Best Thread US day traders thread.

Fellas,
I am going to be trained by Richard very soon. Can't wait !!! Subscribed to eSignal and opened account with IB. Do you guys get your level2 from eSignal?

Pitbull, read many of your previous posts on this thread. Greatly inspired by your success (and the fact that you had a day job but still made it) in a relatively short period of time through hard work and discipline...

dvdh, you are an exceptionally helpful and selfless person who just gives. Thanks for all your help through PM and your general trading comments here.

This is the best thread on T2W by far at this moment. You guys are great. Hope to join your discussion as a Nasdaq day-trader soon.

Shame Richard and Alan don't post anymore. Great loss.

OpenMind said:
Fellas,
Pitbull, read many of your previous posts on this thread. Greatly inspired by your success (and the fact that you had a day job but still made it) in a relatively short period of time through hard work and discipline...

dvdh, you are an exceptionally helpful and selfless person who just gives. Thanks for all your help through PM and your general trading comments here.

A BIG ditto from me, without dvdh and PitBull being so generous with their help and input this thread wouldn't really be a patch on what it is. Thanks guys your both definetly on my xmas card list. :D

welcome to the Nasdaq OpenMind.
I use level ii from esignal and its pretty good, I don't think you would want much more if your just starting out. Ask Mr C when you see him, he would know better than anyone I would think

OpenMind said:
Fellas,
I am going to be trained by Richard very soon.

Good man, way to go!

OpenMind said:
Subscribed to eSignal and opened account with IB. Do you guys get your level2 from eSignal?

You may well have already done this, but make sure they switch the ECN books on! Doesn't cost anything extra. If they haven't, their customer service bods in London are sound I found, and will sort it for you straight away.

OpenMind said:
Fellas,
I am going to be trained by Richard very soon. Can't wait !!! Subscribed to eSignal and opened account with IB. Do you guys get your level2 from eSignal?

This is the best thread on T2W by far at this moment. You guys are great. Hope to join your discussion as a Nasdaq day-trader soon.

Welcome OpenMind

Glad to have you onboard. :LOL:
Many thanks for your kind words. Don't be afraid to post, no question is silly and there are plenty of genuine people here to help.

Have a good day with Richard soon.

All the best
p.s A few earnings reports after hours, PIXR beat estimates by 7 cents, up 22. DBRN beat by 7 now up 68, TTWO missed estimates by 30 but up 65, MATK +10.6% (beat by $0.07, beat on revs

Just a couple to watch, together with my fav's at mo: RIMM, MRVL, BRCM, AAPL

Last edited:
Openmind,

It depends on what you want from your Level II platform. You can either have Level II information only or you can go for direct access Level II which allows you to trade directly from the Level II screen. The best for this in my view is Direct Access Elite.

Paul

I absolutely support Paul's recommendation for DAE. A superb platform.

I think you can get a demo account so you can 'try before you buy'.

OpenMind said:
Fellas,

Hi OM,

You're welcome. And welcome to the thread.

-Dave.

samtron said:
A BIG ditto from me, without dvdh and PitBull being so generous with their help and input this thread wouldn't really be a patch on what it is. Thanks guys your both definetly on my xmas card list. :D

welcome to the Nasdaq OpenMind.
I use level ii from esignal and its pretty good, I don't think you would want much more if your just starting out. Ask Mr C when you see him, he would know better than anyone I would think
Thank you, Samtron. Level II from eSignal is good. You see what you need to see on it. It's only has a 1 second delay, compared to my trading system.

-Dave.

OpenMind said:
Fellas,

In my view the Genesis Laser level II platform is excellent. It's fully configurable and above all it's lightening fast.

http://www.gndt.com/

BlueChip Trader said:
In my view the Genesis Laser level II platform is excellent. It's fully configurable and above all it's lightening fast.

http://www.gndt.com/
I use Laser too. But the problem with Laser is, that it's Totalview instead of Level II. You don't see what you need to see on Totalview. But indeed, Laser is the fastest professional trading system around. It is the only order-entry application that is NASDAQ Platinum Certified, the rest is all for market-making. Check the link: http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/cp/

-Dave.

Hey guys talking about esignal and L2, on some other L2 systems I have seen it possible to tag a particular MM by a single mouse click, which is really useful for following that MM when the action gets hectic. However with esignal the only way I have found of doing the same thing requires 3/4 mouse clicks by which time the action is normally over. Does anyone know of a quicker way?

two down days on the trot for the s&p with a nice hammer off the 50ma, could today be bullish :arrowu:

dvdh said:
I use Laser too. But the problem with Laser is, that it's Totalview instead of Level II. You don't see what you need to see on Totalview. But indeed, Laser is the fastest professional trading system around. It is the only order-entry application that is NASDAQ Platinum Certified, the rest is all for market-making. Check the link: http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/cp/

-Dave.

Cheers Dave, I have just watched the video, very impressed.
I am convinced the guy giving the presentation is you in disguise :cheesy:

IB v DAE v GENESIS v TRADESTATION

Hi folks,
Obviously there is a cross section of opinions about the pros and cons of the various platforms, but being UK based IB allows you to keep your a/c in Sterling, avoiding any currency risk, do the other systems have this facility, if not do you feel that this is a problem?
Thanks in advance,
Hampy

samtron said:
Cheers Dave, I have just watched the video, very impressed.
I am convinced the guy giving the presentation is you in disguise :cheesy:
Haha. No. It's not me.

-Dave.

hampy said:
Hi folks,
Obviously there is a cross section of opinions about the pros and cons of the various platforms, but being UK based IB allows you to keep your a/c in Sterling, avoiding any currency risk, do the other systems have this facility, if not do you feel that this is a problem?
Thanks in advance,
Hampy
I think you can only keep a USD account at genesis. But you can hedge your currency risk with options or futures, of course that's gonna cost you a little premium. But if you wanna be safe of course that's the way to do it. If you don't do a lot of intraday trades and if you don't trade size, it's better to be at IB I'm sure. But if you want good rates and a competitive platform you should make the transition IMO. You have to trade a little size then, otherwise the overhead costs are gonna be too big.

-Dave.

A few things going on today that you should be aware of:

Energy inventories @ 10.30
OPEC meeting
and..
the FED is speaking so everyone will be tuning in looking for the bias towards continued rate hikes.

Nasdaq heavyweight GOOG is trading down $10 bucks due to 8k filing report last night which inadvertently contained certain annotated comments not intended to be presented at Analyst Day,

Good luck

Guys, you might wanna keep an eye on NYX. It's going public today and short selling is of course not allowed on an IPO, only ARCA shareholders can sell stock according to CNBC. This thing might just skyrocket on the open. Take a look at CME and CBOT IPO's all very succesfull.

-Dave.

PitBull said:
A few things going on today that you should be aware of:

Energy inventories @ 10.30
OPEC meeting
and..
the FED is speaking so everyone will be tuning in looking for the bias towards continued rate hikes.

Nasdaq heavyweight GOOG is trading down $10 bucks due to 8k filing report last night which inadvertently contained certain annotated comments not intended to be presented at Analyst Day,

Good luck
Yes indeed, Lee. GOOG is also one to watch. Good luck today guys.

By the way, the FED might actually move the market today if they say things about inflation. Remember the bond yields are at longtime highs. We might actually have a good day today.

-Dave.

Mar 08 12:00 Las Vegas Fed Chairman Bernanke speaks on banking in Vegas.

The day offers up a couple of monetary policy speakers including the somewhat "outspoken" Poole, the St. Louis Fed pres, who's Reuters interview earlier this week got a general market response saying that strong numbers will spur further rate hikes. Poole will be talking housing locally. Later, 12:00, new Fed-head Bernanke goes up before a private community banking meeting in Vegas to speak on ...banking.

SNDK selling off pre market, down $1.75 due FLSH acquisition.

Let's bring it on!