Uranium

Grey1

Uranium stocks have been doing extremely well last past few month . I have now invested around 30 K into speculative uranium stocks as seen ,,,

some of these stocks have ready gone up by 1000 % and there seems the demand for uranium is increasing as we go through energy crises....Any body else has invested ?

Grey1

Attachments

• uranium.jpg
    uranium.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 655
Reactions: TWI
To be honest I haven't paid them any attention until now.

Do you have a couple of favourites Grey1?

hmm what do these companies do with the uranium, whats their business? they got some orders for artillery shells coming in or something?

options said:
To be honest I haven't paid them any attention until now.

Do you have a couple of favourites Grey1?

Option ,

I have been Trading some of more liquid Uranium stocks such as FRG on AMEX last past few weeks which has already risen 80%. ( if you do a search on this BB for FRG then you can see some of my trades) , At some stage I was taking $7000 profit a day in such an un certain and volatile market.

I think URRE is yet to break out to £12 in a very short time but as you can see I have diversified my funds over few stocks to reduce risk .
I would also look into JNN if i was you as there are lots of good news in the pipe line for this stock as well .

Please do a professional research before opening a postion

Hope this help

Attachments

• URRE.jpg
    URRE.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Grey1,

Are your recent trades on these based on fundamentals or technicals ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Grey1,

Are your recent trades on these based on fundamentals or technicals ?

Paul

None.. Speculative stocks always suffer from a solid fundamentals . This is why they are called speculative. This portfolio is solely based on huge future demand for uranium . if you do a search on Uranium stock you can see some of these stocks have already gone up by 1000s percent ( Pine Tree 18000% MEGA 4000% FRG 5000% LARAMAID 14000 % )

Uranium has made too many people multi millionaires last past 12 month time .
uranium is in huge huge shortage and soon there wont be any penny stocks left in this sector .

I have done a lot of research on this sector and if the Board is interested i will write some thing up about this sector.

Like all other speculative stocks the name of the game is Diversification . I cannot stress too much on this matter. diversify diversify .. Be a pro

grey1

The hedge funds are heavily into this sector. Read into this as you wish.

As well as some of the Uranium stocks already mentioned by Grey1, especially EMU, those interested in speculation should do some research on two other stocks not mentioned, CDY and USU.
As I'm sure Grey would agree, concentrate on diversification within a sector but also diversify through several unrelated sectors.
Richard

Uranium stock are flying again

URRE up 8%

URME up 24 %

EMU up 9 %

URZ up 8%

TUE up 4%

TVC 4 %

UUU up 4%

PDN 2%

JNN, , GMC down 5%

The rest of the stocks in portfolio did not move much

Grey1

Last edited:
I did some research into the Uranium side 2 years back, Grey1 is right, it's crazy how much they've just increased in price and they still carry on flying up, demand for it is high and there's not enough out there. I would've loved to had gotten in on Rosnefts shares when they listed.

There's one or two South Africa companies too which have listed on Toronto and LSE exchanges that are pretty active in exploration.

I don't trade Uranium so take what I say purely based on a technical analysis of these stocks.

If you check any of these stocks grey1 has listed, and I only took a random sample of three, you'll notice immediately they all exhibit the classical pattern of being in the 'public participation' phase. Which is why, I guess, they're being discussed on this site.

Check the volume profiles and you'lll note the majority are accelerating on comparatively average relative volume.

There are significant divergences on pretty much any flavour of indicator you care to select.

Are we at the top? Who knows. But if I had been long I now have got enough information to consider reducing my exposure significantly and quickly. These stocks will not decay anything like as slowly as the underlying.

Copy into Excel and justify properly to see SnD.

Estimated world uranium balance
Tonnes U (1) 2006e 2007f 2008f 2009f 2010f
---Mine Production 39584 44427 49124 56060 62771
---Other Supply 22661 20482 19635 20444 19250
Total Supply 62245 64909 68759 76504 82021
% Change YoY -2.7 4.3 5.9 11.3 7.2
Reactor Requirements 72765 69300 70532 73304 74729
% Change YoY -3.1 -4.8 1.8 3.9 1.9
Balance -10520 -4391 -1773 3200 7292
Note (1): Tonne U (tU) = 1.179 * 1 Tonne U308
Source: Macquarie Research, Ux Consulting, April 2007

"The new Ranger mine output figures for 2007 and 2008
compare to our (pre-7 March) production forecasts of
4,620tU in 2007, and 5,005tU in 2008, resulting in a cut
in our production forecasts of 594tU for 2007 and 1985-
2388tU for 2008. This is a substantial downward revision
to supply over the next two years, and has the effect of
pushing the market further into deficit in 2007 (-4,391tU),
and changing the market from a small surplus in 2008 to
a sizeable deficit (-1,773tU).
This development highlights the susceptibility of uranium
supply to disruption, as well as the concentrated nature
of uranium mine supply (ie, market depends on a small
number of large mines).
While we believe that supply will eventually come online,
this development, together with the news on 18 March
that production at Cameco’s Cigar lake project would be
delayed until at least 2010, is likely to leave the market
tight for longer than we had previously forecast, and also
raises the question of whether we should be allowing a
bigger allowance in our supply forecasts for
delays/disruption
Output growth out to 2010 is now much more dependent
on planned strong mine supply growth in Kazakhstan
and Africa. All eyes will be on production developments
in these countries over the next two years, and any
problems/delays will result in further substantial
increases in prices. Spot uranium prices are currently
trading at $95/lbU308, up from $40/lbU308 a year ago.
Overall, we believe that the implications of ERA’s
announcement on Monday have yet to work their way
through the spot market, and remain extremely bullish
for uranium prices in 2007 and 2008."

Uranium is going places ... I rotated my portfolio to shift some of the risks to more higher cap stocks . I managed to take advantage of a nice break out in this sector

All pos are open but I will be shifting $$ from Uranium to mineral stocks when I feel there is a weakness in uranium

PNP and MGA broke out to new high to day ,, other stocks did very well too

Grey1

Attachments

• MGA.jpg
    MGA.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 410
  • new portfolio.jpg
    new portfolio.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 282
  • PNP.jpg
    PNP.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 238
options said:
Thank you Grey1.

I shall look a little bit closer.

regards.
I hope you got into URRE as the stock is trading @ 10.25 to day . only few days back was $8.70

I know few people on Technical Trader got into URRE last week ..

grey1

Grey1 said:
Option ,

I think URRE is yet to break out to £12 in a very short time but as you can see I have diversified my funds over few stocks to reduce risk .
I would also look into JNN if i was you as there are lots of good news in the pipe line for this stock as well .

Please do a professional research before opening a postion

Hope this help
URRE will get to $12 target in a very short time .. URRE up 9% to day

Last edited:
frugi said:

A 1000 shares of any pink sheet unranium stock could worth 50 folds in less than 5 years ..

Those of you who have a very limited capital and would like to make a fortune, invest as little as £1000 into a uranium penny stock and leave it for few years or even better for your children's future.. NO stop loss No counting your pennies every day .. just invest it for a long term ,,
In five years time you probably have blown your intra day account 5 times where as that little £1000 investment might be your saviour .. For God sake don't see this post as tipping or pump , dump strategy ,, just see it as a wake up call..

Grey1

Grey1