USA Debt Crisis

We've already started adjusting by realising the first step that we have a problem in the West. 2nd step will be resolution.

So you would hope. Like the soviets hoped after Afghanistan took them down. Some problems just cannot be fixed.

A few years back I could buy a full set of letter trays for £5. Now it costs £5 just to buy 1 tray and the connecting rods between the trays have to be bought separately. Things are seriously fuxed up out there, and most people don't even know it.

So what do you think... will the US or EU topple first? Or will it be a double dip, get it? LOL..... :LOL:

hopefully neither :eek: i sincerely hope the EU can survive in it's current state (single currency etc) i love

i think the US can get out of the mess it's in it will just take expansionary monetary policy and commitment to reducing the government deficit. inflation targets should be scrapped, there is no reason to worry about inflation for the moment in times of crisis (of course, leave this too long and we get ridiculousness)

a caveat: i stated it will take expansionary monetary policy because without that the effect of decreasing the government deficit will likely lead to riots and social unrest as the economy shrinks.

the US populace will have to eat their peas (rofl seriously best line to come out of american politics since "i did not have sexual relations with that woman")

Obama: "eat yo' peas!"

You should move to North Korea Atilla, I think you would be so much happier there.

Heard of maximising profits?

Well that's not the case for building capitalist perfectly competitive market theorem on is it???? You think about that for a moment...

Maximising management bonus is what new capitalist theory should be built on. This is today...

See where it leads you...

You are funny and not a thinking person NT. You need to learn to challenge and add ingredients to the pot not just stir the same old dung...

Heard of maximising profits?

Well that's not the case for building capitalist perfectly competitive market theorem on is it???? You think about that for a moment...

Maximising management bonus is what new capitalist theory should be built on. This is today...

See where it leads you...

You are funny and not a thinking person NT. You need to learn to challenge and add ingredients to the pot not just stir the same old dung...

Atilla, you think something new needs to be tried and you think you know what it is. I am using examples in History to show you what has worked and what has never worked.

Atilla, you think something new needs to be tried and you think you know what it is. I am using examples in History to show you what has worked and what has never worked.

Everything in life changes. There is no destination but one continuous journey.

Live is about evolution not about a starting and stopping point...

You saying capitalism is perfect and can't be approved?

:confused:

I think he does approve of capitalism, that's the point he's trying to make, isn't it?

Erm that's improved not approved... :eek:

My angle is that these big corporations need to change their moral code and add some public life improving objectives to their mission statements.

Just pursuing management bonuse, risk taking and returning shareholder value stuff are fast becoming false premises to our working ethics.

The world is simply not enough for mans greed. It will end in disintegration...

Erm that's improved not approved... :eek:

My angle is that these big corporations need to change their moral code and add some public life improving objectives to their mission statements.

Just pursuing management bonuse, risk taking and returning shareholder value stuff are fast becoming false premises to our working ethics.

The world is simply not enough for mans greed. It will end in disintegration...

Absolute nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilded_age

"The Gilded Age saw the greatest period of economic growth in American history. After the short-lived panic of 1873, the economy recovered with the advent of hard money policies and industrialization."

The world hasn't ended has it?

Absolute nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilded_age

"The Gilded Age saw the greatest period of economic growth in American history. After the short-lived panic of 1873, the economy recovered with the advent of hard money policies and industrialization."

The world hasn't ended has it?

I don't think that you are right on this one, NT, much as I wish you were.

1873 is not 2011. There do not seem to be any worries, from most people, about the 9 billions of humans that are going to be here within 40 years. Neither have I heard any comment about the next 50 years, which is just around the corner. How many will we be, then?

The human being is a self destructive species, but wars do not kill enough off. Lack of food and disease will do that.

They say that human inventiveness will get food from God knows where, and that we will be fine. Some will be fine, but the famine of Somaliland will spread, bringing more immigrants into the more plentiful parts of the world.

This has been mentioned so many times but a decade has passed, already, and there seems to be nothing done about the 9 billions, except resignation.

saw on the news car manufacturers in the US have increased production and are hiring more people

yay the US will start exporting more consumer durables, it won't solve the debt crisis but hell it's a step in the right direction.

and atilla i have a question for you:

wtf bro... just... wtf? i read your posts and i facepalm then i read another of your posts and i headdesk somehow a brilliant thread about the debt crisis in the US turned into hating on top management for taking bonuses

eat yo' peas...

saw on the news car manufacturers in the US have increased production and are hiring more people

yay the US will start exporting more consumer durables, it won't solve the debt crisis but hell it's a step in the right direction.

and atilla i have a question for you:

wtf bro... just... wtf? i read your posts and i facepalm then i read another of your posts and i headdesk somehow a brilliant thread about the debt crisis in the US turned into hating on top management for taking bonuses

eat yo' peas...

I don't hate anyone but you... sod off... ;)

Capitalism ain't what it's cracked up to be...

I think this is definitely a good move by the US government.

We need accountability. Repackaging these subprime mortgages as safe A class bonds by world renoun banks should not evade the fact they were duds.

US 'to sue a dozen banks over housing bubble mortgages'

Jolly good show by the US imho... (y)

Tax payer should claim back monies given to these banks... Period. UK should follow suit.

PS - UK is already losing its financial strength to the Europeans and in particular to Germany... Beware! Finance service sector likely to follow ship building and the railways until some good strong regulation of these capitalist yobs take place:!:

Capitalism ain't what it's cracked up to be...

I think this is definitely a good move by the US government.

We need accountability. Repackaging these subprime mortgages as safe A class bonds by world renoun banks should not evade the fact they were duds.

US 'to sue a dozen banks over housing bubble mortgages'

Jolly good show by the US imho... (y)

Tax payer should claim back monies given to these banks... Period. UK should follow suit.

PS - UK is already losing its financial strength to the Europeans and in particular to Germany... Beware! Finance service sector likely to follow ship building and the railways until some good strong regulation of these capitalist yobs take place:!:

You seem to be a decent bloke Atilla, but you really are clueless and a complete and utter sucker for Government propaganda. How can you be so seriously naive? The US government encouraged the banks to make loans available to everyone (sub-prime included) which is why they guaranteed them. They bailed out the banks that were to big to fail and now they are going to sue them! They will need the money again, and they'll get it in another bailout.

Read this document from the Boston Fed if you doubt me:

http://www.bos.frb.org/commdev/closing-the-gap/closingt.pdf

Closing the Gap:
A Guide To Equal Opportunity Lending

This publication offers a program for financial institutions seeking to apply their mortgage lending standards in accordance with equal opportunity goals and to expand their activity in underserved minority markets. Banks, mortgage companies, and other lenders subject to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) are referred to as “financial institutions” or “lenders.” Specific recommendations are followed by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s conclusions with respect to fair lending challenges. The recommendations are geared primarily to mortgage products but they may be modified to address small business, commercial, and consumer lending. A summary of fair lending laws is also provided.