Using the right charts

options

Running through a new winter portfolio I've set up for someone else I thought I'd post an example of taking your charts at face value. (And the dangers of it).

The 2 charts on the right are daily charts of the same share. One is a sb co's chart.

They both use the same provider.

Look closely at the candles. Why the difference?

Probably they start at different times.

But if you put a lot of weight behind doji's, outside/inside bars, hanging whatists etc. Which one is the real one?

And how do you time an entry?

Attachments

• T2w example.JPG
    T2w example.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 281
Well-fuzzy logic, fuzzy entry.
Find the best value for a given direction, no matter what chart your looking at.

Its possible, due to the spreads themselves, the puredeal (ig white label of prorealtime, could be wrong) chart will be dissimiliar to the prorealtime version on the same time frame, due to not factoring in spreads etc, I dont know if their is a setting for "end of bar only" displays on either charting interface.
If so, that could be it.
I'm sure its a trick question of course, but it's fun to try and think occasionally :)

Also, it would seem a bit unfair to use a quarterly chart directly up against such short time frames, visual and mental correlation tend to break down with significant time frame differences, imo.