unknown color changing indicator

locomack

hi,below are some links to an indicator which i want to know how to plot on my chart.I am using TS2000i, so please let me know.I'm talking about that line that looks kind of dotted,and it changes from red to blue.

http://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=19753
http://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=18268
http://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/DATA/20031220141253_ZZT.jpg

if i have to import an ELD file to get this to work,i cannot,so i was wondering how i can get the code to show this line without the ELD file.Thanks

The dotted line you are seeing is not what these indicators are plotting. The first one is plotting the bottom indicator shown in blue and the second one is the yellow zig-zag indicator. None of these are changing colour so you would need to find an indicator that is changing colour. I have previously written code that allows indicators to change colour but you first need to know what you wish to plot and the code before it can be done.

Paul

This example code is untidy but it, or some variant of it, works ok for me.

if plot2 > plot2[1] then plot2[1](Plot2[1],"******",green);
if plot2 < plot2[1] then plot2[1](Plot2[1],"******",red);
if plot2 = plot2[1] and plot2[1] >= plot2[2] then plot2[1](Plot2[1],"******",green);
if plot2 = plot2[1] and plot2[1] <= plot2[2] then plot2[1](Plot2[1],"******",red);

HTH

Last edited:
thanks guys for ur reply.Ok i dont think i explained what i need clearly.Ok, in the first link, u see the dotted line thats blue then the dots become red,u see how that line is straight,it goes from down to up,then goes back down,it forms lkike a triangle,well i want to know how to get this line into my chart.If its calculating stuff from the bottom indicator then displaying it as that line,whats the code to do that, OR if its just a separate indicator,what indicator is it.Thanks for your time,i'm sorry if i am asking too much.take care.If you are displaying code,can you plz make sure its all right bcuz i know absolutely no coding in EL.

Last edited:
locomack,

It is difficult to see what the dotted line indicator is and unless we know then helping you is difficult. I will see if I can find out but it may be a while.

Paul

Trader333 said:
locomack,

It is difficult to see what the dotted line indicator is and unless we know then helping you is difficult. I will see if I can find out but it may be a while.

Paul

ok,but i noticed something,look at the zigzag link,u see when the yellow zigzag crosses the the red lines that move from down to up,or vice versa,well when that happens the dotted line changes from blue to red,or whatever.Maybe its that when u add a strategy it makes that line,but i dont think i can create a strategy like that in ts2000i,bcuz i cannot import eld files.I dont think its just a separate indicator,bcuz at the top right corner of the chart,in the first 2 links,all u see it says is STRATEGY,if it was a separate indicator,it would have had a name

A strategy would not make the additional line or colour change. What is needed is to know what the dotted line is as it definitely is some kind of indicator but not the ones that you have asked about. Once we know what it is we can set the code to colour differently at certain points. Unfortunately there is not enough information to know for definite what it is unless I have just missed something obvious ?

Paul