Vantagepoint - OldAlbanian Trades

Oldalbanian

I have decided to post here details of my trades using Vantagepoint on a daily basis:

1 October
Open Positions

Silver Dec: Long at 635 £50 a point
Soyabeans Nov: Short at 590 £40 a point
Cotton Dec: Short at 5400 £5 a point
5 Yr T Note Dec: Short at 110.65 £20 a point
Gold Dec: Long at 406.8 £50 a point.

Hi Oldalbanian

Would be very interested to see the trades you make on this board.

Please keep it up for a couple of weeks at least

Thanks

4 October
No trades placed or closed
Placed limit order to open short position Dec coffee at 8000 - price not reached

Thanks for posting your trades here. I am evaluating the possibility to subscribe to VantagePoint so I will follow this thread with great interest. I would also appreciate if you could leave any comments regarding the software, are you satisfied with it, etc.

Best regards,
Dimi

5 Oct
Open new position. Short Coffee Dec at 7700 £1 a point.
My target to open was 8000 but took the plunge with a very small position. Will increase as and when.

Are you saying you went short at 7700 when your system indicated only going short at 8000?

How do you know when to override system criteria with discretionary factors?

And specifically in this case, why did you go in at (what seems to me) such a lower level than your target? If a short at 8000 was the optimum point, aren't you already giving up 300 pts (or whatever it is on Coffee) AND also risking the Short trade criteria (8000) not actually being triggered anyway and finding yourself on the wrong side?

The system did not show "only going short at 8000".
Vantagepoint indicated a change of direction of market trend after 1Oct close from up to down.
I was trying to get 8000 yesterday but didn't get it. As long as the overall trend continues down I will add to the position if the opportunity arises.
When the trend changes direction again from down to up I will close the short position and go long regardless of the price at the time..

5 Oct
Sold Sliver Dec at 705 £50 a point. Position now closed - profit £3500
Vantagepoint has not indicated any change of market trend but decided to take the profit.

6 Oct
Despite yesterday's rise Vantagepoint continues to show Coffee Dec trending down.
Open new position - short Coffee Dec at 7810 £1 a point
Total Coffee Dec position now short £2 a point at 7755 (average of 2 trades)

7 Oct

Sold Gold Dec at 420 £50 a point. Position now closed. Profit £660
Vantagepoint has not indicated any change of market trend but decided to take the profit

Buy Cotton Dec at 4844 £8 a point to close short position and open new position at £3 a point. Profit £2780. Now long Cotrton Dec at 4844 £3 a point

Open new position - short Coffee Dec at 7760 £1 a point
Total coffee Dec position now short £3 a point at 7756 (average of 3 trades)

Last edited:
8 Oct

Sold Cotton Dec at 4740 £3 a point. Position now closed. Loss £312.
This turned out as a bad trade. Vantagepoint showed a return to down trend after yesterday's close.
This proves the value of only trading when the PTMDiff values indicate a consistent trend on the previous four trading sessions., We live and learn!
(If you don't own Vantagepoint that last bit won't mean much but it is the key to successful trading with Vantagepoint - in my opinion and other users agree)

I am away next week so won't be trading but am leaving remaining positions in place.
Back 18th October.

Hiya Oldalbanian,

Just like to show my appreciation for what you are doing! I have been wanting to buy this software for some time and have been eager to hear from people who have used it. I have wasted money on many trading platforms and am skeptical about forking out even more money.

I look forward to your reviews and thanks again!

I am now back trading.
While I was away I executed the following trades:

Bought Coffee Dec at 7400 £3 a point to close position. Profit £1068.

Bought 5 Yr T note Dec at 110.90 £30 a point to close postion (£500 Loss) and open a long postion at the same price. Now long £10 a point at 110.90

Soyabeans Dec contract expires today at 512. At £40 a point profit booked £3120

While I was away Vantagepoint showed Silver Dec ready for a short postion and Wheat Dec ready for a long postion. I will trade accordingly when the markets open on Monday.

Last edited:
fantastic old...
i have been virging on buying this now for a few months and this thread is just what i have been looking for.
to any others, after having a long chat with vantagepoint on the phone, they offered to give me 2 tel. numbers of UK users. I thought that these would be "cherry picked" or possibly distributors. But i really am satisfied that the were genuine customers.
one guy runs this web site :- www.financialspreadbets.info
and so whilst his insights were great and very open i was still unconvinced,
the other guy turned out to be in the next town to me, i went to see him, and he is a normal bloke who trades from home and really does 100% recommend the product.

i am still thinking

Undecided Vantagepoint buyer (another one)

Thanks for posting your trades. How long did it take you to master VP, and how long would it take someone (me) new to trading to be successful with VP? VP sounds good but don't know why you get such a hard sell from VP sales if it's so good?

If you have time would very much appreciate your response. Thank you.

ELS

like I said in another thread on this site, I purchased VP and found it useless. If you can trade with moving averages, you could perhaps trade with vantagepoint.

If the win rate of MA cross entries are not good enough for you already... then guess what?

ELS said:
Thanks for posting your trades. How long did it take you to master VP, and how long would it take someone (me) new to trading to be successful with VP? VP sounds good but don't know why you get such a hard sell from VP sales if it's so good?

If you have time would very much appreciate your response. Thank you.

ELS

I've had several pm's from people who bought this product and having seen it want to know how I got my money back as they now realise its as useless (imo) as I said it was originally much to Oldalbanions disgust.
He was posting his trades but surprise suddenly disappeared. Save your money its just moving averages.