Best Thread US day traders thread.

Hi Samtron

Not using level 2 yet, just using price and volume action and looking for particular set ups, especially for the afternoon moves 6.30 -7pm UK time.

PitBull said:
Hi Samtron

Not using level 2 yet, just using price and volume action and looking for particular set ups, especially for the afternoon moves 6.30 -7pm UK time.

Thanks PitBull,

Yes I think thats how I will "test the water" (without Level 2), real account, but few shares.

have fun.

Hiya plum,
I shall play the patterns as usual - we shall see.
It isn't restricted any longer, but it might still prove touch and go to borrow IF I want to go short.
Good trading ;-)
Richard

People sometimes ask about losing trades.
I don't have many of those as I tend to only go for the high probability trades anyway.
When I do lose my micro-analysis normally forewarns me of an imminent failure BEFORE it appears on a chart so I can close the position very quickly for minimum loss.
Today is quite a good example. Nasdaq is a bit flattish so far so if there are no high probability swing trades then I simply look for scalps to ensure I make money every day.
With scalps I am not looking for serious money if I can't see where I might get it, merely nibbles here and there, often time after time after time.
Here were the first two trades - both scalps and both under a minute.
The first I didn't want to pay more than 80.84 and was only able to pick up a mere 400 at that price.
When micro-analysis told me the trade was failing I simply exited immediately and sustained a $7 loss.
The next one was SNDK and, as always, I waited the high probability situation and shorted 1000.
Exit as usual for a scalp of + $172
So that is what happens on a sluggish first half hour of trading.
Net profit only +$165 (after the $7 loser) but then time to move on looking for swing trades, if not then more scalps.
Richard

Please, t2w, your clock is still on BST..............

Attachments

• typicalscalps.GIF
    typicalscalps.GIF
    7.5 KB · Views: 271
Similar story with me aswell today. No big winnes. Just trying to play any 'scalp plays' that set-up for a few ticks.

Attachments

• NOV8.GIF
    NOV8.GIF
    31.4 KB · Views: 277
Mr Charts you can change the clock settings by going to Community >> User Control Panel >> Edit Options >> Date & Time Options (near the bottom). Set the timezone to GMT and the DST correction to off.

scalps

Yeah, for me too. There was some good action in GENZ though. Bought at 72.75 sold at 73.84. That was the quickest and best trade of the day, if not the month or year. LOL. Under 30 seconds.
For the rest scalps in EXPD GOOG MERQE SNDK AMGN EBAY VPHM AAPL
I bought RIMM this morning at the open. And that cost me about 50 cents per share. I wanted to get out a LOT earlier. But I got cancel after cancel after cancel. But that's part of the game.
Luckily I didn't stop trading after that little setback. I traded up to a very nice profit.

Conclusion: keep on trading, every trade is unique and a new chance to make money.

Afternoon people

Stocks I'm watching today:

Gapping up
HANS
GENZ
BOOM
PIXR
SOHU

Gapping Down
ESRX
SNDK
CDWC
CMX

Good Luck!

Just took $1.35 run from PIXR, bloody marvellous!
See attached, entry at top of hammer 54.25, out 55.60.

Attachments

• PIXR.gif
    PIXR.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Pitbull

PitBull said:
Just took $1.35 run from PIXR, bloody marvellous!
See attached, entry at top of hammer 54.25, out 55.60.

In the words of Mr. Punch; " Thats the way to do it." :D

Well done ;)

Thanks for posting PitBull, especially with commentary, as I find that really helpful
cheers :D

Bought PIXR myself at 54.13. closed it near the whole number at 55.

Well done mate.

OK, its been a good day so far, so I think I will pack up for the day. Caught the bounce off of SNDK.
LONG at 58.84 out at 59.58. See both entry and exit charts.

Attachments

• SNDK.gif
    SNDK.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 341
  • SNDK2.gif
    SNDK2.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 339
PitBull....

Excellent posts (and trades) this afternoon mate. Really enjoying your work.

Wishes,
Steve.

Thanks for your kind words Steve. It's nice to know people appreciate my posts.
I don't want to become too complacent, so my feet are firmly on the ground at this early stage of my trading.

As they say. "just another day at the office, eh!"