Best Thread US day traders thread.

PitBull said:
A few nice trades today.

One thanks to Samtron on RIMM for a quick collapse.
An all day run on BCRX, getting out before sell off
and a breakout on SNDK @ 71, with me and Gadgetman riding this to 72

had a couple of losses on RMBS, so overall a very good day indeed.

Some charts attached.

BTW. Just looked at INTC, IBM and YHOO results. Not great as missed earnings forecasts. YHOO trading down $4.5 and GOOG is down in sympathy. So tomorrow looks like we're gonna be in for a hell of a day! :cool:
Yes excellent trade on BCRX Lee. Put it on first thing in the morning, get stopped out just before end of day after it's moved nearly $3. If only they were all like that :)

Never mind about RMBS, you made money on it Friday night......

See you at the Heathrow seminar Saturday - anyone else from this thread going?

great trading by you guys, but for me I think all my different keyboards got in my way :)

What time does the seminar start/finish Gadgetman?

Last edited:
Caught the breakout of $21 on BCRX for my 1st $ run since learning to do this properly (deffo the right thing to do). Still working on the discipline bit though! Need to practise and get it right consistently... but improving!

Just booked my place so I'll see you guys there!

It starts at 9.45 Samtron, so no lie in Sat morning! Goes on till 12.15 if I remember right.

samtron said:
great trading by you guys, but for me I think all my different keyboards got in my way :)

What time does the seminar start/finish Gadgetman?
James had the times right. I heard about it thanks to BlueChip Trader.

Not sure about the rules re promoting events on the forums so I'll PM you the url.

How did you find BCRX? was it a scan or was there News?

2 evening trades, Long CELG for 50c at 19.55ish and RIMM (o dear)(someone had to short at the very bottom looking for the b/out below 79.00) :))

Still, we live to fight another day. Happy hunting today.. I hear the Japanese markets have closed early due to big falls.

BCRX was mentioned in the news - I use briefing.com - and probably lit up in most scanners on the basis of pre-market activity - gap on volume.

Managed to get into yahoo at 37.5 post market, anyone else manage to get in earlier ?

Mark

Cigar said:

2 evening trades, Long CELG for 50c at 19.55ish and RIMM (o dear)(someone had to short at the very bottom looking for the b/out below 79.00) :))

Still, we live to fight another day. Happy hunting today.. I hear the Japanese markets have closed early due to big falls.

Attachments

• yhoo.jpg
    yhoo.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 198
Cigar said:

Hi there Cigar and welcome to the board.

Nice trades! Especially that you caught the RIMM collapse as well.

I use Briefing.com and you want the live in play bit. This was a strong story stock and there was massive pre market and open volume on this, so it had the potential to run all day. I played it really lazy and just trailed my stop up and didn't look at it too much.

laytonm said:
BCRX was mentioned in the news - I use briefing.com - and probably lit up in most scanners on the basis of pre-market activity - gap on volume.

Managed to get into yahoo at 37.5 post market, anyone else manage to get in earlier ?

Mark

Hi Mark

Nice to see your trades. As always, excellent stuff. I thought about trading post market last night but gave it a miss as something came up.

I see all the other tech stocks have dropped in sympathy as well. Should prove an interesting day.

jimmy1jag said:
Caught the breakout of $21 on BCRX for my 1st $ run since learning to do this properly (deffo the right thing to do). Still working on the discipline bit though! Need to practise and get it right consistently... but improving!

Great stuff Jim.

I played this for the longer move. This is something I have in the back in my mind, especially if its a story stock. At times I look for small moves to get my account in profit. At other times, Im looking for the bigger moves. Obviously I don't form an opinion that this WILL be a big move, but I will tend to ride out the wiggles and jiggles a bit more and trail my stop, rather than exit.
A good way to play the longer moves is to bank half profits and let the other half run.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

All the best

jimmy1jag said:
Just booked my place so I'll see you guys there!

It starts at 9.45 Samtron, so no lie in Sat morning! Goes on till 12.15 if I remember right.

sadly I'm no longer in the smoke, so it would mean a very early start for me (not sure I can make it yet thou )

Yahoo

Anyone NOT watching YHOO for a trade today?

Or has it found it's level post/pre-market?...........

Leading Market Makers

For those interested in identifying the Ax on level 2, I have attached a quick reference guide detailing the three leading Market-makers (Ax's) based on year to date volume of shares transacted for the most popular stocks

Please feel free to add any stocks not present and share with the thread.

I hope you find this useful.

Attachments

• Nasdaq Leading Market Makers.xls
    82 KB · Views: 575
Hi Guys,

I am late in following this thread so I would appreciate it if you didn't request I read up on the previous 119 pages to catch up with your current discussions. :)

I trade US stocks eod using a mechanical based system and would like to contribute regularly as well as feed off of some of your discussions if thats ok. Does anyone else here follow a mech program based system or do you carry out research on each stock individually. I am very weak on my fundamental analysis which is why I use the system based route.

The other thing is I only go long at this time which can be somewhat restrictive as you would expect. If there is anyone else here that goes the program route I would appreciate their input in to what measures they apply to define how good the system is. I have the regular Net Profit, Qty trades wins/loses, % profitable, drawdown and capital results as you would expect. However I understand there is a calculation available to work out its viability as well. If anyone knows of this I would be very grateful for a heads up on it.

Anyway I would like to join in with this thread if thats ok.

Splurge

PitBull said:
For those interested in identifying the Ax on level 2, I have attached a quick reference guide detailing the three leading Market-makers (Ax's) based on year to date volume of shares transacted for the most popular stocks

Nice one Lee, thanks. I've been compiling my own! I'll check what I've got that you might not have and consolidate.

Gadgetman said:
Anyone NOT watching YHOO for a trade today?

Or has it found it's level post/pre-market?...........

I couldn't get qt+ib to display it (may have to give-up and get esignal :eek: )

Splurge your most welcome.

Last edited:
samtron said:
I couldn't get qt+ib to display it (may have to give-up and get esignal :eek: )

Had trouble with TradeStation's Market Depth during 1st hour again this morning, missed a couple of lucrative trades :( Takes about 30 seconds to load the data :devilish:

However, I got in early on QLGC without Level2 and did very nicely thank you :cheesy:

Tried to copy PitBull's BCRX move on RMBS today but wimped out and exited (for a nice profit though..)
Should have stayed in, it's gone up another 25 cents since then and breaking through upper trend line regularly at the moment.

Last edited:
Are most of you guys trading Nasdaq L2? I did a course with Naz ages ago but couldnt click with it hence why I trade mostly eod now for US stocks

Gadgetman said:
Had trouble with TradeStation's Market Depth during 1st hour again this morning, missed a couple of lucrative trades :( Takes about 30 seconds to load the data :devilish:

However, I got in early on QLGC without Level2 and did very nicely thank you :cheesy:

Tried to copy PitBull's BCRX move on RMBS today but wimped out and exited (for a nice profit though..)
Should have stayed in, it's gone up another 25 cents since then and breaking through upper trend line regularly at the moment.

PitBull said:

What a sound bloke! Thank you!

I've got a list on the go too, but this is way better than mine!

P.S. Is there a test on these on Sat? :cool:

Last edited:
Level 2 practice

If anyone wants to practice in the afternoon session, follow JNPR. Slow moving (with the occasional spurt :eek: ) and lots of volume, very easy to track...........