Best Thread US day traders thread.

Bit quiet on here recently... everyone off spending their profits? ;)

Did anyone catch the action on MNST yesterday?

For what its worth I managed to get burned initially trying to short it from its mid morning consolidation... doh! Fortunately I made it back again when it broke up again towards $50.

Sorry - not learned how to post charts yet

When you wish to reply to a thread click on "Go Advanced" and you will get the option to upload pictures.

Paul

Cigar said:
does Via Trader issue alerts in the evening, after Naz has called it a day with the comments?

Yes via-trader.com continues to call alerts all day right to the end of the market. My commentary is an extra to the alerts, letting viewers know whats happening in different stocks and what i'm doing. If i'm taking a break the alerts keep on coming as they are computer generated.

Naz

Some more info on the above post. The real technology is the intra day scanner. I select the possible hottest stocks of the day and the computer generated scanner alerts traders to intra day entry points.

Where as an index, forex, UK trader might be happy to trade something that averages 80-100 points a day we are looking for stocks that can move 500 points a day or more. The scanner gives alerts LIVE so that the trader can decide if the entry fits into their own trading criteria.

One of the hardest things during the trading day is to find stocks that are moving and be given the information LIVE so that a trader can benefit from it, rather than to look back in hindsight and only wish they'd been able to have seen the move starting.

In the example from yesterday, you can see how the scanner calls a LIVE possible short entry on a hot stock and it promptly falls 1000 points during the day.

Attachments

• pd.gif
    pd.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 165
  • pd2.gif
    pd2.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 288
Part of the trick is to find the right stocks and we seem to have a good record of continuously being able to do this.

I attach one of our movers today falling 500 points from the scanners LIVE alert.

Naz

Attachments

• btu1.gif
    btu1.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 150
  • btu2.gif
    btu2.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 267
As its been a bit quiet on here lately, I gather most are just getting on with it, I thought I'd post a trade, that has been a bit of a star lately and that is PD (NYSE). The scanner called this and seeing that it done a 1000 points yesterday, I thought today might be interesting also. I took it at 151.46 and covered half at 148.22 and covered rest at 149.05. + 2.82 Chart attached.

The scanner also called the 10.30am move which could of netted you another $2. By this time I was done for the morning :cheesy:

For those coming to the meet up on Saturday, look forward to meeting you all.

Best regards
Lee

Attachments

• PD080206.jpg
    PD080206.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Nice trade Pitbull. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday as well.

I recognise your trade as one of my hot stocks, so i guess you probably used the scanner for that entry, so for other readers of the thread i attach the scanners alert on that move that made about 400points. Well done.

Naz

Attachments

• pd5.gif
    pd5.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 239
Here are the charts of a couple of things i was talking about yesterday.
The fake breakdown in the futures. Chart 1
GOOG making a saucer bottom and then a reverse head and shoulders. Chart 2

GOOG could be worth watching today. I'll have it in the scanner just incase.

Naz

Attachments

• es1.gif
    es1.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 258
  • googg.gif
    googg.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 230
Naz said:
Here are the charts of a couple of things i was talking about yesterday.
The fake breakdown in the futures. Chart 1
GOOG making a saucer bottom and then a reverse head and shoulders. Chart 2

GOOG could be worth watching today. I'll have it in the scanner just incase.

Naz
Great stuff (as always) Naz,
I am afraid GOOG, with my level of experience, is a bit RICH for me at the moment :)

looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang at the bash. :cool:

Yesterday i mentioned about the fake on the futures and how it could catch many out.
Today the problem is the Fibonacci level from the last major leg down. You can see how it is affecting the market at the moment.

I look forward to meeting you Samtron and all the others on Sat

Naz

Attachments

• futures.gif
    futures.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
A few calls from the VIA scanner. Selected the best ones and all profitable.

Two this morning MRVL and AKAM.

MRVL long @ 68.03, scaled out half 69.32, other half 69.16 +.56

AKAM long @ 25.39, scaled out half 27.22, other half 26.85 +73

Two this evening

MATK short @ 33.47 covered in full 33.09 +38

RIMM long @ 72.04 out in full 72.65 +61

Total 2.28

With a short in AAPL from 67.20 still going.

The beauty is, if you know the set ups you can anticipate the call before it happens, i.e. a low risk entry. If it doesn't happen then you scratch it and wait for next call.

Attachments

• RIMM090206.jpg
    RIMM090206.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 260
  • mrvl090206.jpg
    mrvl090206.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 284
  • MATK090206.jpg
    MATK090206.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 261
  • akam090206.jpg
    akam090206.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 265
AAPL covered 65.63. +1.57
Chart attached.

Attachments

• AAPL090206.jpg
    AAPL090206.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 276
Nice trading Pitbull, see you Sat.

Actually i can see that if your get together goes off as well as it looks like it will you'll be holding more of them.

Alan

PitBull said:
AAPL covered 65.63. +1.57
Chart attached.
nice trade PitBull

a good example of the after lunch chop.

If you carry on like this we'll have to rename you Cassius
you know float like a butterfly sting like a bee :cheesy:

Thanks Samtron.

A real no brainer really and wish I stayed in longer, but mustn't grumble.

I saw the volume picking up on this one after lunch, overall trend was down and at the time of my entry the Q's and the Spooz were taking a dive, so all indicators were in favour of a short.

Pre market trading an edge for UK based nasdaq traders

A bit of time freed up today to do some daytrading after quite a long break. I posted on this subject a few weeks ago. I'm sure that for UK based Nasdaq traders a genuine edge is the pre-market session. Plenty of time to look to digest the news and plan a trade for the opening of the pre-market session. I left quite a bit on the table with IIJI (flat batteries in the crystal ball) but nevertheless quite happy with this trade, and more than happy with the approach.

Board seems to have been a bit quiet over the last couple of weeks.

Mark

Attachments

• IIJI.jpg
    IIJI.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 233
laytonm said:
Board seems to have been a bit quiet over the last couple of weeks.

Mark
Well for me, my excuse is, that I have been busy learning esignal :eek:

choppy morning session today??

AAPL intraday swing

I just want to share my thoughts on an intraday swing trade on AAPL.

After the heavy sell off yesterday, and the continuation this morning, the Nasdaq and AAPL put in a reversal around 3.30pm. This can be clearly seen on the 30 min chart. I take the entry on the 5 min as it trends up nicely and MA is at a good slope. When I look at the 30 min chart the candle is just crossing the MA and all 30 min bars are bullish. The futures have also turned around and steaming north. My entry is at 64.53 after it has consolidated a little, anticipating that the turn around is for real and we're heading north to take out the days high. The 15 min chart shows this beautifully and at 6.15 we are aiming north to the days high and the MA is putting in a steep strong move. All good signs. A look at the 30 min and it is very positive with not a red candle in sight after the reversal.

Therefore, my thought pattern is to swing this to the close. As I write it has taken out the previous two days resistance of 66.80 to 67, it is hugging the 10 MA on the way up, and as it takes out the resistance is becomes overextended. It now snaps back, and off we go again.

By looking at the longer timeframe charts you can see the forest through the trees and not get freaked by the 5 min. Managed of course with a manual trailing stop.

Attachments

• AAPL15min 100206.jpg
    AAPL15min 100206.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 250
  • AAPL30min 100206.jpg
    AAPL30min 100206.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 235
  • AAPL 5 min100206.jpg
    AAPL 5 min100206.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 247
Out 67.15. +2.62

Exit strategy explained on charts, but basically it had trouble with 67.40 with ETRD and NFSC holding it down. Bearish engulfing appearing on 5 min and 15min , selling momentum increasing on T&S, red candles taking out MA (closing below) and a spike up (shooting star). All warning signs!!

Attachments

• AAPL 15min 100206.jpg
    AAPL 15min 100206.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 208
  • AAPL 100206.jpg
    AAPL 100206.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 232
Just got in from London.

It was great to meet up with you guys tonight and to put names to faces - some cases - and to see older faces again.

Hope to see you again sometime soon.