Best Thread US day traders thread.

Volumes can be low overall sometimes but you still often get very good moves in selected stocks - often on lower than usual volume. So yes, contrary to popular opinion there is frequently good money to be made.
Richard

Just covered half my position in a $7 move on SNDK from 53.85 down to 46.80
Will cover rest if it reaches 47.33
(currently 46.84)
Richard

Covered the other half as planned.
This is a great market with multi-dollar moves - should continue like this for a long time - up and down. Wonderful opportunities for day traders ;-)
Richard

GOOG and SNDK

Yeah, incredible move. I took out 4.7 dollars per share in SNDK and 5.2 dollars in GOOG. My best day ever.

I LOVE TRADING, don't we all!

Last edited:
Yep, also got a bite out of GOOG on the cup-with-handle and out on the inverted hammer and doji combo.
I really do think there are some very happy hunting grounds now and for many months.
Richard

Also got 47c on AAPL, lost 12c on AMZN and lost 13c on ERTS
Almost $11 profit on the day
I'm finished for the day.
Richard

Yeah, I hope this volatility stays for another couple of months.
I'm not gonna stop yet, because there might be some action towards the close. Because of people closing positions before the Fed minutes tomorrow. Or it's gonna be completely dead this afternoon.
Anyway, we''ll see. Nice trades by the way, Richard!!!

-Dave.

You too, dvh, very nice trades indeed.
I l-u-r-v-e this type of trading - so consistent.
Don't get too bored this evening.
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
Richard

Thanks,

I'll watch out.

-Dave.

Mr. Charts said:
Richard

I'm not bored at all, I just took another 2.84 dollars out of GOOG. You see it's worth staying. HAHA. It doesn't have a single thing to do with closing out position though. But still high energy in GOOG.

So today: 4.72+5.23+2.84=$$$ 12.79

What a day.

-Dave.

Jezus, did you guys see RIMM. What an incredible day!!!!!!!!

I saw it a little late but I managed to take another 3.62 dollar out of it!

Sow that makes 12.79+3.62=$16.41

Did you catch RIMM, richard, or did you call it a day?

-Dave.

No, dvh, not RIMM, (very well done!), but took the evening GOOG breakout for a fistful of $$$, running it till it pulled back from $410 ;-)
This market is getting so good I think I'll have to start trading every evening rather than the once or twice a week I normally do.
Good hunting ;-)
Richard

Looks like everyone has had a blinding day. Well done Dave and Richard.
No trades yesterday as work got in the way and it may get in the way for the forseeable future. Lets see...

Had SNDK on my radar too and couldn't do anything about it!! Mustn't grumble about leaving money on the table as there will be MANY opportunities to come.

Good trading to all.

davevandenheuvel said:
Yeah, incredible move. I took out 4.7 dollars per share in SNDK and 5.2 dollars in GOOG. My best day ever.

I LOVE TRADING, don't we all!

lol, I am using IB charts at the moment, (just practice trading), i was also watching SNDK, 2 min bars, and all I could see all day was one bar, a bear spike from $100,000 to 0!! nothing else, eventually I gave up on the chart, and went to play elsewhere.
Looking back at the chart today (in the cold light of day, and in a relaxed frame of mind) I could see straight away it was just rogue data distorting the price scale so the other bars couldn't be seen.! :cry:

samtron said:
lol, I am using IB charts at the moment, (just practice trading), i was also watching SNDK, 2 min bars, and all I could see all day was one bar, a bear spike from $100,000 to 0!! nothing else, eventually I gave up on the chart, and went to play elsewhere.
Looking back at the chart today (in the cold light of day, and in a relaxed frame of mind) I could see straight away it was just rogue data distorting the price scale so the other bars couldn't be seen.! :cry:

I don't know about the fact that it was rogue data? Because it was on almost all charting software. It might be, but it could also be someone got really scr* wed after executing a real big market order.(500.000+).
I've seen people buying the 2000 offer or selling the 0.01 bid in the premarket many times, by entering some market orders. Now, how stupid can one be. But it can happen, though.
Just make sure it's not U. LOL!

Dave

Great stuff mate.

A quick question if I may. The RIMM trade. What alerted you to the breakout as it was so quick, all over in 15 mins?

PitBull said:
Dave

Great stuff mate.

A quick question if I may. The RIMM trade. What alerted you to the breakout as it was so quick, all over in 15 mins?

Well, to be honest. It was actually purely coïncidence, since I was watching TV and it was 3:30 so I went to the office for the cash close. I always wanna know what the big banks are doing on the cash close, by listening to an S&P squawkbox.
So I went through my hotlist and then I saw RIMM and the move just started, so I watched the level II screen and decided to go long. I scalped that move long and short. Traded a lot of shares in 15 minutes, all scalps! I'm waiting for it to sink now. or squeeze.

But If i had my trade-ideas scanner on then I'm sure RIMM went through.

-Dave.

Well, even I can make money when it acts like this!
Profits on KLAC and TECD, to compensate for a loss earlier on ERTS.

I wish I had traded SNDK and QLGC though - my alerts showed them but, being a novice, I decided to concentrate on the 2 trades I had going already. Shame :)

QLGC would have been a nice $1/share run and SNDK a bit more.......

Rgds
Dave

Gadgetman said:
Well, even I can make money when it acts like this!
Profits on KLAC and TECD, to compensate for a loss earlier on ERTS.

I wish I had traded SNDK and QLGC though - my alerts showed them but, being a novice, I decided to concentrate on the 2 trades I had going already. Shame :)

QLGC would have been a nice $1/share run and SNDK a bit more.......

Rgds
Dave

Wow, nice move's in KLAC and especially in TECD. I lost some money on ERTS too. I bought too late. So that cost me 18 cents. And I lost 20 cents in RIMM.
Although I did make $ 1.82 in GOOG and $ 1.20 in SNDK. 11 cents in MCHP. Got out a little early.
I made 65 cents in AAPL. Lost 9 cents in AKAM.
So 1.82-0.18-0.20+1.2+0.11+0.65-0.09=3.31.

I hope we get some action after the Fed Minutes this afternoon (or evening). It'll probably the heavy-weights that move. AMGN etc.

-Dave