Best Thread US day traders thread.

Rimm

dvdh said:
Yeah, there were some nice swings indeed in RIMM. Tomorrow it might rock a little more, when we break out of today's range!
-Dave
Hi All,
Anyone who has RIMM on their radar today might want to take a brief gander at the longer term perspective. The attached weekly chart shows the significance of yesterday's action - especially the high. The green resistance line indicates the top of the range that the stock has been trading within since January of last year. IMO, it's quite soft, that is to say that it's a moveable feast. Some traders might draw resistance at the high of the 'Shooting Star' candle from the last week of May 2005. RIMM's movement today - or lack of it - could be dependant upon where traders and investors perceive resistance to be. A strong and decisive move up or down could make for a profitable day's trading for you guys. But, price could just decide to spend the day meandering around the $84.00 level, which could become frustrating for some. And we all know what frustration leads to - unless tight discipline is maintained! (It's too early in the day to mention that filthy four letter word, l**s!)
:|
Tim.

Attachments

• RIMM_06.03.06.PNG
    RIMM_06.03.06.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 194
timsk said:
Hi All,
Anyone who has RIMM on their radar today might want to take a brief gander at the longer term perspective. The attached weekly chart shows the significance of yesterday's action - especially the high. The green resistance line indicates the top of the range that the stock has been trading within since January of last year. IMO, it's quite soft, that is to say that it's a moveable feast. Some traders might draw resistance at the high of the 'Shooting Star' candle from the last week of May 2005. RIMM's movement today - or lack of it - could be dependant upon where traders and investors perceive resistance to be. A strong and decisive move up or down could make for a profitable day's trading for you guys. But, price could just decide to spend the day meandering around the $84.00 level, which could become frustrating for some. And we all know what frustration leads to - unless tight discipline is maintained! (It's too early in the day to mention that filthy four letter word, l**s!)
:|
Tim.
Thanks a lot Tim. RIMM will probably break out of yesterday's range today. We'll see. But this thing is gonna move this week for sure.On Apr. 9th, they announce earnings. So I have it on my core list.

-Dave

Morning Dave

we traded RIMM yesterday as well. it was very good on dip buys<g>

I am expecting a continuation of this correction today as i did not like last Friday's sticks on the daily charts.

Gravestone Doji's everywhere...

watch MRVL if it cracks 61.00 today could real plunge hard

best

jerry

Jerry Olson said:
Morning Dave

I am expecting a continuation of this correction today as i did not like last Friday's sticks on the daily charts.

best

jerry
Yeah. In my opinion the move was a little exaggerated, but then again I might be totally wrong. We'll see today. Yeah, MRVL looks good indeed when it goes through 61. Good luck today guys.

-Dave.

Jerry Olson said:
Morning Dave

best

jerry

Thanks for the alert Jerry. Set-up as you say looks good
Have a good one.

dvdh said:
Thanks a lot Tim. RIMM will probably break out of yesterday's range today. We'll see. But this thing is gonna move this week for sure.On Apr. 9th, they announce earnings. So I have it on my core list.

-Dave
Dave just checked diary for RIMM, earning release is down for the 6 th April not the 9th.
Wouldn't want you to miss the action :)

good-luck for the morning session guys.
see ya latter, I have done my prep, so off to starbucks for a cuppa :D

samtron said:
Thanks for the alert Jerry. Set-up as you say looks good
Have a good one.

OK SAMTRON

watch ENER it too could plunge if crude falls...short trigger is about 44.95

good luck today

To add to the mixer,

65 is key for AAPL, might be good for bounce off support. If broken then 63 is in play, which is the lows from October.

samtron said:
Dave just checked diary for RIMM, earning release is down for the 6 th April not the 9th.
Wouldn't want you to miss the action :)

good-luck for the morning session guys.
see ya latter, I have done my prep, so off to starbucks for a cuppa :D
You're right samtron. My mistake.

-Dave.

Short RIMM at 81.6 and 81.5, bought back half at 80.95. Letting the rest run.

MRVL out at 59.84 average. Going back short on new lows. My entry was a little late.

Closed position in RIMM 81.45 average.
Had a big loss on BRCM this morning. Lost my internet connection. But doing OK again. I heard a bank had a big error in the S&P pit just 15 minutes ago. We went down from the 10.15 high because of this guy getting out of his position.

-Dave.

great stuff dave!
I've had finger problems this morning, finger hitting the mouse buy button all on its own! (must see my doctor about that twitch) got out for scratch.
another time I bought the wrong stock entirely (ib interactive not that brilliant) +2 cents LOL

samtron said:
great stuff dave!
I've had finger problems this morning, finger hitting the mouse buy button all on its own! (must see my doctor about that twitch) got out for scratch.
another time I bought the wrong stock entirely (ib interactive not that brilliant) +2 cents LOL
Today wasn't that brilliant either. It's been a little boring. Maybe in the afternoon we'll get some action.

-Dave.

tough tough day!

Don't know about you guys, but after scraping out a small profit from this morning's session, tonight has not been too clever either. Had to take anything on offer, profits wise. However, my old favourite RIMM, was nice from 81.04 to 81.62.

BRCM didn't seem to wanna pop 46.25 from a nice cup and handle pattern.

Hope you guys done OK.

PitBull said:
tough tough day!

Don't know about you guys, but after scraping out a small profit from this morning's session, tonight has not been too clever either. Had to take anything on offer, profits wise. However, my old favourite RIMM, was nice from 81.04 to 81.62.

BRCM didn't seem to wanna pop 46.25 from a nice cup and handle pattern.

Hope you guys done OK.
Yeah it's been a really tough day. Hopefully tomorrow's a bit better. Not a losing day for me though. But nothing really followed through.

-Dave.

hey guys still 25 minutes to go!! leaving work early?
good call on mrvl and rimm today by some one (jerry I think/cheers)

The guys in dvdh's pit have been busy today.

the match is on tv tonight.
hope to catch the second half with a glass or two (coffee) :cheesy: after nine.

have a good one