Using MT4 with Linux - prob with adding indicator

cantagril

3,236 961
Much claret has flowed under the bridge since I started this thread but now I need some more help.

I have done what I wanted to my Lenovo T520 - hardwarewise anyway:
16gb RAM - realtime p&f charts on multiple tabs are now a doddle
Dual boot on separate SSDs (W7pro on Full size and LL on a 30gb internal mSATA)
3rd caddy mounted SSD for shared storage

I went down the Linux Lite route thinking that 30gb would be more than enough BUT I now find that I might have wrong-footed myself.

On my previous Ubuntu set-up I was using a bigger drive (350gb circa) and space was not an issue. Rather late in the day, I have realised that about 8gb progs installed to /home by default.

Not a huge problem you might say...but in my case, I cheerfully partitioned my new 30gb mSSD thinking that as I was going to use a separate drive for storage and I only wanted the OS and a few programmes, I would need nearly all my space on /root and sfa on /home.....so I left 4gb only on home. I'm sure that you can guess where this is going.

Yep, half my 4gb has gone with Wine etc and I can see that I'm going to run out of space very shortly whilst I have plenty of room on my /root.

So the questions are:
1. Why do certain programmes install to /home and not /root?
2. If there is good reason to leave things as they are, can I easily change the size of my partitions using a utility with an idiot-resistant GUI? Gparted seems clunky and nerve-wracking.....

I'd quite like not to have to reinstall the OS again as (due to the Log-In Loop of Death coming to visit) I have done this 5 times already. With this practice, I've got quite good but would still prefer to avoid having to hone my skills yet further, if possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock