dvdh said:
My trades this afternoon:
joyg: long at 50.56 out at 51
rmbs: short at 31.75 and 31.50 bougt back at 31.40 and 31.37
aapl: long at 69.40 out at 69.60
sndk: long at 61.42 out at 61.38
aapl: short at 69.15 out and out at 68.89
aapl: long at 68.90 out and out at 68.97
aapl: short at 68.75 and covered at 68,65 and scratched a little at 68,75.
goog: short at 363.50 and covered at 361.04
biib: short at 46 and out again at 46.82
goog: short 363 and covered at 362.48
goog: short at 360 and out at 358.75
goog: short at 358.05 and out at 358.99

These are the trades that I did the last two hours.

I'll try to do some live, when I got the time for it.

Very nice Jerry.

-Dave.

Thanks for taking the time to post these, Dave. Great to know.

Good trading

Hung

Would the moderators please tell TheBramble to stop sending me weird PM's.

-Dave.

Cigar said:
has anyone any suggestions for a proxy for the oil sector.. just to watch for general direction, not to trade. I'm using $XOI .. is there anything better

In addition to OIH (drillers), have look at XLE (AMEX energy)

Been Paper trading AAPL with IB's paper trade facility.

It cannot be this easy can it?

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Been Paper trading AAPL with IB's paper trade facility.

It cannot be this easy can it?

JonnyT
Yes it really is that easy. I heard IB checks the size and everything so the fill is like a real fill. The only difference with live trading is of course emotions emotions and emotions.
Don't know how much experience you have. That's the only difference.

-Dave.

day trader

dvdh said:
Yes it really is that easy. I heard IB checks the size and everything so the fill is like a real fill. The only difference with live trading is of course emotions emotions and emotions.
Don't know how much experience you have. That's the only difference.

-Dave.

Now all you need is £25K and you are off on a new career ;)

Anyone know whats up with RIMM and SNDK today?

JT As I am sure you are aware from your 4X forays money on the LINE makes it a totally different ball game (my edge is to always wear brown pants )cheesy:

neil said:
Now all you need is £25K and you are off on a new career ;)
Yeah!. LOL.

I bet a 10 year old would make a better trader than a 30 or 40 year old. It's all between the ears. All professional profitable traders have no emotions. They just trade what they see and their opinion isn't gonna get them in or out of their positions.

What do you guys think about that. Isn't trading all about managing emotions, fear and greed?

-Dave.

samtron said:

JT As I am sure you are aware from your 4X forays money on the LINE makes it a totally different ball game (my edge is to always wear brown pants )cheesy:
No action in RIMM and SNDK today it looks like. Moves like the index, only a little weaker.

-Dave.

emotions

dvdh said:
Yeah!. LOL.

I bet a 10 year old would make a better trader than a 30 or 40 year old. It's all between the ears. All professional profitable traders have no emotions. They just trade what they see and their opinion isn't gonna get them in or out of their positions.

What do you guys think about that. Isn't trading all about managing emotions, fear and greed?

-Dave.

Agreed - I will never forget that feeling of panic when I first put real dosh on the line - every rise or fall of the candle engendered alternate levels of euphoria or dread. The trades left to run past stops, the early profit grabs. Seems I've come full circle from initially reading piles of books or following the latest system on message boards until I've ended up using the KISS principle - no indicators, flashing lights - just price as a main guide. And I've graduated to khaki pants nowadays :D

Last edited:
Had a really nice day today on ADSK. Traded like I was taught to and it worked a charm. Entry based on a call of the scanner. You're absolutely right about it being in the head Dave, and I got it spot on today... Must have been "Trading in the Zone" arriving just before the market opened lol and I hadn't even unwrapped it :cheesy:

That's it for me today :)

Attachments

• ADSK 060301.JPG
    ADSK 060301.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Trade 06.03.01.jpg
    Trade 06.03.01.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 209
dvdh said:
Would the moderators please tell TheBramble to stop sending me weird PM's.

-Dave.
Dave, you could have done that yourself via PM. The fact you've posted indicates you want to play games.

Post ALL my PMs in full and without any edit. Only if you're willing to post all your replies to me too, also unedited.

jimmy1jag said:
Had a really nice day today on ADSK. Traded like I was taught to and it worked a charm. Entry based on a call of the scanner. You're absolutely right about it being in the head Dave, and I got it spot on today... Must have been "Trading in the Zone" arriving just before the market opened lol and I hadn't even unwrapped it :cheesy:

Good on ya.

-Dave.

samtron said:

Its ok, esignal wasn't updating my charts for those two stocks (strange), closing esignal down and rebooting it cleared the problem.

Before I realised I actually traded sndk off a frozen chart! (lost 2 cents :devilish: )LOL

jimmy1jag said:

LOL many a true word spoken in jest.

I think I got some of Jerry's L2 fakeheads today.. AAPL took me 3 times in a row about 3.30, when I was looking for a break. C'est la guerre..
Lots of stocks trading in their 30 min range.. tells you something