Best Thread US day traders thread.

Has anyone got a list of all MM ECNs etc or a link to same?

(anyone catch the nice break on the bookseller just now? -:)

millsy500 said:
Whats the seminar on sat people? Is it free?

Millsy

Hi Millsy

yes it is free. It's about the Via Trader scanner.

At Heathrow Holiday Inn

Regards

Aapl

AAPL has been the icing on the cake :LOL:

on top of
ANTP
KOMG
MRVL
ADRX
RMBS

I traded AAPL post market for the first time and made the quickest 4 bucks in 1 min I have ever made.

I think I will continue this post market trading throughout earnings :cool:

Attachments

• AAPL.jpg
    AAPL.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 239
PitBull said:
AAPL has been the icing on the cake :LOL:

on top of
ANTP
KOMG
MRVL
ADRX
RMBS

I traded AAPL post market for the first time and made the quickest 4 bucks in 1 min I have ever made.

PitBull
great move! :eek: (Naz would be proud of you -:) )
with this type of play does the move normally coincide the the time of the EA?

MarkB
Thanks for the link thats exactly what I was after!

Cigar

Yes those stocks I traded intraday were part of the Via Scanner. Doesn't do post market.

Fokjock

Can't recollect you asking me about Via Trader. Was this via a PM as have no trace.

PitBull said:
Cigar

Yes those stocks I traded intraday were part of the Via Scanner. Doesn't do post market.

Fokjock

Can't recollect you asking me about Via Trader. Was this via a PM as have no trace.

Yes it was a PM-perhaps you missed it

PitBull said:

How about Pre-market :)?
PIXR might be worth a look after the news late last night/early this morning that Disney are in serious discussions to buy.

Earnings

In case it's useful, here's a list of the Nasdaq stocks that announced last night:
AAPL :)))
CTXS
EBAY
HTCH
IIVI
LRCX
NVEC
QLGC
WSTL
And those announcing pre-open:
AVCT
LOGI
CCBL
CHIC
EXAR
NITE
LOGI

Really nice steady run up on LRCX post-market to take it over 42 from 38.32.

Attachments

• lrcx.jpg
    lrcx.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Gadgetman said:
In case it's useful, here's a list of the Nasdaq stocks that announced last night:
AAPL :))) CTXS EBAY HTCH IIVI LRCX NVEC QLGC WSTL
And those announcing pre-open:
AVCT LOGI CCBL CHIC EXAR NITE LOGI

Really nice steady run up on LRCX post-market to take it over 42 from 38.32.

Nice run Dave!

Your list: was that off Briefing.com or somewhere else?

There's a nice section in there called earnings surprises... don't know how relevant this is though as I haven't yet had the opportunity to test out its potential as an aid. (BTW testing for me doesn't mean bazillions of spreadsheets linked to datafeeds going back to 1929 and all that guff! - more like, have a look see... that works/ that doesn't work... do it/ don't do it!)

jimmy1jag said:
Nice run Dave!

Your list: was that off Briefing.com or somewhere else?

There's a nice section in there called earnings surprises... don't know how relevant this is though as I haven't yet had the opportunity to test out its potential as an aid. (BTW testing for me doesn't mean bazillions of spreadsheets linked to datafeeds going back to 1929 and all that guff! - more like, have a look see... that works/ that doesn't work... do it/ don't do it!)

Well, if the list was off a subscription service such as Briefing.com it might be considered proprietrary information - so let's assume I got it from MSN.

I haven't looked at the surprises part of Briefing.com yet either but you just reminded me I did look at the Insider Trading site somebody mentioned previously on this thread. I'll look back tonight and post, it was quite interesting.

Pre-market

Well didn't trade PIXR but did get into EBAY. In at 45.20 and out at 45.79.

Premarket is good for a novice because it's a lot easier to follow the MMs on Level 2 - MSCO was main player when I traded and I just followed him up on the ask and had my stop below his bid.

Potential downfalls seem to be wider spreads and slower fills.

Pitbull: Thanks for the help in getting TradeStation to let me trade pre-market and also for showing me the "Improve" option - very handy to be able to get in and out quickly by going in a cent higher than current ask and getting out a cent lower than bid!