Using your girlfriend as a trading signal

MrBrilliant

It seems almost inevitable that the vast majority of noobs will blow out their account when they start trading.

So I was wondering, what happens if you take someone who's a total noob, a little bit irrational, and very emotional, e.g. my girlfriend and as a birthday present give her an account with £1000 in it. Tell her to have fun, enjoy herself, make money, the sky is the limit.

As I see it, there's a 99% probability that she will blow the account within a week. So what if we were to somehow monitor what she's doing, and always enter our own trades in the opposite direction? Once her £1000 goes to zero, the other account will have doubled.

In practice of course, it will be much less than double due to commissions + spreads, but could there be some profit?

So in summary, why can't you take a really bad trader and copy their trades, in reverse?

I'm into unorthodox trading signals, so let us know what happens ?
Maybe I'll look around for an airhead dolly-girl to have a go :)
I've tried bird signals. Are they flying left to right past my window etc.
Bloomberg presenters' clothe's colours etc.

In a word yes. When it comes to currencies, the Forex Market is doing whatever it takes to make the majority of traders wrong, most of the time. The market has to do this because it is being driven by everyone involved in trading it and since it is a zero sum game most people will lose their money to a few highly skilled players. Therefore, what feels like the right thing to do is more often than not the wrong thing to do.

Does that make sense?

In practice of course, it will be much less than double due to commissions + spreads, but could there be some profit?

it is a common fallacy to be a profitable trader all you have to do is take the opposite side of a losing traders trades. This is even more true when stop sizes are relatively small. To try to shed some light on this think about the following experiment. 10,000 trades entered at random direction, with 20 points stop and 20 point take profit, no spread, no commission. You would expect 5,000 winners and 5000 losers, no sir that would be wrong, there will be many more losers due to the nature of the markets need to liquidate.

In a word yes. When it comes to currencies, the Forex Market is doing whatever it takes to make the majority of traders wrong, most of the time. The market has to do this because it is being driven by everyone involved in trading it and since it is a zero sum game most people will lose their money to a few highly skilled players. Therefore, what feels like the right thing to do is more often than not the wrong thing to do.

Does that make sense?

What do you mean feels like?

Let me expand...

It feels like - touching
It seems like - seeing
It sounds like - hearing
It tastes like - eating
It smells like - nosing around

Is this your system?

Pat - you serious about unorthodox trading signals?

Have you tried the moon system?

-moon-a.jpg

Last edited:
It seems almost inevitable that the vast majority of noobs will blow out their account when they start trading.

So I was wondering, what happens if you take someone who's a total noob, a little bit irrational, and very emotional, e.g. my girlfriend and as a birthday present give her an account with £1000 in it. Tell her to have fun, enjoy herself, make money, the sky is the limit.

As I see it, there's a 99% probability that she will blow the account within a week. So what if we were to somehow monitor what she's doing, and always enter our own trades in the opposite direction? Once her £1000 goes to zero, the other account will have doubled.

So in summary, why can't you take a really bad trader and copy their trades, in reverse?

no ......because of the grey area inbetween good and bad trades ..it bleeds you dry

N

-moon-a.jpg

Sure am. The Romans used the flight of birds to forecast the future, so I gave it a try. Left to right means up and vice versa.
Better was the clothing of the Bloomberg presenters. The red end of the spectrum + black was down and the blue end + white was for up. Now this threw up some interesting results for the S&P 500. Just maybe being immersed in the business news they were subconsciously putting on the appropriate clothes. One or two were much better than 50/50 and one who shall be nameless was only about 20/80. Why not try it ?????

What do you mean feels like?

Let me expand...

It feels like - touching
It seems like - seeing
It sounds like - hearing
It tastes like - eating
It smells like - nosing around

Is this your system?

-moon-a.jpg

The market moves often deceive us. You go long but you're wrong and and the price drops, then the price drop pauses for a bit, long enough to dupe a large number of those retail traders with short positions into doubling up, once there is enough short money for the big money to take they take it, and the price tanks downwards some more.

Yet adding to the short somehow just felt right. What I believe is actually happening is in the above scenario is that they market was entering a downtrend but in order to fall the sellers had to have enough buyers on the other side of their trades and the market did whatever it took to make that happen. As I said, I believe the Forex market will do whatever it takes to make the majority of traders wrong, most of the time. Usually the majority are only right at market turning points, then when it turns they exist for a small profit and go back to being wrong again. http://www.myforexdot.org.uk/whyretailforexiswrong.html

I might not be explaining this very well though... Or perhaps you think it is nonsense and just down right disagree?

Mr Brilliant,

Maybe the (man/fir/ish/numbers 1,3,5,7,etc) approach is not the way.
Maybe the female (numbers 2,4,6,8,etc) approach is the way?

Have you tried wearing her dress when you trade?

good luck with that.

Mr Brilliant,

Maybe the (man/fir/ish/numbers 1,3,5,7,etc) approach is not the way.
Maybe the female (numbers 2,4,6,8,etc) approach is the way?

Have you tried wearing her dress when you trade?

good luck with that.

They can probably help you out on the NHS for free ?

:LOL:

Last edited:
Asses her system for slippage. If she is loosing due to slippage then either:

1) you have a bad broker OR
2) she is truly on the wrong side of the market

I can imagine her having beginner's luck and frustrating everyone else. And just because she is emotional in certain aspects of her life, she may not be as emotional with trading. I believe, ironically, that it's us people that care about trading that get more emotional even if we come off as detached everywhere else.

If I was a broker and had say 1000 customers I would commission a programme to analyse their accounts. Copy the really good traders and do the reverse trade on the really bad traders. The middling and muddling along traders would be allowed to go their course. Might even offer to analyse their trades and for a fee offer to help them.
But alas circumstances are not so for me so I muddle along in the middle with some losses and some gains.

My Biggest Laugh Ever In Forex Trading

Hi Guys,

I have to share this with you from another forum.

This one poster talked about a very successful system that he was developing and that it had a very good success rate.

It entailed reading the world weather forecasts to determine the direction of a currency pair.

For instance if it was sunny in New York, and you were trading the GB/US the pound was bound to decline in value in all that miserable rain he professed.
If there should be turbulent weather over Tokyo the Yen would be erratic in its movements etc.
I wanted to query him on just how he would apply snow fall in NY against the Swiss franc which most often gets its own snow falls, but that wasn't forthcoming.
He went on to say that the same success could be applied to other currency pairs in the same way, and some readers were even going along with this, saying that traders sentiment are considerably affected by the weather!
Various indicator maps were discussed in detail, showing the system with a Big Sun indicator and others with Clouds and rainfall for a Buy long and a Sell short trade.

After some hedging on just when he would reveal this holy grail to all and sundry, and saying that he was just finishing off the final details and in so doing leaving many believers crying out for details, the truth was revealed. That it was all simply an exercise to prove just how gullible many traders can be - and that left a surprising amount of readers very unamused I can tell you ......................
I'm not sure if the author was given a warning :D
Cheers
pipdit

Hi Guys,

I have to share this with you from another forum.

This one poster talked about a very successful system that he was developing and that it had a very good success rate.

It entailed reading the world weather forecasts to determine the direction of a currency pair.

For instance if it was sunny in New York, and you were trading the GB/US the pound was bound to decline in value in all that miserable rain he professed.
If there should be turbulent weather over Tokyo the Yen would be erratic in its movements etc.
I wanted to query him on just how he would apply snow fall in NY against the Swiss franc which most often gets its own snow falls, but that wasn't forthcoming.
He went on to say that the same success could be applied to other currency pairs in the same way, and some readers were even going along with this, saying that traders sentiment are considerably affected by the weather!
Various indicator maps were discussed in detail, showing the system with a Big Sun indicator and others with Clouds and rainfall for a Buy long and a Sell short trade.

After some hedging on just when he would reveal this holy grail to all and sundry, and saying that he was just finishing off the final details and in so doing leaving many believers crying out for details, the truth was revealed. That it was all simply an exercise to prove just how gullible many traders can be - and that left a surprising amount of readers very unamused I can tell you ......................
I'm not sure if the author was given a warning :D
Cheers
pipdit

I found this very funny and educational.

I never heard of a idea like this. I will try this one haha!!

Good luck!