updating

PeterB

I have used my downloader to update all Metastock stocks and this has worked fine,but when I open up the 3 broad market BM charts in Layouts they have not updated.Does anyone know how to solve this?

PeterB

Could you please explain more....

For BM charts the data needs to be in particular format....

Which data supplier do you subscribe to..???

zambuck said:
Could you please explain more....

For BM charts the data needs to be in particular format....

Which data supplier do you subscribe to..???

I use the reuters datalink for EOD data.

I klick on open charts,the box opens itself up on the left hand side is History local data favourites and Reuters Datalink.
Beneath that it has a column symbol, file desrcription,and Files of type and the first one is smart charts,charts,Layouts,All Files,I clcik on Layouts and in the box above appears,BM Monetary below it BM Nasdaq,below that bm nyse.
If I click on any one of those 3 it opens up 8 mini charts daily and weekly.These are the ones that are not updating ie the very last date on the end of the graph is 02.06.05.
I was wondering how to update them?

To Zambuck

Hi I thought I would post this here for anyone else to see or copy if they need it,I sent you a PM on this subject.
I was looking using Metastock 9.1 EOD how to set up the explorer to search for stocks that are between $10 and $50 and have a daily volume of at least 1500000.Jose gave me great assistance here I wrote out what I thought it was and he corrected me.
The formula you fill in on the Exploration Editor under filter; C>=10 AND C<=50 AND V>=1500000
If you are adding it onto an additional formula dont forget you must have a + sign between the formulas.
I have not seen jose here on these boards he has his own site if anyone wants its address please ask or on yahoo finance site under equismatastock join the discussion board (its free) jose can be seen on there.

Regards PeterB

Thanks Zambuck after looking at the equis formulae page I think if I lived to a 100 I'd never be able to test all those formulae out :cheesy:
Changing the subject have you used (bought) and of Jose's add ons or heard of anyone who has purchased one,the MACD divergence kit 9.0 looks good or is that just advertising,the man certainly seems to know programming and Metastock inside out.

Regards PeterB

PeterB

Yes these sites will keep one busy for many a years....

Most importantly, there is a huge range of coding that is available here...So you can take a exploration and tweak it to suit your requirements.

This is a part I like best about this programme....That you have a wealth of these items.....Unlike some programmes where you have to rely on the supplier to give you an 'indicator' or an 'exploration.......No names...!!

No I have not used either Roy's or Jose's indicators.....I am still experimenting with mine own explorations, and system tests etc.....

If you look at Jose's site....http://www.metastocktools.com/.....and scroll rign down, you will see some very interesting exploartions and formulaes there....Like Moon Phase etc....

However I was tempted to subscribe to Roy's newletter....I may do that someday when this world will have 50 hours in a day instead of just 24...!!!

Now must finish that Vina Mara Rioja 2001......!

regards

Last edited:
Peter

Also visit the site below and subscribe to RSS feed that comes directly via this site on RSS software installed on your machine.....There you have Jose, Roy's and few others feeds that will appear on your RSS software as soon as it appears on the site below....

http://forum.equis.com/index.php

One day UK TA software providers will catch up with this kind of facility.....No names...!!

regards