US bank/broker with debit card access

mayhem28

Hey,

Hope this question is ok first up. Does anyone know a US bank or brokerage that will accept an Australian client without a US address and who isn't a US citizen or resident and will provide me with debit card access to my funds. I've searched extensively for this and the most promising I could find is Schwab Global, which I presume is the international version of Schwab. They want a minimum deposit of 25k which is fine. There was Etrade, but don't care for them much and apparently they aren't giving out debit cards anymore anyway. Basically I've got a considerable amount of funds built up in my Epassporte account (similar to moneybookers, paypal, etc.) and would like to transfer it somewhere that's better backed and with better support.
I would like to keep it in USD and not have it transferred to AUD which is why I'm pressing for a US account (there are USD options here but not too keen on em). Anyone got an account with schwab? Admittedly, they're not the sexiest company around, but they are decent and the debit card is no fee apparently and I suppose I could use it anywhere in the world.

Cheers