Best Thread US day traders thread.

BlueChip Trader said:
In my view the Genesis Laser level II platform is excellent. It's fully configurable and above all it's lightening fast.

http://www.gndt.com/

Hi Blue Chip

The Laser Platform is by far and away the fastest and most accurate of all platforms out there right now

A good fellow countryman named Ian has tweaked that Laser Platform to it's full extent.

we have trailing stops, stop sell buttons and you can bracket your trades everytime you enter short or long..

truly amazing piece of work it brings a great degree of safety to the game with out emtoitons so traders can become more mechanical

all of us are using it with great pleasure...

best regards

jerry

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Blue Chip

The Laser Platform is by far and away the fastest and most accurate of all platforms out there right now

A good fellow countryman named Ian has tweaked that Laser Platform to it's full extent.

we have trailing stops, stop sell buttons and you can bracket your trades everytime you enter short or long..

truly amazing piece of work it brings a great degree of safety to the game with out emtoitons so traders can become more mechanical

best regards

jerry
Hi Jerry. Laser is the best platform i've ever used. So I totally agree with you on that.

By the way. Did you guys catch NYX. My first real succesful NYSE trade. Long at 68,04 average. Out half around 70 and the rest 71,62 average. Very nice and predictable.

-Dave.

Hi Dave

we do ont trade nyse stocks...

we nailed AAPL & BRCM 5 times this am all winners

what a start...

good luck

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Dave

what a start...

good luck

I had a few slices of aapl but I think I was just jammy its moving well.

don't forget dvdh I think jerry said he doesn't use L2 to really watch for MM shakes and fakes.

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Dave

what a start...

good luck
HI Jerry,

I usually don't trade NYSE either. But I just had to do this NYX trade. B-E-A-utiful. LOL. Too bad it's not shortable yet. There were some nice shorts too.
The morning has been great indeed so far. Caught the short in RIMM and the long from the lows. Still long right now. SNDK was a nice trade. And a couple really nice trades on GOOG.

-DAve.

samtron said:
I had a few slices of aapl but I think I was just jammy its moving well.

don't forget dvdh I think jerry said he doesn't use L2 to really watch for MM shakes and fakes.[/QUOTE

Hiya Samtron

did you happen to catch tjhoser 2 fabulous shorts yesterday??? MRVL & ENER??? perfect triggers...just perrty

as for Level II i never use it..

just an old fashioned chartist at heart

i use the 5 minute time frame and the 20 ema...

watching a few momentum indicators too

thats it..
KISS is the best way to go...

have a great day

I don't know but the bottom could fall out of sndk, anyway its on my radar watch at the moment

nice alerts yesterday jerry keep up the good work!

samtron said:
I don't know but the bottom could fall out of sndk, anyway its on my radar watch at the moment

nice alerts yesterday jerry keep up the good work!
53 sold would be nice.

-DAve.

its gone for a walk but I've got my eyes on the b***er!
yes dave great point as always!

Hi Bez,
I see you're viewing the thread. It's been a while since you posted. Are you gonna join us again any time soon? That would be really nice!

-Dave.

GUYS,

BIIB is gonna resume trading 15 minutes after the close. For the high beta traders, this is the one to trade. It's gonna rock.

-Dave.

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Blue Chip

we have trailing stops, stop sell buttons and you can bracket your trades every time you enter short or long..

best regards

jerry

Hi Jerry,

I sure like tweaked version of your platform and you so right about becoming mechanical. This game is all about controlling emotions and reducing risk. Anything that can help in this regard is welcome.

Regards,
Zahid

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Dave

what a start...

good luck

I don't trade that many NYSE stocks but I particularly like SLB because it gives so many opportunities intraday and trends smoothly. It tends to follow markets rather well too.

Attachments

• SLB-DOW-07-03-3.gif
    SLB-DOW-07-03-3.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 245
dvdh said:
I think you can only keep a USD account at genesis. But you can hedge your currency risk with options or futures, of course that's gonna cost you a little premium. But if you wanna be safe of course that's the way to do it. If you don't do a lot of intraday trades and if you don't trade size, it's better to be at IB I'm sure. But if you want good rates and a competitive platform you should make the transition IMO. You have to trade a little size then, otherwise the overhead costs are gonna be too big.

-Dave.

Thanks Dave, useful info.
Had also wondered about hedging currency risk with one of the UK spread betting companies,
is there anyone out there who already does this? Just want to make sure that I'm not missing any obvious pitfalls.
Thanks all,
hampy

Had also wondered about hedging currency risk with one of the UK spread betting companies,
is there anyone out there who already does this?

Using a SB company as a way to hedge is not good practice in my view.

Paul

BlueChip Trader said:
I don't trade that many NYSE stocks but I particularly like SLB because it gives so many opportunities intraday and trends smoothly. It tends to follow markets rather well too.

Hi Blue Chip

These Oil stocks do trend well. I normally trade the OIH (oil stocks tracking index) and yesterday was a nice day.

hampy said:
Thanks Dave, useful info.
is there anyone out there who already does this? Just want to make sure that I'm not missing any obvious pitfalls.
Thanks all,
hampy

I guess if you don't want to use IB, then you just take it on the chin as one of the con's of trading the US.

I personally am not hedging this risk, but at a simplistic level, I will be looking for the dollar to get stronger before I do transfer any monies back to pounds and if transferring pounds to dollars I will be looking for the dollar to weaken.

I transferred my money back in October when the rate was about 1.75, its now around 1.736, therefore, for example, £10,000 became $17,500. Now if I want to transfer this back to pounds, at today's rate, I would be up by £80, as $17,500 / 1.736 = £10,080

So as you can see, an approx 150 pip movement in 6 months has only changed the above example by £80.

Regards
Pitbull