PNL threads over teh years.

I'd love to watch them place a few trades. Are they actually trading like VIX options which they call VIX futures?

bootsyjam

228 21
Hey there, do a search on zerohedge, and on google, for how VIX can be manipulated by the big boys. Any basket is going to act strangely-do your research first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock