Best Thread US day traders thread.

US Traders' meeting in London yesterday

jimmy1jag said:
Just got in from London.

It was great to meet up with you guys tonight and to put names to faces - some cases - and to see older faces again.

Hope to see you again sometime soon.

What a fantastic day. A massive thanks to Lee (PitBull) for organising everything. Great venue and food and a great crowd of people - over 20 turned up I think. Farthest to travel was I think Peter from Amsterdam who came over with Dave, also from Holland.

It was so good to talk to so many enthusiasts, all at different levels of development.

Looking forward to the next one, which I believe a few drunks suggested should be in Amsterdam!

If only Lee would have let me onto the karaoke machine :)

I took a few photos, unfortunately quality not great, with plenty of red eyes (I think that was the camera!) and will post a url for them tomorrow.

Thanks again Lee and greetings to all those who were there. To those who could not make it due to location or other reasons sorry, but you missed a really good evening.

Gadgetman said:
What a fantastic day. A massive thanks to Lee (PitBull) for organising everything. .

Yes, what a pleasurable evening with old masters and new super wizkids. Special thanks to Lee (pitbull) for putting it all together.

Looking forward to the next meet up, in Holland?

Last edited:
Gadgetman said:
If only Lee would have let me onto the karaoke machine :)

You had the opportunity :LOL: You turned it down!!

S&P futures pit over the Karaoke system was interesting though!!

I need a new camera!

Hi
Sorry again about the quality but here are the photos - each is about 1.2mb so don't bother trying on a slow link!
http://www.david-davis.net/ustraders

My favourite is the subliminal advertising ("V") from Naz and the others......... :cheesy:
I didn't quite manage to get Big Ben sticking out of dvdh's head accurately.

Next time, let's do a group photo with a decent camera.

I'm soooo tired...............can't believe I was talking about going clubbing afterwards.......

Thanks everyone. What a quality evening!
Oh dear, I do look a bit blurry eyed. Yes I think you do need a new camera David. LOL.

Feeling it today though.

Special thanks for everyone turning up, especially Naz and Mr Charts.

Here's to keeping the thread alive
Cheers

I would like to add my thanks to Lee for organising a great evening. I had a great time :)

Fascinating to meet some people behind the screen tags and swap a few stories and approaches to the market.

Cheers

David

Hi gang,
Great evening.
Like everyone else a special thanks to PitBull (for pulling it off) and dvdh (this guy knows his stuff!!) and Peter for coming over from Holland.
Also thanks to Naz and Mr Charts.

I have already started saving up for the next one :)

Last edited:
The next bash

Would all US Traders please note that there will only be one drink per person at the next bash.

Attachments

• drinks.JPG
    drinks.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 208
Many thanks to Pitbull for putting on the bash. Thanks to Jimmy for the lift.

It was great to see and listen everyone. Putting names to faces was excellent.

All the best to everyone.

Naz

Gadgetman said:
I took a few photos, unfortunately quality not great, with plenty of red eyes (I think that was the camera!) and will post a url for them tomorrow.
Hi Gadgetman,
As you say, the quality of the pic's isn't great but, nonetheless, ten out of ten for having the presence of mind to take a camera at all! For the benefit of those who were unable to attend, could you provide some notation to indicate who is who please? I recognise Alan and Richard, but no one else!
Many thanks,
Tim.

Gadgetman said:
Next time, let's do a group photo with a decent camera.
Shame on you Dave, being GadgetMan and all, we had expected RT streaming video as a minimum. :LOL:

Thanks for taking the trouble to post and glad everyone had a good time.

cheers

Thanks all for a great evening,

Nice to meet people in the same line and hear the various stories as to how we all got into trading & how we're getting on etc. Especially great to talk to people so passionate about trading.

Cheers

Dave

London

Hi guys,

Lee, thank you for organising this. It was great. We all had a great time. Next time we gotta do this in Amsterdam. That would be fun.

It was great to meet you guys and see somes faces behind the handles.
And David thanks for your hospitality and for showing some "Magic". This guy's name should be David Copperfield instead of David Davis. LOL.
His handle is GadgetMan and he really is one too. It's incredible how many gadgets this guy has.

Nice to meet you all and hopefully we can do it again.

-Dave.

Really good fun meeting all you guys, I enjoyed it ! must do it again, Amsterdam would be great fun! ( dave ) do they all wear snakeskin boots there?

timsk said:
For the benefit of those who were unable to attend, could you provide some notation to indicate who is who please?
Many thanks,
Tim.
I'll have a go when I get some spare time ......
Surprised you couldn't spot me, as my profile picture is uploaded on this board - have I really aged that much since I started trading? :)

dvdh said:
His handle is GadgetMan and he really is one too. It's incredible how many gadgets this guy has.

-Dave.
And today I just ordered the Motorola wireless home security system - works with wireless broadband to view home via internet, see who is at the door etc. :)

I have a pdf file of the pictures that Strewthmate sent me. I am updating the names and will post soon.

Gadgetman said:
I'll have a go when I get some spare time ......
Surprised you couldn't spot me, as my profile picture is uploaded on this board - have I really aged that much since I started trading? :)
Dave,
Sorry, it's been a while since I looked at your profile! Okay, I can spot you easily enough and no, you haven't aged at all. Don't spend time on my account doing anything clever re. identifying people. A simple post will suffice saying 'the chap wearing the tie is . . . chap with longish dark hair is . . . etc. Or, alternatively, those peeps that attended could identify themselves?
Tim.

To fellow traders who were unable to make it on Saturday.

I hope we live up to your expectations. :cheesy:

Those missing from the photos were Naz and Gadgetman.

p.s. WheezerGeezer. I can't remember your friend's name

Attachments

• traders_pics1.pdf
    716.1 KB · Views: 645
  • traders_pics2.pdf
    525.6 KB · Views: 604
wheezergeezer said:
Really good fun meeting all you guys, I enjoyed it ! must do it again, Amsterdam would be great fun! ( dave ) do they all wear snakeskin boots there?

LOL. No, I'm the only one wearing the snakeskin boots. LOL.