Unwanted ads, surveys, etc

trendie

Legendary member
6,209 996
In the past couple of days or so, I am getting these "global survey" pages that keep appearing.
Screen-shot attached.
I get them for almost every 2-3 pages.
Whats causing them?
What settings (Google Chrome) do I need to apply to suppress them?
Is it maybe malware?

I have also noticed on some sites a bar along the bottom with "helpful" "if-you-visited-this-page-you'll-want-to-visit this-site" type garbage.
The most annoying thing are the spurious ads that "rise-up" and I have to hit the cross or select "disable" to make go away.

I HATE these intrusive ads that I have to carry out an action to make go away.

HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPP me from this invasive garbage!
thanks

Attachments

BeginnerJoe

3,329 349
I use chrome and no problems. The only thing I vaguely remember turning off is the pop ups. I think for a lot of forums, the ads appear if you are not logged on.

Lax_Van_Dumb

63 5
Use Mozilla Firefox. The is a plugin called adblock plus which allows popups but not streaming ads. Don't take it round to a repair shop like this one.

Attachments

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,313
Go to chrome web store and download the extension AdBlock

FringFX

244 6
Use Mozilla Firefox. The is a plugin called adblock plus which allows popups but not streaming ads. Don't take it round to a repair shop like this one.
have you tried the add-on NoScript with this? I believe I've tried Adblock before but remember not liking it. may be it has become easier to use since then.